Base2 Solutions

Updated August 13, 2014

5.0

Base2 Solutions President and CEO Ron Hopkins
Ron Hopkins

A place of high expectations, great customers, talented people and an energizing culture!

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Base2 Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

What makes Base2 unique is the combination of factors that blend together to in way that makes it a win-win-win for the Base2 - the customer - and the employee. A very flat organization where the leaders are open to new ideas and creative approaches. Every project I have worked on for Base2 has been intellectually challenging and added value to the customer. I find that I can bounce ideas off of people readily, and everyone has an open mind as to how to bring the best solution to bear for our customers. The people I work with have depth and breadth of experiences and look at each new puzzle as an opportunity for grow even more, while creating scalable and supportable solutions. We embrace all technologies while being sensitive to the requirements of the customer.

Cons

As already mentioned in some of the other reviews, Base2 struggles a bit in a few areas. We need to continue to grow our business outside of Aerospace. We also need to bring some of our benefits and accounting systems into the modern world. Debit cards for flex plan, EFT for reimbursements vs. lots of paper work and paper checks. Our distributed nature makes it hard to connect with the team as a whole except at Comm Meetings and Summer BBQs.

We have seen lots of great improvements in benefits and accounting. The Comm Meetings are an excellent way to connect. Thank you so much for your support of the Lunch time Brown Bag topics and Social Activities. Thanks for the food and drinks and for the music.(vinyl Fridays). I am looking forward to a company retreat when the time is right - we can bring spouses and combine a little business with fun. Hosting customer events annually - showing our appreciation will also be something fun to help with and look forward to. On the right track ... keep up the great work. I cannot say thank you enough.

Team environment and happiness influences the final product.

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Associate  in  Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Associate in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Base2 Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good community, caring coworkers, quality work, good work/life balance, team events, good equipment, good benefits

Cons

Expected to produce quality work, rigorous quality management system. Aereospace industry clients means audits are regular to ensure quality standards for clients.

Keep on doing what you're doing.

Base2 Solutions Response

May 27, 2014Senior Recruiter

The leadership team works hard to keep this a great place to work! Thanks for giving the company such a great review!

Love to work here

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Base2 Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love the care they take with their people. They are selective but once you are hired they treat you very nicely. Everyone I have met has been great to work with and very positive. They are open to growth and let you take on new things when there is an opportunity.

Cons

Still feeling their way through the internal setup process. Natural for a new company but some growing pains.

Keep it up.

Base2 Solutions Response

May 27, 2014Senior Recruiter

We are always sad when people leave! Thanks for the great review! If things don't work out where you are... COME BACK!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This company is all about employee satisfaction.

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Base2 Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Base2 puts a lot of effort into making their employees happy. They create an atmosphere that makes you feel supported but also pushes and mentors you in a positive way to further your career. They recruit great people who are very talented and also down-to-earth.

Cons

I have not found any cons of working for this company so far.

A Great Company with Great People

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer  in  Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Base2 Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Base2 has an excellent culture. It is fun ("Vinyl Fridays", holiday parties, summer picnics, family events), collaborative, inclusive, respectful, and emphasizes work-live balance. Base2's product is its people and it treats it's people very well - much better than other companies I've worked for and with. Because Base2 supports a variety of clients and industries, every project is different and presents a unique challenge and an opportunity to learn and grow professionally - life is never boring. I also appreciate that the primary focus on customer satisfaction. Many companies say that but Base2 and it's people truly believe in it.

Cons

Consulting by nature means that you are embedded with the client helping them solve their most challenging problems. Most of your time is at the client site, which can make it harder to stay connected within your own company. Because the company is smaller, the opportunities to move into management roles are somewhat limited. While Base2 tries it's best to fit people with projects they enjoy, it is possible that you may occasionally be assigned to a project outside of your primary interests (the good news is that those projects never last forever).

Operations

I have been working at Base2 Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work life balance - Base2 strongly supports their employee's needs to have a life outside of the work place. There are times when more hours are required to meet deliverables, but it doesn't happen all the time.

Culture - Base2 is very committed to having a culture where people want to work. From the little perks of an office espresso machine and free snacks and sodas, to encouraging social gatherings both in or out of the office. This keeps everyone more connected and people really care about one another.

Accessible management - Base2 doesn't put a big emphasis on titles and upper management is very approachable. I wouldn't hesitate to ask for help from any of the leaders.

Time-off benefits - Base2 recently increased paid vacation time to three weeks per year.

Cons

Base2 is getting bigger and with that comes growing pains such as increasing the infrastructure to accommodate all the new employees, (i.e. expanding office space - which is in the works, review operational processes and adjust as necessary to adapt to the company growth.

Continue to focus on what needs to happen to ensure that Base2 remains such a great place to work.

really smart people doing some complex stuff and enjoying it.

I have been working at Base2 Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Management is very accessible and cares about feedback. People genuinely enjoy each others' company, For those of us in the office, the amenities rock: decor is top-notch, kitchen is fully stocked (three espresso machines! full fridge!) and the vinyl Fridays are the bomb. Efforts made to increase diversity.

Cons

Many folks out on-site and it's hard to help them feel part of our wonderful culture. Offsite events (bowling, movies, picnics) help and there's genuine effort being made to do more of same.

We need to step out of the aerospace industry box and bring those smarts to clients in other industries--they're applicable! This may require some period of being uncomfortable, but that's how you grow.

One of the best places I ever worked

I have been working at Base2 Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, good benefits, good pay!

Cons

The commute sucks sometimes but that is just a given no matter where I work

Keep it up!

An incredible company that genuinely cares about its people.

I have been working at Base2 Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

You get to work with some of the smartest people in technology
    Impressive list of Fortune 500 clients
    Awesome workplace with perks like espresso machine, snacks, lounges, beer and free monthly parking
    Strong culture where employees have fun together and your family is invited to corporate events
    Flat managerial structure creates autonomous and entrepreneurial environment
    It's a consulting firm that doesn't bench employees when they are not working with a client (most consulting companies cut their pay when staff are benched)

Cons

Lots of employees work at the client's office, so internal communication is a challenge.
    Old school accounting system from sister company can be a headache.

Worked for Base2 Solutions? Contribute to the Community!