Bath & Body Works

Bath & Body Works Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Bath & Body Works CEO Nick Coe

Nick Coe

Pros:
  • "They give free products for employees to try and improve product knowledge"
    in 60 reviews
  • "Great Products - you'll get a lot of free samples"
    in 57 reviews
Cons:
  • "Call in shifts (What an abusive tactic) I have seen employees have nothing but"
    in 115 reviews
  • "Work-life balance and personal growth can be a struggle"
    in 32 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good part time job with great discounts; however, there is immense stress on reaching sales goals.

Sales Leader (Former Employee)
    Reynoldsburg, OH

ProsGreat people to work with , many opportunities to work up in the company.

ConsWork life balance is almost non-existent, especially when you reach management levels. As a sales associate you are asked to do an extraordinary amount of work for the small hourly wage you are given.

Advice to Senior ManagementNurture good employees to feel empowered and want to be great so they will help create the greatest customer experiences. Reward those employees that are going above and beyond

Fun and Frustrating

Operational Lead and Sales Associate (Current Employee)

ProsYour coworkers can become your best friends. At a store level you become very connected with the people you are working with day in and out even if you are just part time. Management tried to keep things fun and upbeat. Face paced environment around holidays and Christmas can be a blast to work through. There are times when you will want nothing more than to be at the store. Whether that is to be with with coworkers talking or helping the store to succeed in some way.

ConsThe company at the corporate side needs to slow down and think through some of its decisions. Changing sales and promotions on a dimes notice is not good for the customers or on the associates who have to go through the work to rearrange everything. They ask for a lot out of associates who are only paid a little above minimum wage. It becomes very frustrating to but a lot of work into a project to find out the next day an update was sent across that means that project is to be changes or taken down completely.
    Around the holidays management needs to take more time to find associates who will be right for the job. There is too much chaos that happens when there is little to no training done for holiday employees which only causes more problems down the road.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease salaries for associates. I know how much upper management is making. It is not fair to ask certain associates to do the job of a manager but still only get paid minimum wage or a dollar above it.
    Invest the time to train your associates if you want them to be at the level you are asking. It will not just magically happen some day. Associates need to be trained properly for proper results.

Loved every second

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)
    Sanford, NC

ProsFun atmosphere to work, I loved the products. It was always so bright and beautiful. The company is friendly, amazing, and really takes care of their customers

ConsIt was very demanding and stressful.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's less about the legendary experience, I don't enjoy going back because I feel like the customer is ignored and forgotten instead of engaged and assisted.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Novi, MI

ProsFlexible schedules for someone seeking part time employment. They love to give away "gratis" of freebies to the associates..which is GREAT!

ConsSometimes hard to keep up with all the wonderful new products, and scents

Great Company

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Jacksonville, FL

ProsEveryone that works here is very friendly and dedicated to the bath and body works products. The limited brand company is focused on knowing your customer and prides itself on customer service which I think is a great outlook and goal for any company to have. It's not like typical retail where they care more about selling credit cards and getting through the day rather than smiling and taking care of customers.

I was a part time employee and it was very easy for me to transfer to another city for college.

ConsIf you are a part time employee you will be on-call a lot which may seem pretty inconvenient. I've worked a 2 different locations- one was amazing and let me come back seasonally for holidays when I wasn't off at college and they'd give me a ton of hours. The other store only gave me on call shifts and all the managers were very rude. So it really is hit or miss with the store you are working at.

I was always on the floor greeting customers and helping. It can get very boring so try to be on register most of your shifts.

Advice to Senior Managementteach employees how to do register thoroughly. The training process should be more extensive to know what all the different products are before you jump right into working. Product knowledge is key!

Good Part Time Job

Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Kansas City, MO

ProsIt's great finding out about new products before anyone else does. The discount is good. Same company as Victoria's Secret, so you get a discount there, too. Friendly employees. The paid training is cool. Overall, no complaints.

ConsA lot of people don't like to give their email, phone number, etc... A question we always had to ask. Expectations of managers by those above is extreme. Doing floor sets until sometimes 3:00 a.m. is not fun.

Best job I've ever had!!

Co-Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThe people, by and large, are the best sort to work with. Everyone is always cheerful, friendly, and hardworking. The company has excellent values and they form the foundation for everything. The associates are trained in an interactive way so they can learn as much as possible. After this they are coached in a guiding manner so they can discover the answers for themselves and come up with their own solutions.

ConsHours are limited until you make it into management. Floorsets bring late but necessary hours. The company gives you a lot of resources, but I think the expectations still outweigh what you are given to work with. It's hard work for sure, but incredibly rewarding.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is way to much marketing to keep organized. More frequent pitch lists and a better organization method would be incredibly helpful not to mention a time saver. Once a marketing room gets even a little disorganized it can take hours to find the marketing called for in the updates.

Hectic holidays season retail but I knew what I was getting into!

Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Reynoldsburg, OH

ProsThe other employees tend to be fun! So in the midst if the work, you enjoy your shift. You get to try all the scents! And smell delicious at all times.

ConsYou buy way too much! Inventory in the back is crazy! They change floor plans dates at a minute notice and that can mean unexpected late weekday nights. You have to be prepared for the holiday and semi annual rush. Be comfortable with the long lines and crowded aisles. :)

Advice to Senior ManagementMy only advice is to be clear and have a standing floor set schedule.

Great Company, fun work environment

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Douglasville, GA

ProsA good bit of free perks, completions to win prizes or parties, comfortable environment and great products, flexible with scheduling for the most part

ConsWork over scheduled shift, sometimes a bit chaotic with shipments of product and disorganized at times, hours are not certain (could go one week with 8 hours and the next with 30)

Loved the atmosphere

Floor Associate (Former Employee)
    Warren, MI

ProsFriendly coworkers, great enviornment, free products, for the most part slow-paced and low stress. If work an 8 he shift, get 1 15 min break paid and a lunch break 1/2 hr unpaid

ConsVery few hours, strange 'call-in' shifts where you call in an hour before your shift would start to see if you are working, on Black Friday worked an over night shift for stock and then had a very early shift the next morning.

Advice to Senior ManagementDefinitely need to add more hours

Worked for Bath & Body Works? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bath & Body Works reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bath & Body Works CEO Nick Coe. All 911 reviews posted anonymously by Bath & Body Works employees.