Bath & Body Works

Bath & Body Works Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Bath & Body Works CEO Nick Coe

Nick Coe

Pros
  • They give free products for employees to try and improve product knowledge(in 60 reviews)

• Great Products - you'll get a lot of free samples(in 59 reviews)

Cons
  • Call in shifts (What an abusive tactic) I have seen employees have nothing but(in 122 reviews)

• Work life balance is almost non-existent, especially when you reach management levels(in 35 reviews)

Not a fun place to work, they force you to be way too pushy

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEmployee discount and gratis and you're always the first to know about big sales so first pick of good products. Always smell good at work.

ConsThey expect you to be a robot and kill yourself doing constant stock and moving and lifting and climbing ladders that aren't secure or safe. They don't allow you to spend more than a minute or two with any customers or they will bust in and excuse you from the situation. Would have been a fun place to work but management was awful.

Advice to Senior ManagementRelax and listen to employees about their ideas and stop micromanaging.

Great company if you like constant changes in expectations and no promotions.

Co-Manager (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsGood pay, good dress code.

ConsConstantly changing expectations if they are even communicated before you fail to meet them.

Great Brand

ProsGreat Brand, positive atmosphere, good benefits

ConsManagement only get 1 weekend off a month and none in nov and december.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

You Now Have No Life, No Sleep, and No Money!

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Forest Hills, NY

ProsThe people you're going to work with, especially your managers, will be lovely. Co-workers are also lovely. It's never really boring, and you're constantly meeting new people in the form of customers. It's fast-paced and usually fun. When the store is open that is....

ConsI am absolutely fed up with the cons of this place. During my first two weeks I had great hours. Then, it all changed. All I do is close. And there are constantly changes to the floor set designs and sales that require the team to stay for hours over our scheduled time and this is considered common place. Also, there's no overtime for that. Some people stayed in the store until 4:30 AM setting up for the next day, just to come in again at 10 AM the next day, still only getting paid a dollar or so over minimum wage, They work you like an absolute dog. Now, after all those closings that I had to do, I worked once last week until two hours after closing just to have not ONE hour this whole week. Absolute nonsense.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust stop being out of your mind.

Great Job, Bad Hours

Floor Associate (Former Employee) Carlisle, PA

ProsThe work is fun, enjoyable, and relatively straightforward. Most people have a good attitude, although some drama does exist.

ConsGetting hours once you first start is nearly impossible. They'll schedule you for "call-ins" only, and then they never need you. You have to really push to get solid shifts.

Fun and Frustrating

Operational Lead and Sales Associate (Current Employee)

ProsYour coworkers can become your best friends. At a store level you become very connected with the people you are working with day in and out even if you are just part time. Management tried to keep things fun and upbeat. Face paced environment around holidays and Christmas can be a blast to work through. There are times when you will want nothing more than to be at the store. Whether that is to be with with coworkers talking or helping the store to succeed in some way.

ConsThe company at the corporate side needs to slow down and think through some of its decisions. Changing sales and promotions on a dimes notice is not good for the customers or on the associates who have to go through the work to rearrange everything. They ask for a lot out of associates who are only paid a little above minimum wage. It becomes very frustrating to but a lot of work into a project to find out the next day an update was sent across that means that project is to be changes or taken down completely.
    Around the holidays management needs to take more time to find associates who will be right for the job. There is too much chaos that happens when there is little to no training done for holiday employees which only causes more problems down the road.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease salaries for associates. I know how much upper management is making. It is not fair to ask certain associates to do the job of a manager but still only get paid minimum wage or a dollar above it.
    Invest the time to train your associates if you want them to be at the level you are asking. It will not just magically happen some day. Associates need to be trained properly for proper results.

Good job, best as an on the side job!

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Olathe, KS

Prosfun and friendly work environment, it really helped me develop and stretch my social skills, fairly easy work but still purposeful, fun management, no commission pressure, allows for learning about sales, ability to move up

Consthe hours can be very unpredictable: one week I worked almost every day and the next only one day, sometimes it is a little unorganized and rushed,

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider an alternative to "call-in" shifts as they cause instability for the employee and are not very conducive for working two jobs.

Great Company

Co-Manager (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsGreat opportunities, great benefits, if you love the product and people youll love the job

Consretail hours, but that's what I signed up for!

My experience was wonderful!

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Albany, NY

ProsEveryone that I worked with was very kind and knowledgable about the products and their jobs

ConsI didn't feel like there was any cons. For a retail job the store polices and rules were very reasonable

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Loved every second

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Sanford, NC

ProsFun atmosphere to work, I loved the products. It was always so bright and beautiful. The company is friendly, amazing, and really takes care of their customers

ConsIt was very demanding and stressful.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's less about the legendary experience, I don't enjoy going back because I feel like the customer is ignored and forgotten instead of engaged and assisted.

Worked for Bath & Body Works? Contribute to the Community!