Bath & Body Works

Bath & Body Works Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Bath & Body Works CEO Nick Coe

Nick Coe

Pros
  • They give free products for employees to try and improve product knowledge(in 60 reviews)

• Great Products - you'll get a lot of free samples(in 59 reviews)

Cons
  • Call in shifts (What an abusive tactic) I have seen employees have nothing but(in 122 reviews)

• Work life balance is almost non-existent, especially when you reach management levels(in 35 reviews)

Will work for free samples!

Customer Sales Lead (Former Employee) Oneonta, NY

ProsCompany puts a lot of effort into sales training and team building. Its actually a really fun place to work.

ConsManagers create a schedule every week so your hours can be hard to plan. Part timers may not get a lot of hours. Company product shipments are not very environmentally friendly, small boxes are shipped in very big boxes with lots of empty space.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to cut down on your trash. Ship your product in reasonably sized boxes and don't throw out so much marketing material.

Prepares you for the world of retail.

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Albany, NY

ProsFlexible with days off if entered into the system in advance. For a part time job, salary was not awful - I started off wit ha dollar over minimum wage. They truly help you grow as a sales associate, and train you for the world of retail.

ConsExtreme favoritism amongst employees. Although hours are determined based on skill, I have witnessed many employees just as skilled as I am receive a small fraction of weekly hours compared to my own. Expectations of sales can be extremely unrealistic at times. Sales associates have to be very pushy as required, but it often drives the customer away.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop playing favorites and treat all employees equally!

Good company

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Natick, MA

ProsFun work environment, lots of new products, great people to work with, and strong QA review system.

ConsSometimes things could get catty, but all in all, it was a great team. Working holidays is very rough though.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention closer to who is working hard and who isn't.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great starting point.

Customer Sales Lead (Current Employee)

ProsGreat start off job for someone new to retail.

ConsUnrealistic expectations at times for managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementHigher wages.

Experience was a great one - culture to interactions were exceptional

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsCulture
    Gratis
    Working conditions excellent
    Support outstanding

ConsWorkload
    Work life balance
    Programs for development to next level

Advice to Senior ManagementOngoing education and development

Sales Lead

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat teaching materials & a customer focus that gives you a lot of transparency as to what customers are experiencing in your store

ConsTeams are sometimes unwelcoming to new management especially during major changes, which happened often at BBW. Associate pay is a little rough unless you're in a good market or volume store. Policies are sometimes the iron word and other times guidelines - it's hard to know the difference. I found that playing to what your District Manager wanted was not always the way your Store Manager performed their services. It's also difficult to resolve problems with team members in management because of the upward talking focus within the culture. I had a SM who was breaking numerous rules and causing significant discomfort to Associates, but the store's DM ignored the problem for months. It wasn't until right before holiday that the shrink issue from the SM was addressed.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your Associates & do not make it so difficult for them to resolve problems.

Great part time job

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

ProsI loved the ladies who worked at Bath and Body Works. It;s a fun environment that holds you accountable of product knowledge.

ConsCall-ins...I will never understand this. Basically you are scheduled to call at a certain time/hour before to see if they need you to come in.

Best of retail

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Bloomington, MN

ProsFun atmosphere to be in. Sometimes it didn't just feel like "work". You also learn a lot by switching up the work tasks. Management is great and they're connected with their employees. It's a team oriented workplace but you have opportunities to shine on your own.

ConsEveryone has an "on-call" status no matter if you're full-time or part-time. Repetitive selling techniques are expected to be used and can get kind of tired. There needs to be a switch up there, or let employees use their own.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be more fairness when it comes to scheduling shifts.

Fun place to work, good company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFun atmosphere around the holidays and summer. Great product samples and discounts! While it is typical corporate song and dance, it is legitimately a fun environment that puts employees first.

ConsCommon retail problems.. Holiday hours, working with the general public

Cherry Creek Mall - Denver, CO (Bath & Body Works)

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsSuch a great place to work, friendly co-workers, schedule flexibility, clean environment, great management, floor sets are actually fun, easy to get someone to cover you if you need it.

ConsHonestly, there is nothing here that I don't like. If I didn't have to relocate, I would still work with them!

Advice to Senior ManagementYou guys are wonderful!!

Worked for Bath & Body Works? Contribute to the Community!