Bath & Body Works Reviews

1. An okay retail job

Former Employee - Part-Time Sales Associate in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Part-Time Sales Associate in Dallas, TX

I worked at Bath & Body Works part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers, got a fair share of gratis, quality products, and overall friendly customers. Coworkers mad the job fun, even during stressful times like Black Friday and all around Christmas.

Cons

Floorsets are ridiculous. Working from 10pm-6am with no additional pay should be illegal.
    Rarely used employee discount. The coupons given to customers are better. Management hires an influx of new employees around the holiday season, which greatly reduces everyone's hours. Management focuses entirely on sales and making "segments" so they can get their bonuses.

Advice to Management

Don't make associates give "hand massages." Some people aren't comfortable touching others, and that's okay. Try not to focus so much on making your segments and focus more on keeping the customer happy.

Tough place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Bath & Body Works part-time (less than a year)

Pros

They give flexible hours based on your availability and there are some gratis items you can earn by doing demos.

Cons

Home life is hard to maintain with the requirements of this job. Managers tend to back-room manage meaning that they are no help with running the store but expect a lot to be done with very little hours. Stores are run with only one person a great part of the day. Associates are given call-in shifts where they expected to be available but only given the work if the store needs them. The company stresses customer service but the tasking is expected is great and the stores do not have enough hours to do it all. This is a very poorly run company.

Advice to Management

Check on store managers without giving warnings. Give more hours so that the stores can be run properly and the customers can be taken care of instead of being an after thought. Give positive feedback instead of constant negatives and super high expectations.

3. Great People; Fun Job

I worked at Bath & Body Works part-time (more than a year)

Pros

I worked with some of the sweetest people in the world! My managers were all great.

You get free samples of all the latest products.

I won contests I didn't even know I was in! Prizes are free products in your choice of fragrance.

Lots of training, including week-end meetings which were fun (and we were paid for attending) I'm older than most employees, and my managers were very patient with me.

Cons

We were guaranteed only 2 or 3 hours of work a week. But during holidays & special sales, they needed us a LOT. And occasionally at other times, I'd stop by just to make a purchase, & be asked to clock in & work a few hours. It was feast or famine!

The registers are terribly outdated. Very slow check out process. Every day I worked -- literally -- I saw one or another of the managers struggling to correct a mistake on a customer's bill. It would take 20-30 minutes before the manager gave up & just gave the customer what (s)he wanted.

They keep cutting back on popular fragrances for new ones.

Advice to Management

Change for its own sake isn't necessarily good.

5. Great first job.

I worked at Bath & Body Works part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Discount
    Co workers
    New people

Cons

Not a lot of hours

Advice to Management

Add more hours,

6. Great atmosphere, great people

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX

I worked at Bath & Body Works part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedules
    Great atmosphere
    Discount
    Leave smelling good lol
    Fun job

Cons

Not enough hours
    You can't make plans because you have to wait for their call to see if they need you to come in that day

7. Not worth it!

I worked at Bath & Body Works

Pros

-Large company with many jobs
    -Lots of free products and samples
    -Decent work environment for retail
    -Very structured business model

Cons

-Hardly any hours, usually 15 is considered good for a sales associate (at minimum wage, you'd better have another job or two!)
    -Major micro-managing by sales leads and store manager, often treated employees like children (this may have just been the manager I had, she was very hyperactive)
    -Floor sets are HORRIBLE!! We were never given enough time or employee hours for the complexity of the floorsets, often had to stay till 1AM or later for the big ones. Supplies were not adequate (things like fishing wire that had to be cut for hanging props instead of pre-set hangers) and we rarely were given all the product that was required in the model picture.
    -Pay is not great, but about average compared to similar jobs
    -The discount was 15% I think, which was pitiful since most of the sales we had worked out to be a better price than our discount!

Advice to Management

Please put more effort into product development instead of focusing on coming out with a new item every other week. We literally had shelves of merchandise that could only be sold twice a year because the label had changed or the formula was updated. I've never seen so much waste! Also, please put more thought into floor sets and give stores adequate time and resources to finish them safely and without so much hassle-people will still come into the store without having new floorsets twice a month!

Bath & Body Works Photos