Bashas' Reviews

Deli Clerk

Current Employee - Deli Clerk  in  Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Deli Clerk in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Bashas' full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This company strives to be a family oriented company. The deli was like a second family. Even friendships with other departments made working there easy, because everyone knew each other.

Cons

Sick time policy was horrible.

It is important to really understand how different departments really operate, from the bottom to the top and give praise to those employees that keep the store running every day.

Loved my job at Bashas!! I am glad they let me have plenty of opportunities for growth.

Former Employee - MERCHANDISNG MANAGER  in  Sahuarita, AZ
    Former Employee - MERCHANDISNG MANAGER in Sahuarita, AZ

I worked at Bashas' full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I was able to gain valuable knowledge. Bashas is a learning enviroment. I was able to advanced quickly and felt appreciated for my work.

Cons

Took time to promote a team atmosphere. Challenges changing old ways/thinking.

Listen to your employees, they know about your customers and can providae valuable input. Listen to the customers opinions, advise, etc.

Ok Company. . .

Former Employee - Customer Service Manager  in  Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Bashas' full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Fun to work at
    good co workers

Cons

Too much family
    lots of dead weight at top

some key people are ruining your business, need better talent, cut the fat

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was just okay. Not something I could do longterm, but a fine job in the interim.

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Cashier in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Bashas' part-time for more than a year

Pros

The job was easy, coworkers were really fun, and most of the management were kind and understanding.

Cons

Not much room for personal growth. The job was a little dull, didn't pay very well, and was hard work being on your feet.

cashier

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Glendale, AZ
    Current Employee - Cashier in Glendale, AZ

I have been working at Bashas' part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

enjoy working and meeting people, my customers make my day.

Cons

management is firing older higher paid workers in order to hire entry level employees at lower pay. employees hours were cut so that we do not qualify for health insurance.

if you take care of your people, they will take care of you. Remember the boss is only as good as his crew allows him to appear.

It was an alright experience

Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Bashas' part-time for more than a year

Pros

The managers are pretty reasonable
    Environment is fast paced
    customers tend to be polite as well

Cons

Managers tend to mess up on the schedule
    Miscommunication often happens

More courtesy clerk on shifts with set duties

Hours are sporadically awful or overwhelming.

Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk  in  Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Bashas' part-time for more than a year

Pros

Some nice people, managers are very agreeable and willing to help change hours or schedule if needed.

Cons

Pushing carts in the summer is not the best experience.

AJ's (Sister-chain)-- Awful place to work

Current Employee - Meat Department  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Meat Department in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Bashas' part-time for more than a year

Pros

The camaraderie you develop between your fellow slaves. Thats about it.

Cons

I am a meat clerk in the "Butcher's Corner". I have been there just about a year now. I could write a book about what an awful position this is. First, the pay. $8.58 an hour with zero benefits in a dying industry where the crusty lifers that have "achieved" full time status literally do not want to teach you anything, as they feel threatened by a guy who will come in and work for peanuts at twice their pace. Second, the "lifers" in general. By this I mean the employees that have been there 15+ years because they can still reap the grandfathered benefits that used to be in place within the company, from pay ceiling to benefits. They do not like any new hires and get their rocks off by running off closers with their constant nitpicking and whining when the fact that they cannot be bothered to teach new employees anything actually bites them in the ass. Next is the expectations laid upon you. I generally work 1-9pm shifts, where I see my manager for maybe an hour before he takes off for the day and I am left with the train wreck of a department that the AM crew left for me. My manager purposely under-schedules the night crew to stack his fellow lifer's hours in the mornings. This leaves me, a guy who barely knows anything about the industry to basically run the department during the dinner rush. Food prep, case presentation and filling, major janitorial duties, customer service-- literally everything is placed on the shoulders of the part time pee-on after 2 in the afternoon. Leave late because you were swamped with zero backup all day, or forget something as petty as leaving a dirty towel under a table? Expect a write-up. The management is a joke and the scheduling borders is by all means best described as 'abusive'. They set you up to fail with ridiculously unrealistic expectations for the sake of seeing what they can get away with not having to do. STAY AWAY!

Get a clue

Good experience

Former Employee - Store Director  in  Thatcher, AZ
    Former Employee - Store Director in Thatcher, AZ

I worked at Bashas' full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good atmosphere, frendly employees, fast pace and meet alot of new people(customers)

Cons

Long hours, always on a register, always dealing with personnel issues and no career advancement opportunities past the store level.

Start giving consistant cost of living raises again and bring back some of the management incitive bonuses.

Fair and caring family owned company

Current Employee - Department Manager
    Current Employee - Department Manager

I have been working at Bashas' full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have enjoyed working for Bashas and have been given the opportunity for a successful career. They encourage community service and are strong in the communities they serve.

Cons

Some financial struggles with the bankruptcy were difficult to handle. Also hard to keep morale high with uncertainties.

Keep full time options open in skilled positions. It is hard to be the leader without deep knowledge in this industry.

Worked for Bashas'? Contribute to the Community!