Bath & Body Works Reviews

3.4
1,269 Reviews
Bath & Body Works CEO Nick Coe
Nick Coe

Pros
  • They give free products for employees to try and improve product knowledge (in 73 reviews)

• Great Products - you'll get a lot of free samples (in 65 reviews)

Cons
  • Call in shifts (What an abusive tactic) I have seen employees have nothing but (in 129 reviews)

• Work life balance is almost non-existent, especially when you reach management levels (in 44 reviews)

Customer-driven and team-focused.

Current Employee - Sales Team Leader in Destin, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Team Leader in Destin, FL

I have been working at Bath & Body Works part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My team at Bath & Body Works consistently worked to make our customers feel welcomed and at home in our store. We provided them with the best possible customer service and top quality products while also giving them the most currently popular fragrances on the market.

Cons

Unfortunately, as business flows so do hours. A work-life balance was sometimes hard to maintain due to fluctuations in hours available or floor changes that were called for. Sometimes days off were cancelled because of upper management decisions based on the flow of business.

Maintain a consistent scheduling. I understand that as a business, you have to move with the customers, but employees grow burnt out and frustrated when they cannot make solid plans in their home lives because of inconsistencies at work.

2. Very professional, but casual & helpful in the customer service aspect.

Former Employee - Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Bath & Body Works part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very customer service oriented, care about the associates & always providing a great environment.

Cons

All associates are part time

Great company to start with, just lack of advancement after store manager role

Former Employee - Store Manager in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at Bath & Body Works

Pros

Gratis--benefits--bonus program - leave the company with a high level of business skills that will make you be successful in other retail business

Cons

Not a lot of room for advancement past the store manager role--DM positions are often filled by external candidates. Some DM are micro managers and hold u back from ur full potential because they don't allow u to share ur view on business -- their way or no way. Not a lot of freedom to take your PTO as you would like during non black out times. Not all DM are like this put unfortunately some are.

Exit interview with top talent who exit the company--store managers evaluate their DM at least once a year with all feedback going to the regional manager not the DMS peer or other SM in that DM district

5. Love It!

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Manchester, NH

I have been working at Bath & Body Works part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers, you have lots of stuff to do if you're in a high-volume store, you get to meet a lot of people, you get to organize stuff a lot, above-minimum-wage pay for regular associates, managers care a lot about employee safety and health

Cons

It can be stressful during peak hours.

Please allow managers to provide references.

6. Fun work environment, too few hours

I worked at Bath & Body Works

Pros

The work environment is fun and easygoing. You get free products whenever new ones come out, and overall it is a great company to work for.

Cons

The company hires, depending on location, and upwards of fifty people during holiday, so hours can get pretty limited, even after holiday once they let most everyone go. There were several weeks when I would hardly get 8 hours of work.

Even hours out better between employees.

7. Excellent work environment!

I have been working at Bath & Body Works

Pros

Great work life balance. Excellent team work and encouragement.

Cons

Internal promotions can be difficult.

8. This company really showed me the importance of customer service.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Jose, CA

I worked at Bath & Body Works

Pros

It was a fun job. The people are granary happy there I feel like. My expertise was positive I made friends and I leared a lot about customer service how to ingage with s customer. And help them find what they need

Cons

I think the biggest challenge is that they want to to make the customer experience pleasnt but some customers can take it as you are bothering them or harassing them making them upset

I think management does a good job. The only problem I had with management was that they only gave hours to the people that has most experience witch made it harder for new people to really thrive

9. A company who truly lives by its core values.

Former Employee - Co-Manager in Winston-Salem, NC
    Former Employee - Co-Manager in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at Bath & Body Works full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

As a former employee who went from a seasonal stocker to a co-manager, I can attest to the truthfulness of all of these assertions (both pros and cons):
    - Truly believes in its core values.
    - Works hard to celebrate its internal customers, i.e., employees.
    - Provides adequate training on products and selling strategies.

Cons

- The idea of the customer always being right sometimes means that corporate office will undermine the decisions of in-store management. This is a bad business practice in that it gives leverage to customers who abuse customer-friendly policies.
    - Holidays equal long hours - sometimes until after midnight. But if you intend to work retail, you should understand that this is a normal industry expectation.
    - No room for having a bad day. The atmosphere is such that negative energy cannot be tolerated.
    - Opportunity for growth can seem limited as promotions don't come around often. This is not because the company does not want to see you grow, but in my district, there was very low turnover because everyone enjoyed their job. If no one leaves, no one can move up.

Stand behind the decisions made by managers in stores. We have sound reasons for the judgment calls that are made, especially with regards to abusive customers, and it's bad for business to undermine our decisions.

10. Fun overall job

Current Employee - CSL in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - CSL in Boston, MA

I have been working at Bath & Body Works part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Most associates become friend, leadership, fun, hands on

Cons

On calls, work nights and weekends

Be open and forward with associates

11. BBW

Current Employee - Texas in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Texas in Austin, TX

I have been working at Bath & Body Works

Pros

You get free stuff every month

Cons

Hours are based on the profit the store makes i is never assured that you are going to actually get any.

Bath & Body Works Photos