Bassett Furniture Reviews

Updated August 4, 2014
Updated August 4, 2014

3.3

Bassett Furniture President, CEO, and Director Rob Spilman Jr.
Rob Spilman Jr.

Current Design Consultant

I have been working at Bassett Furniture full-time

Pros

Good Product, good pay, good benefits.

Cons

Not too many to list.

Horrible Corrupt management

Former Employee - Design Sales Consultant  in  Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Design Sales Consultant in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Bassett Furniture full-time for more than a year

Pros

The last review was a fake!! avoid this place at all cost it isn't a corporate location and they will fire you for no reason.

Cons

Good pay and the management is DRAMA...Work at Mathis this place is horrific

Stop the Drama

For the most part I enjoyed working at Bassett especially the relationships I formed while there.

Former Employee - CERTIFIED DESIGN CONSULTANT  in  Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - CERTIFIED DESIGN CONSULTANT in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at Bassett Furniture full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This position is commission based and gives you the opportunity to earn uncapped income.

Cons

The biggest con is rule that if you are unable to make your sales quota for three consecutive months its an automatic termination.

I would encourage upper management to care more for their employees.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ground floor of a century-old company

I have been working at Bassett Furniture full-time

Pros

Great opportunities for growth and success. Good product, solid marketing, easy to sell. Training is available both from the team and online, with continuous updates so we have all the information we need.

Cons

In a commission based environment, there is not as much consistency when you first start. It takes a while to build a book of business. Work/life balance is difficult, since working weekends and holidays is essential.

Rewarding Career

Current Employee - Design Sales Consultant  in  Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Design Sales Consultant in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Bassett Furniture full-time for more than a year

Pros

Training is in line with current design trends and styles.
    Tools include up-to-date room planning programs, upholstery dressing programs, and pricing schedules.
    There is very little back-biting or tension between designers or sales reps. Friendly environment.
    Management listens and responds to questions and needs. If you need a day off for personal business, it is granted, and your manager steps in to fill your position.
    Commissions are paid promptly twice per month (on what is sold, NOT delivered. YEA!)

Cons

weekends, but hey, we all know retail requires it, because that's when most clients can visit as husband and wife.

office supplies are expensive, but please... give me a highlighter.

I learned a lot at this company and they have great products that people love

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at Bassett Furniture part-time for more than a year

Pros

I learned a lot and got to know the staff really well, we were a great team. the quality of the product really made the job easier

Cons

outdated lengthy processes for paperwork and basic CRM. the checkout procedure is ridiculous which made customers agitated at times. customer service in atlanta needs to be renewed-staff-wise.

just for a paycheck

Current Employee - Design Coordinator  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Design Coordinator in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Bassett Furniture full-time for more than a year

Pros

Discounts on furniture, a ton of time to socialize

Cons

slow days with little to do to stay busy, commission created backstabbing from coworkers, everyone had to work all weekends.

more flexible schedules, with a rotated weekend off.

Design sales consultant

Current Employee - CERTIFIED DESIGN CONSULTANT  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - CERTIFIED DESIGN CONSULTANT in Austin, TX

I have been working at Bassett Furniture full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great company with secure foundation. Extremely professional management. Salary is up to you, work hard and you can make 70k per year, they give you the tools and training to be a success.

Cons

Like all retail, you must work all weekends.

Keep up the good work. The company is always improving and expanding its services as well as it's product. Great training, understands that if consultants are a success the company is a success. Consider closing on Sundays and I would be happy to work a six day week.

Dead End

Current Employee - Customer Service
    Current Employee - Customer Service

I have been working at Bassett Furniture full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Family atmosphere. Casual work environment.

Cons

No raises. NONE. Store staff and customers with HORRIBLE attitudes. Incompetent management on the store level to train their Admins on warranty information instead of automatically transferring a call. They claim "team work" and it's not.. It's always the store against Customer Service and the fact some DCs are even whining at all is comical. Customer Service is everyone's least favorite and most hated. Bottom line. No DC has ever been treated and dealt with what ONE Customer Service Rep deals with in this company DAILY. And the pay is CRAP. No incentive stay whatsoever. Yet the company expects you to raise a family on the hourly rate. No opportunity for advancement. Warehouse management flying off the handle with attitudes when you call for a CPU because the manager you prefer to call isn't answering. Uncomfortable conversations about other co-workers screwing up on the job, or notorious for call-outs that they refuse to fire but vent to you as though you're another manager. Did I mention no raises ever?
    CRAPPY HORRIBLE PRODUCT!! It's imported and it's CRAAAAP! It's backed by a ridiculous 1 year manufacture warranty and the fabric (unless you get the Robert Allen fabric) DOES.. NOT.. LAST. The leather hides are horrendous. The wood is NOT wood. When parts are ordered, the factory reps will send the wrong part (even when you send photos of what you need and they agree they have it!), the only thing I would ever buy from Bassett are mattress sets and wall art because that's not something they get wrong.
    They add responsibilities with no compensation as they see fit. You're expected to complete every task every day and live pay check to pay check supporting a family. This company is ludicrous! Do not waste your time!

You need to consult with your Customer Service Reps better. Stop criticizing if you don't even offer training classes to help in certain situations. How can you hope to improve the department that is this companies back bone if you offer no way of improvements!? Stop.. Taking.. The ... Store... Side... On... Every... Issue.
    Train your DCs to communicate with a customer after the customer makes the purchase! No notes in the order after the purchase and prior to scheduling a delivery is UNACCEPTABLE.
    Oh and above all, STOP BEING STINGY AND GIVE THE RAISES! Don't underestimate your employees by thinking we are unaware that upper management still gets their bonuses!

Design Consultant

Current Employee - Design Consultant  in  Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Design Consultant in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Bassett Furniture full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice way to be able to use your design talents and aspirations in a positive way and make money at the same time.

Cons

hours... as any retail establishment

none

Worked for Bassett Furniture? Contribute to the Community!