Bath & Body Works

3.3
1,128 Reviews

Bath & Body Works CEO Nick Coe
Nick Coe

Pros
  • They give free products for employees to try and improve product knowledge (in 73 reviews)

• Great Products - you'll get a lot of free samples (in 65 reviews)

Cons
  • Call in shifts (What an abusive tactic) I have seen employees have nothing but (in 129 reviews)

• Work life balance is almost non-existent, especially when you reach management levels (in 44 reviews)

More Highlights

EXCELLENT!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Bath & Body Works part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexibility, ability to pick up more shifts throughout the week, very nice and considerate staff!

Cons

heavy lifting for people who are not used to it

Stocking more throughout the day

Sales Associate

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Bath & Body Works part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, ability to cross train, plenty of training opportunities

Cons

Cannot move up in management quickly, no benefits, hours availible

Great!

I have been working at Bath & Body Works

Pros

Loved working here for the three years

Cons

Lots of hourly turn over

Keep doing what you are doing!

I have always loved working for this company from day one!

Current Employee - Co-Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Co-Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Bath & Body Works

Pros

Actually have fun while you work. You smell amazing when you go home. Never-ending smiles. Pretty good pay.

Cons

none really. it's a wonderful environment. most people hate their jobs but with this one you can be yourself and genuinely enjoy going to work everyday

Fun place to work!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Wesley Chapel, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Wesley Chapel, FL

I have been working at Bath & Body Works

Pros

The co workers are all awesome and super fun to be around. Managers are relaxed and want to help you as much as you can. Getting shifts covered/picking up shifts is easy so you can really be in control of how many hours you want. The products are great and you really learn a lot about them. It's easy to be good at this job very quickly. Training is extensive and makes you feel comfortable.

Cons

Call in shifts are kind of annoying because it wastes your whole day, depending on what time it is. You wouldn't think closing is that hard at BBW... but lining up those rows of shower gels/soaps/candles is hard! It's like lining up dominos. And you probably get some of the most ridiculous customers with their coupons.

No "advice". They're all awesome!

Great company to work for

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Victorville, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Victorville, CA

I worked at Bath & Body Works part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Smells nice. Management was always helpful. People are happy to work there.

Cons

Having to sell/demonstrate a set a quota of a particular product.

I love working at Bath & Body Works in Rome, GA

Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Rome, GA
    Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Rome, GA

I have been working at Bath & Body Works

Pros

Co-workers and managers are wonderful to work with
    Flexible scheduling

Cons

Not as many hours available

Kept going back for 15 years.

I worked at Bath & Body Works

Pros

When your doing your very best everything is rewarding. It is a great company to work for. No matter what is going on in your life, when you go into work it all seems to go away. Everything is so upbeat and cheerful.

Cons

Empty promises made for advancement. I have been a loyal employee since 1999, starting in management. Always went back to work part time for the fun of it or when they needed me. When I lost my full time job I was interested in going back to bath & body full time. I was promised positions, then given to people with less experience. Management was stringing me along pouring out empty promises and lies so I would stay in the store I was in for her own personal gain. This is the same associate I started with in 1999 whom I thought was loyal to me as well.

Train the store managers to respect career needs of the associates.

Amazing Experience!

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate

I have been working at Bath & Body Works part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I see a lot of complaints about lack of hours for seasonal employees. However, I have been hired as a seasonal employee and have had no issues whatsoever. What I've noticed is that in order to get the coveted hours, you need to be a stand out in the interviews, be very good with retail & customer service, be a team player, and be willing to work hard. In one week, I got 32-35 hours, and the next week, I got 14 hours even though I had no scheduled shifts, just call-ins. DON'T apply and expect to get hours unless you're willing to work hard, and unless you have the right personality (confident, outgoing, enjoys retail, etc.) for Bath & Body Works.

Other pros:
    - My co-workers are fantastic people. In just the short time of working there, I have bonded with them a lot. There is no backstabbing, trying to steal sales, etc. We truly work as a team.
    - The management really cares about you and your success at the company. Whenever I do a particularly good job at work that day, they are always quick to thank me and let me know what they liked about what I was doing. "You had great energy today!" or "You're great at retail!"
    - The company in general is very good to their employees. After the exhausting 28-hour Thanksgiving/Black Friday stretch, they sent us a box of candy and food as a thank you. Managers were told to hand out free items to employees that worked extra hard or stayed extra hours. There is even a sign posted in the bathroom that says, "We LOVE our associates!"
    - The company doesn't just talk the talk. They truly live out their values. For example, I was worried that upon receiving the job, I would have to shove products down customers' throats, which I did NOT want to do. They say that they want us to treat the customers like friends, and I was like, hah, yeah right, they just want us to sell, sell, sell. But the truth is, they are big on giving customers the ultimate experience, and helping them have FUN at the store, rather than just getting as many products in the shopping bag as we can.
    - 30% discount at BBW and Victoria's Secret. Yay!! Plus the occasional free products.

I LOVE this job and rave about it constantly to my friends and family :)

Cons

Call in shifts can get really annoying. It makes it nearly impossible to schedule anything. If I want to spend time with friends or family, I have just gotten used to requesting the entire day off, that way I don't risk them scheduling me for call-in shifts. The way these work is that you have to call an hour before and they let you know whether or not you are working. Sometimes they ask you to call back in another hour or so. The amount of hours they give you depends on if they are meeting their monetary goals for the day, and if they aren't, they either won't use the call in - or they will cut your hours. I have had co-workers get cut down from an 8 hour to a 3 hour shift because we were so far away from meeting our goals. This happens somewhat often, but the cuts are not usually so dramatic - more like 2 or 3 hour cuts. And of course, there's dealing with the occasional psycho customer that screams in your face if you don't stack their coupons (against company policy except on special occasions like Black Friday). It's also a little overwhelming at first to try to remember all the different types of product you carry... But especially if you work as a cashier or as a replenisher, you interact with the different products so often that you are able to quickly pick up and remember what you carry in your store.

Less call in shifts would be nice. Warn seasonal employees ahead of time that unless they are of the right personality and work ethic, they won't be working many hours.

Encouraging environment with amazing managers to learn from.

Former Employee - Sales Leader in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Former Employee - Sales Leader in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at Bath & Body Works full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Learned so much, so much fun to work with.

Cons

Heavy lifting sometimes. Crazy holiday season

Keep up the good work!