Bass Underwriters

Updated August 2, 2014
Updated August 2, 2014
2.7

CEO

Great opportunities, too much office politics.

Current Employee - Underwriting Assistant
    Current Employee - Underwriting Assistant

I have been working at Bass Underwriters full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work environment, lenient hours, manageable work load. The people you work work usually understand what you're going thorough since they've gone through it themselves. You can build a good book of business if you know the right markets to tap.

Cons

Too much office politics from the higher ups. Always pushing their own personal agenda instead of what's good for the company. A lot of decisions that are made from the executives for the company are decided from an emotional stand point, not a professional one. Company is run like you're in the military.

Pay your employee's what their worth. Invest in your employees, not just pocketing the money for yourselves.

Great place to work if you are in the Inner Circle

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Plantation, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

I worked at Bass Underwriters full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work/life balance, laid back atmosphere

Cons

lack of communication at times, sometimes too laid back ends up promoting mediocrity, family members and friends of upper management have priority

communicate expectations and issues more clearly

Work hard and then you will learn while on the job. Upper level management is positive and full of experience.

Current Employee - Underwriting Assistant  in  Mobile, AL
    Current Employee - Underwriting Assistant in Mobile, AL

I have been working at Bass Underwriters full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great atmosphere. They want to expand their business through organic growth. Great people to work for.

Cons

They need to make improvements on the BOL side. Once we are past that life will be easy for underwriters and the entire company.

Need to have better training for entry level positions

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Management is deceitful, manipulative and arrogant.

Former Employee - Underwriting Assistant  in  Plantation, FL
    Former Employee - Underwriting Assistant in Plantation, FL

I worked at Bass Underwriters full-time for more than a year

Pros

You will quickly realize it is not a good place to work.

Cons

Everything is done poorly. Management is always scheming. They are dishonest, arrogant and do not care about their employees. They are very poor communicators and do it purposely to maintain control. They will lie to you to make themselves look better. All transactions are for their benefit whether they hurt you or not. They will use and abuse you and try very hard to avoid paying you accordingly. They will fire you for no reason, if they just feel like it that day they will cut you loose. People speak very badly about each other and there is not a sense of team work. At first you will be misled to think it is a positive work environment but you will quickly learn there is a lot of unfair conduct and favoritism behind the scenes. A lot of people are friends and or family and those people are treated better and their jobs are secure. You could be doing a great job, but if one of the partners is In a bad mood or you don't pay enough attention to him, especially if you are a woman, he will fire you. There is deceit, favoritism, and nepotism. They hide behind their religion and are a terrible example of Christianity. God is not pleased with their wicked representation. People their claw their way to the top and do many other things to get there. I hope they are proud of their wicked ways. They will have to answer to God at the judgement seat someday. But I would not lower my standards or biblical morals to feed their egos and therefore I no longer work there. It disgusts me.

Stop being dishonest, deceitful and wicked towards the employees you pretend to care about. Stop preaching the word of God and not practicing it towards the individuals you employ. Treat your employees better and actually pay them what they deserve. Give those who perform at a high level the recognition they deserve and make there job secure. Stope higher people from your church and family members if you can't treat everyone equally and objectively.

Greatly Underpaid

I worked at Bass Underwriters full-time

Pros

At least it's a job.

Cons

Over worked and under paid. Unless you are in management or are an underwriter, don't expect much. Very political

Get off your butt and increase salary

Marketing Sales

Current Employee - Marketing Sales  in  Plantation, FL
    Current Employee - Marketing Sales in Plantation, FL

I have been working at Bass Underwriters full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

its a job and will pay the bills and probably give you some experience

Cons

The company is owned by 5 owners and one Silent partner who owns hirequest, everyone that works for this company is Family related to one of the partners so there is no room for advancement. For a company worth 250 Million dollars its very disorganized and the Technology is very old and frustrating. Don’t expect to move up in this company. Stay there for a year or six months get the experience and then move on. Run away from this company, go work for a big Corporation and not a Mom and Pop operation like this one.

Don't hire your family members and try to spend some money on Technology and treat your employees better

They have a mom and pop feeling within the company but due to its size, it hurts the company's and personnel's growth

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Plantation, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

I worked at Bass Underwriters

Pros

Don't have a problem with vacations time
    Celebrate a lot of holidays with dinners and lunches
    Promotions are good in the beginning
    Very casual dress code

Cons

Heavy in nepotism
    Promotions and raises slow down after a couple of year
    Executives have their heart in the right place but not their brains
    Unless underwriter or upper management, salaries tend to be a bit low

Great! Good people, decent work, if I had to entry-level all over again I would do it again.

I worked at Bass Underwriters

Pros

Great Benefits, Friendly Christian atmosphere, work flexibility, company always up to date on the latest technology, lots of trainings, really cool people, Great career starter.

Cons

Very flat hiearchical structure, very hard to move up past an entry level position, salary is a bit lower than maket average.

Great job guys the only thing I would suggest is pay people market wages and cut out the political party culture in the office. The intense Republicanism permeated the air. I felt that if I ever announced that I was a Democrat that I would be instantly assassinated.

Worked for Bass Underwriters? Contribute to the Community!