Barton Associates Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.3
Robert Indresano

Pros
  • The company is rapidly expanding, so there is a TON of room for growth and managerial opportunities (in 5 reviews)

• Don't get me wrong, a lot of hard work went into getting to where I am today but that's what it takes in this position (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Because the company is growing there are changes made as needed to accommodate the needs of the business (in 4 reviews)

• Long hours and there can seem like there's no light at the end of the tunnel early on (in 6 reviews)

1. Place to grow, fun environment!

Current Employee - Associate Account Development Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Account Development Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Barton Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Barton Associates is a great place to begin your career. You begin with a lot of cold calling, but it's truly the only way to get comfortable on the phone and build up your client base. It's amazing how quickly you can move up at Barton. The environment, the people and the opportunity to grow makes me want to come to work everyday.

Cons

7am start time is rough especially at first, but after a month or so you get used to it. The pay is hard the first 6 months but if you spend that time building up your client base you'll start making commission soon!

2. Account Manager

I have been working at Barton Associates full-time

Pros

Weekends off, full benefits in thirty days and five thousand raise after 6 months. A lot of growth opportunities.

Cons

Early mornings and long days. If you do not want to be on the phones all day don't apply.

3. Questionable morals and tactics

Former Employee - Associate Recruiter
    Former Employee - Associate Recruiter

I worked at Barton Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people were nice and friendly, the manager was looking out for me and wanted to make sure I was happy in the position

Cons

I only lasted around 3 days before I had to leave. First off, training is pretty terrible. They train you for around 2 days and it mostly consists of shadowing people who have only been there a few months and also don't fully know what they are doing. In the interview they make it seem as if training is going to be a lot more thorough. By the third day, you're on your own making calls to people who mostly do not want to talk to you. But Barton doesn't care if that person has been asked to be taken off the phone list 4 times already in the past six months, you are encouraged to call them again. Also, they use pretty shady techniques to get doctors' information, in my short time there I saw people calling hospitals pretending to be patients (which is illegal) and calling up doctors' family members pretending to be former friends in order to get more information out of them. You are encouraged to be ruthless in your quest to build up a base of medical professionals. If you are willing to do anything for money and you don't care who you annoy and enjoy calling 100+ phone numbers a day, you shouldn't have a problem here. Also the work day starts at 7am which sucks.

Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Keene, NH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Keene, NH

I have been working at Barton Associates full-time

Pros

The environment is great, very easy to get your work done and have fun at the same time! Every Friday is "Fun Friday" and we play games, go mini golfing, bowling, or out to breakfast. I am fairly new to the company and I know I've found the right one. The management is willing to take time to work with you if you feel lost at all and make sure that you understand everything.

Cons

The hours can get long if you have to work late to speak with someone in a different time zone. However, it's worth it when you get your commission!

6. Associate accounts manager

Pros

Good Work atmosphere because of age group

Cons

Bad, insuffitient training process for new hires

Great Company, would do it again.

Former Employee - Fulfillment Specialist-Team Lead in Keene, NH
    Former Employee - Fulfillment Specialist-Team Lead in Keene, NH

I worked at Barton Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a very goals and results oriented work place. If you are good at your job and work hard you can instantly start making more money. If you are not a results oriented worker this place probably isn't for you. Go make burgers or something. The management was very helpful and supportive. Some of the best in the business. They provide you leads so very little cold calling on the .com side. And of course the people in the Keene office all around made it a very likeable workplace. Their is a lot of room for growth if you want to lead.

Cons

Days can be long. Their will always be that one phone call from time to time that puts you in a bad mood. And of course dialing can be repetitive. Honestly for me the biggest con was the office location was in such a small town.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing in Keene. Best of luck.

Could be a great company..

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Peabody, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Peabody, MA

I worked at Barton Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the people you work with. The salaries and so-so benefits.

Cons

This company has the potential to be a great company to work for. One of the major issues is you have people in management positions who have no experience, and can't understand the concept of boundaries with employees beneath them. It becomes a popularity contest, and if you're not buddies with the manager forget about having a fair shot. Your work does not speak for itself, how brown you can get your nose does. The rules of the positions change day to day, and depending on who you're speaking with. Ethics are hard to find in most of the employees, and loyalty is nonexistent. This company has such a high turn over rate, that half the people in those photos up above aren't even with the company anymore.

Advice to Management

Take a hard look at who you put in these higher positions. Maybe start hiring management with some experience, who understand there is a reason you're not friends with your employees. Instead of relying on a honest policy system, which puts some employees at risk from threatened co-workers, you adapt some across the board standards for everyone.

Aug 20, 2015 – Manager, Human Resources

Thank you for providing feedback. Barton Associates has standards, policies and procedures in place that are expected to be followed by all team members. Our senior management team and HR has an ... More

9. Assistant Team Manager

Pros

Great work environment, uncapped commission

Cons

long work day, tough to maintain a strong work/life balance

Advice to Management

Start the day at 8, rather than 7.

Jul 9, 2015 – Manager, Human Resources

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We continuously work to create a great working environment to go along with our lucrative career platform. While we are not currently looking to ... More

10. Office Support

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newburyport, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newburyport, MA

I worked at Barton Associates (Less than a year)

Pros

Young and vibrant office setting

Cons

High turn-over rate for sales floor and support staff

Advice to Management

Take time to train your employees

Monotonous

I have been working at Barton Associates full-time

Pros

-Young company, the majority of employees are under 30. -Can be a team lead pretty quickly -Can make a lot of money

Cons

-Long hours -On the phone all day every day -Commission doesn't start for 6 months which makes legitimizing the grind difficult

Advice to Management

Start the day at 8 guys...hour long training meetings from 7 to 8 where half the people are still asleep does no good for anybody.

Jul 9, 2015 – Manager, Human Resources

Thank you for providing feedback. We pride ourselves on providing entry-level professionals with the opportunity to rapidly increase their income and advance their careers. Our compensation ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed