Bass Underwriters

Bass Underwriters Reviews

Updated May 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great place to work if you are in the Inner Circle

Plantation, FL

ProsGood work/life balance, laid back atmosphere

Conslack of communication at times, sometimes too laid back ends up promoting mediocrity, family members and friends of upper management have priority

Advice to Senior Managementcommunicate expectations and issues more clearly

Work hard and then you will learn while on the job. Upper level management is positive and full of experience.

Underwriting Assistant (Current Employee)
    Mobile, AL

ProsGreat atmosphere. They want to expand their business through organic growth. Great people to work for.

ConsThey need to make improvements on the BOL side. Once we are past that life will be easy for underwriters and the entire company.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to have better training for entry level positions

Management is deceitful, manipulative and arrogant.

Underwriting Assistant (Former Employee)
    Plantation, FL

ProsYou will quickly realize it is not a good place to work.

ConsEverything is done poorly. Management is always scheming. They are dishonest, arrogant and do not care about their employees. They are very poor communicators and do it purposely to maintain control. They will lie to you to make themselves look better. All transactions are for their benefit whether they hurt you or not. They will use and abuse you and try very hard to avoid paying you accordingly. They will fire you for no reason, if they just feel like it that day they will cut you loose. People speak very badly about each other and there is not a sense of team work. At first you will be misled to think it is a positive work environment but you will quickly learn there is a lot of unfair conduct and favoritism behind the scenes. A lot of people are friends and or family and those people are treated better and their jobs are secure. You could be doing a great job, but if one of the partners is In a bad mood or you don't pay enough attention to him, especially if you are a woman, he will fire you. There is deceit, favoritism, and nepotism. They hide behind their religion and are a terrible example of Christianity. God is not pleased with their wicked representation. People their claw their way to the top and do many other things to get there. I hope they are proud of their wicked ways. They will have to answer to God at the judgement seat someday. But I would not lower my standards or biblical morals to feed their egos and therefore I no longer work there. It disgusts me.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being dishonest, deceitful and wicked towards the employees you pretend to care about. Stop preaching the word of God and not practicing it towards the individuals you employ. Treat your employees better and actually pay them what they deserve. Give those who perform at a high level the recognition they deserve and make there job secure. Stope higher people from your church and family members if you can't treat everyone equally and objectively.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Greatly Underpaid

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAt least it's a job.

ConsOver worked and under paid. Unless you are in management or are an underwriter, don't expect much. Very political

Advice to Senior ManagementGet off your butt and increase salary

Marketing Sales

Marketing Sales (Current Employee)
    Plantation, FL

Prosits a job and will pay the bills and probably give you some experience

ConsThe company is owned by 5 owners and one Silent partner who owns hirequest, everyone that works for this company is Family related to one of the partners so there is no room for advancement. For a company worth 250 Million dollars its very disorganized and the Technology is very old and frustrating. Don’t expect to move up in this company. Stay there for a year or six months get the experience and then move on. Run away from this company, go work for a big Corporation and not a Mom and Pop operation like this one.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't hire your family members and try to spend some money on Technology and treat your employees better

They have a mom and pop feeling within the company but due to its size, it hurts the company's and personnel's growth

Plantation, FL

ProsDon't have a problem with vacations time
    Celebrate a lot of holidays with dinners and lunches
    Promotions are good in the beginning
    Very casual dress code

ConsHeavy in nepotism
    Promotions and raises slow down after a couple of year
    Executives have their heart in the right place but not their brains
    Unless underwriter or upper management, salaries tend to be a bit low

Great! Good people, decent work, if I had to entry-level all over again I would do it again.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat Benefits, Friendly Christian atmosphere, work flexibility, company always up to date on the latest technology, lots of trainings, really cool people, Great career starter.

ConsVery flat hiearchical structure, very hard to move up past an entry level position, salary is a bit lower than maket average.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat job guys the only thing I would suggest is pay people market wages and cut out the political party culture in the office. The intense Republicanism permeated the air. I felt that if I ever announced that I was a Democrat that I would be instantly assassinated.

Worked for Bass Underwriters? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bass Underwriters reviews and ratings. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Bass Underwriters employees.