Bass Pro Shops

www.basspro.com

Bass Pro Shops Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2014
Bass Pro Shops – Saint Charles – “Bass Pro Shops”

Bass Pro Shops President and COO Jim Hagale

Jim Hagale

Pros
  • The staff is friendly, work well with your availability and you get a great discount(in 15 reviews)

• Employee Discount very generous, being around my favorite hobbies(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management at this store frequently engages in intimidation tactics to get its way(in 17 reviews)

• Doesn't matter how hard you work, you will l get the same yearly increase as everyone else(in 9 reviews)

I love this store, it just needs a little emf and some more love!

Customer Relations (Current Employee) Auburn Hills, MI

ProsYou get a great discount
    Make a lot of friends
    Meet great people
    Ability to move up
    Pretty good management
    Sometimes you have fun

ConsThere are a lot of things that the store needs and can't get.
    Some employees are lazy which makes them hard to get along with
    People don't talk to each other enough in the store, everyone kind of keeps to their department
    Work a lot of odd hours, night, and you will work almost every weekend.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open with your employees so we can feel safe going to you to talk
    Make a good name out of bass pro by making our store more show able
    Update the system! (Computers, GET KEY PADS, new radios) just fix stuff when it needs to be fixed!!!

Alot of fun.

Front End Lead (Current Employee) Kodak, TN

ProsHave fun with my job.

ConsRetail hours could be the same throughout the company.

Advice to Senior Management9 til 9 monday thru saturday, 10 til 7 sunday. Every store,, happier employees.

Great place to work for and always friendly staff!

Customer Service (Former Employee) Columbia, MO

ProsVery easy to work with scheduling, especially for students. The mangers are always considerate and they always make sure you are trained well before throwing you into the mix.

ConsEvery place has a bad seed at some point, but otherwise I never really had any issues at all.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A Unique Environment

ProsGreat place to work for outdoorsperson. All about great customer service. Friendly associates and great associate recognition program by their HR Department.

ConsPay and benefits are deplorable add that to the rotten customers it attracts and Bass Pro takes a big hit on the overall rating.

Good company

Tracker Marine Financial Services (Current Employee) Springfield, MO

ProsGreat Employer. Perks. Good insurance. Paid holidays. Discounts a the store and restaurants. Corporate cafeteria- a good one. Clearwater café; check it out on Yelp! Lots of extracurricular opportunities to promote/be a part of the community sponsored by the company. Good values and good corporate moral compass. This is one of the better companies in the area to work for.

ConsA state wide comparison shows that Springfield has the lowest wages of all major metropolitan areas in Missouri. Cost of living is not too unreasonable here though.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive me a raise:-)

Decent pay for the area, unpredictable hours

Banquet Cook (Former Employee) Springfield, MO

ProsFor a cook in the area the pay is pretty decent

Consone week 12 hours the next 50 hours. Even if you request off officially 2 weeks in advance you won't get it if there is a banquet that day. schedule is posted one day before the next week starts.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive people more advance notice on the schedule, people have lives outside of Bass Pro Shops

Cotton Division Agriculture

Retail Consolidation (Former Employee) Macon, GA

ProsThe best seasonal job a person can have because the pay is great and the hours are flexible. It's cleaned and you get paid for sick leave.

ConsYou might have to work overtime without any warning.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the good.work up!

The most entertaining job I have ever had. Since it's an attraction destination, you never know what is going to happen

ProsEmployee discounts on merchandise.

ConsLow pay and constant standing.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should make sure employees get their breaks since they are required to stand the whole shift and increase salaries. Consider giving sales associates a small commission on items they sell and that could boost morale and encourage more productivity.

Two-faced Management

Video Department (Former Employee) Springfield, MO

ProsDiscounts. Most junior associates have great intentions and good hearts.

ConsManagement is thick-headed and thin-skinned. Archaic systems. Old-school thinking combined with robotic ritual.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't fear innovation or thinking outside your small box.

Sales Associate/Marine Department

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Prosperfect for college/high school student
    flexible hours

Consdead end
    only managers are salaried

Advice to Senior Managementincrease turnover

Worked for Bass Pro Shops? Contribute to the Community!