Bath Fitter

Updated September 14, 2014
Updated September 14, 2014
2.4

Regis Rehel

Pros
  • Great product with great installers (in 4 reviews)

• company provided vehicle, training, PTO (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • I haven't received a review in 7 1/2 years (in 3 reviews)

• Each installer is only given 2 to 3 jobs per week, which translates into an earning potential of around 34,000 thousand per year (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Good Company

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Bath Fitter full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Freedom. Always supported. Good pay no matter what position.
    Info from reviews that stated negative info should be taken with a grain of salt. The one about raises is mostly is false. Raises are not given often but the starting pay is high. Installers and consultants are commission only employees thus do make more when prices go up. HOWEVER, they didnt mention that prices rarely go up and if they have to price match to get the work then the commission amount is lower and thus they make less. Not to mention all the days the installers dont have work and consultants dont have leads at all, therefore those days those employees dont make any money at all.

Each branch is different and the bad reviews are not true for most. The ceo of corporate was terminated and the owner has taken over leadership so there will be a lot of changes coming im sure. Good ones.

Cons

Same as any job. Every job has bad stuff.

IT&S

Current Employee - IT&S  in  Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - IT&S in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Bath Fitter full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a job and pays the bills

Cons

Only worries about the bottom line and not the job the employee does

Take care of the employee and your employee will take care of you.

Sales Associate

I worked at Bath Fitter part-time

Pros

Lots of work during the State fair season and fairs throughout the year.

Cons

Always pushed to get leads at every event you attend. Come empty handed and you won't get as many hours.

Work with new employees more to develop their skills as sales representatives so as to not pressure customers.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Before and after corporate takeover

Former Employee - Installation Supervisor  in  West Bridgewater, MA
    Former Employee - Installation Supervisor in West Bridgewater, MA

I worked at Bath Fitter full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The employees are good at what they do and get along great.

Cons

Going from a privately owned franchise (approx. 20 employees) to one of thousands, I was lost in the abyss of a Human Resource department 800 miles away following a surgery only weeks after take over.

When taking over/absorbing a franchise of people who have been there for years, you should remember that they have been there for YEARS. It appears that a surgical procedure that I had scheduled before corporate took over wasn't to be covered by the new insurance, so I not only lost my job but all medical bills have not been grandfathered in as promised.

The absolute worst sales position I have ever experienced

Former Employee - Sales  in  Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Sales in Richmond, VA

I worked at Bath Fitter full-time for less than a year

Pros

Manager tried his best to encourage us, the training was good, the product was good. It definately will prepare you for a reputable company that appreciates your efforts.

Cons

You could tell after a couple of weeks after starting appointments were not qualified at all, for the most part we would go to low income areas without the means to purchase product, 2-3 hour trips one way to 1 appointment to find no one home, or we're told we are in the area, a lot of times we were told they did not set appointment (they called and person would not commit to set, but we were sent anyway). They also find excuses to delay money owed to you. We would attend meetings with sales reps from other locations and for the most part you would hear the same stories. They will over hire reps knowing there will not be enough leads for every one, which takes all of the excitement away of hoping things will improve. If you like driving a lot, visiting single wide trailers, going into high unemployed and depressed areas this would be a great opportunity. I saw many times over you could have a good week then it would go flat for no apparent reason. Lead setters obviously get paid if someone justs answers the door, and they have little respect for the sales force. Your are forced to take a hard core sales approach just to try to make a sale, just to try to keep you percentages respectable. They do not listen to any suggestions you may have since your immediate manager has very little to do with corporate. All the sales reps got along great, but is was hard watching each other getting more and more discouraged day by day either by going broke or the wear and tear of driving 350-400 miles a day for nothing.

Nothing can be said because they are closed minded, upper management is all about themselves and the few followers too scared to share real opinions to help everyone be successful.

I have much more respect for former employers prior to Bath Fitter

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Bath Fitter full-time for less than a year

Pros

Brushing up on your driving skills and making the oil companies more profitable. Training will prepare you for a professional sales organization that appreciates the efforts of your commitment to succeed and stay on top of the current trends

Cons

No respect given unless you can be programmed into a outdated tin man sales tactic from the past. The revolving door going into the office was wearing out making it difficult to enter the office

It's 2014

Little or no regard for the employee

I worked at Bath Fitter full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Work/ life balance was ok. Company was very supportive / flexible in allowing me to pursue my BS Degree.

Cons

I had been with the company since 2006. I recently resigned for the following reasons: I haven't received a raise in pay in 7 1/2 years! I haven't received a review in 7 1/2 years! Why? Because the company would be hard pressed in justifying no raise with a good review! How clever! Two + years ago, our office took an across the board minimum 5% pay cut, and matching 401K contributions stopped, and at the end of last year, I opted out of our company sponsored health insurance program because of the outrageous premiums. In the beginning of this year, I was informed that my salary would go up 6%. How generous! Remember, I took a 5% cut in pay two years ago, no raise in 7 1/2 years, so in my limited mathematical ability, this figures out to be a 1% net raise! How dare they insult me! Not to mention, as I stated earlier, I stopped my insurance which allowed them not to pay for MY enrollment. HUNDREDS of more dollars for themselves. And one more point....the sales consultants and technicians pay is based on commission. Therefore, whenever Bath Fitter had an increase in their product cost, the consultants and technicians had an AUTOMATIC increase in their pay! They weren't doing any more work! Is this how to treat an employee who was with the company for 8 + years! I think not.

My advise to upper management is to show appreciation for employee loyalty, longevity, and dedication. Don't just provide lip service by saying "we appreciate you"; don't subtly discriminate amongst employees! Share in the wealth! I was with you in the bad times, and helped bring you into the better times.

Amateur Hour. Experience will vary branch-to-branch

Former Employee - Outside Event Manager
    Former Employee - Outside Event Manager

I worked at Bath Fitter full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Coworkers were, for the most part, honest, hard-working people. Branch manager did have a decent mindset for customer service.

Cons

Depending on the franchise/location, experience will vary. No room for advancement, low pay, little respect or consideration. Made to feel guilty for requesting weekend off once or twice a year (you work EVERY weekend). Every problem in the company becomes your fault because you didn't produce enough leads that weekend. Management is clueless how to change things or motivate people.

Move your marketing into the modern age.

It seem to be the same person in Management, when it comes to the shows not good at all the one most things is the lies

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Bath Fitter part-time for less than a year

Pros

The product can sell it self

Cons

Deal in with stand for 8 hr however I am in agreement with everyone on this sight

If you want to meet people, go for it. If you want security, stay away.

Former Employee - Anonymous  in  Etters, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Etters, PA

I worked at Bath Fitter full-time for less than a year

Pros

I enjoyed the people. If I have to say that first, there's not much else to say. I liked people. They were genuine, hard working people. However, there's not much else for you there.

Cons

They stuck you in a new, tiny cubicle everyday. Every move you made was monitored. And every single word you said, even when they aren't recording. They herded us in and out like cattle. Plus, they let people go that were there a week and they let go that worked there for years.

Stop the favoritism please. If people were treated like equals and were all given the same opportunity to succeed, this place would be better. But it's sad to see the same people getting the special opportunities day in and out.

Worked for Bath Fitter? Contribute to the Community!