Bath & Body Works

Bath & Body Works Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Bath & Body Works CEO Nick Coe

Nick Coe

Pros
  • They give free products for employees to try and improve product knowledge (in 60 reviews)

• Great Products - you'll get a lot of free samples (in 59 reviews)

Cons
  • Call in shifts (What an abusive tactic) I have seen employees have nothing but (in 123 reviews)

• Work life balance is almost non-existent, especially when you reach management levels (in 35 reviews)

More Highlights

Amazing

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Wausau, WI

ProsFriendly people, Active environment, Socializing with customers and associates

ConsVery busy at times and then slow at other times

Advice to Senior ManagementPromotions for good work would be great

Great Culture, Great Co-workers, Great Career Start!

Senior Packaging Designer (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsAs a designer you will learn a great deal from the company. They keep up with current trends, so you will be designing very creatively. They have capabilities most companies can't afford to do when producing, since they have their own stores. You will meet many great and talented people in your career there. Great company for your people who want to get started in the beauty industry. Great culture in the company, decent perks, and vacation days.

ConsVery high stress job, with long hours. Some people burn out or get overly stressed fairly quick. Deadlines can get a bit unrealistic and turn around is quick for work. Not a lot of room for growth or promotion.

A Great Place To Be

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

ProsA great environment with a great discount, that can also be used at sister stores. Selling smell good products also makes it a fun laid back environment to work in. It's hard to have a bad day at work when a candle called "Red Velvet Cupcake" is burning in the store.

ConsMajority of payroll hours divided among management team of 5 and the rest is divided among assoc.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nice seasonal job with good short-term benefits.

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Lebanon, TN

ProsGood discounts, helpful management, pleasant co-workers, always a very busy environment

ConsManagers always pushing employees to sell more and more, managers become frustrated at sales associates when they don't meet an unrealistic sales quota/person

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more training to new employees

Sales leader

Sales Leader (Former Employee) McDonough, GA

ProsYou get to meet wonderful customers, help them find their true fragrance, great working atmosphere. The actual company is a wonderful company to work for and lots of opportunity for advancement.

ConsSome of the management mainly the store manager tends to get away with lots of things that are wrong. Therefore causing staff to be short because people quit due to unfair treatment. Which also means that the store has lost lots of great retention.

Advice to Senior ManagementDistrict Managers need to appear periodically in the store when the store managers are working and just observe their behaviors and try to uncover why that store is losing staff.

Will work for free samples!

Customer Sales Lead (Former Employee) Oneonta, NY

ProsCompany puts a lot of effort into sales training and team building. Its actually a really fun place to work.

ConsManagers create a schedule every week so your hours can be hard to plan. Part timers may not get a lot of hours. Company product shipments are not very environmentally friendly, small boxes are shipped in very big boxes with lots of empty space.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to cut down on your trash. Ship your product in reasonably sized boxes and don't throw out so much marketing material.

1st Job!

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsAwesome co-workers, very flexible hours for student, room for growth, lots of training.

ConsYucky time clock system and sometimes scheduling.

Advice to Senior ManagementGetting scheduled for 3 hours and 45 minutes is RIDICULOUS!... all it means is that you want to cheat me of my 15 minute break after working 4 hours.

Good company

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Natick, MA

ProsFun work environment, lots of new products, great people to work with, and strong QA review system.

ConsSometimes things could get catty, but all in all, it was a great team. Working holidays is very rough though.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention closer to who is working hard and who isn't.

Prepares you for the world of retail.

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Albany, NY

ProsFlexible with days off if entered into the system in advance. For a part time job, salary was not awful - I started off wit ha dollar over minimum wage. They truly help you grow as a sales associate, and train you for the world of retail.

ConsExtreme favoritism amongst employees. Although hours are determined based on skill, I have witnessed many employees just as skilled as I am receive a small fraction of weekly hours compared to my own. Expectations of sales can be extremely unrealistic at times. Sales associates have to be very pushy as required, but it often drives the customer away.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop playing favorites and treat all employees equally!

Great starting point.

Customer Sales Lead (Current Employee)

ProsGreat start off job for someone new to retail.

ConsUnrealistic expectations at times for managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementHigher wages.

Worked for Bath & Body Works? Contribute to the Community!