Bath & Body Works Reviews

Updated August 28, 2014

3.4

Bath & Body Works CEO Nick Coe
Nick Coe

Pros
  • They give free products for employees to try and improve product knowledge (in 60 reviews)

• Great Products - you'll get a lot of free samples (in 59 reviews)

Cons
  • Call in shifts (What an abusive tactic) I have seen employees have nothing but (in 123 reviews)

• Work life balance is almost non-existent, especially when you reach management levels (in 35 reviews)

More Highlights

Started great, was downhill from there.

Former Employee - Co-Manager  in  Ocala, FL
    Former Employee - Co-Manager in Ocala, FL

I worked at Bath & Body Works full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The employees were great! Our customers were great (for the most part). Vacation time (for salaried employees) was comparable to other companies.

Cons

Work-life balance is horrible!
    District manager did not care about our store and really had no input, this caused many issues with managers.

Make sure district managers are checking all stores!

Great College Job!

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Gainesville, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Gainesville, FL

I worked at Bath & Body Works full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fun atmosphere, great company, flexible schedule, wonderful discount across brands.

I started off as a seasonal employee and worked up to being an assistant shipping coordinator. This job provided a great jumping off point for my profession after college. The management was helpful and encouraging.

Cons

The pay scale for sales associates is limited due to minimum wage in most states.

Great Culture, Great Co-workers, Great Career Start!

Former Employee - Senior Packaging Designer  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Packaging Designer in New York, NY

I worked at Bath & Body Works full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

As a designer you will learn a great deal from the company. They keep up with current trends, so you will be designing very creatively. They have capabilities most companies can't afford to do when producing, since they have their own stores. You will meet many great and talented people in your career there. Great company for your people who want to get started in the beauty industry. Great culture in the company, decent perks, and vacation days.

Cons

Very high stress job, with long hours. Some people burn out or get overly stressed fairly quick. Deadlines can get a bit unrealistic and turn around is quick for work. Not a lot of room for growth or promotion.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great for a College Job

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Bozeman, MT
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Bozeman, MT

I worked at Bath & Body Works part-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun people to work with and a wide variety of employees. We had a fun manager. Hours were easily varied depending on your schedule

Cons

Pay sucked, but I guess I was a college student so the little bit of extra money was great in that way.

Your videos don't "connect" you to your employees... Maybe try something else.

Low pay, high expectations

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Bath & Body Works part-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of female friends, generally nice girls, you're around pretty, good-smelling products all day

Cons

The hours were never the hours asked to work. They'd ask you to do a floor set until midnight and you'd be there until 4 in the morning.

The pay is WAY too low. It's not worth it when dealing with rude management or customers.

Amazing

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Wausau, WI
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Wausau, WI

I have been working at Bath & Body Works part-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly people, Active environment, Socializing with customers and associates

Cons

Very busy at times and then slow at other times

Promotions for good work would be great

A Great Place To Be

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Bath & Body Works part-time for more than a year

Pros

A great environment with a great discount, that can also be used at sister stores. Selling smell good products also makes it a fun laid back environment to work in. It's hard to have a bad day at work when a candle called "Red Velvet Cupcake" is burning in the store.

Cons

Majority of payroll hours divided among management team of 5 and the rest is divided among assoc.

Nice seasonal job with good short-term benefits.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Lebanon, TN
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Lebanon, TN

I worked at Bath & Body Works part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good discounts, helpful management, pleasant co-workers, always a very busy environment

Cons

Managers always pushing employees to sell more and more, managers become frustrated at sales associates when they don't meet an unrealistic sales quota/person

Offer more training to new employees

Sales leader

Former Employee - Sales Leader  in  McDonough, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Leader in McDonough, GA

I worked at Bath & Body Works part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You get to meet wonderful customers, help them find their true fragrance, great working atmosphere. The actual company is a wonderful company to work for and lots of opportunity for advancement.

Cons

Some of the management mainly the store manager tends to get away with lots of things that are wrong. Therefore causing staff to be short because people quit due to unfair treatment. Which also means that the store has lost lots of great retention.

District Managers need to appear periodically in the store when the store managers are working and just observe their behaviors and try to uncover why that store is losing staff.

Will work for free samples!

Former Employee - Customer Sales Lead  in  Oneonta, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Sales Lead in Oneonta, NY

I worked at Bath & Body Works part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company puts a lot of effort into sales training and team building. Its actually a really fun place to work.

Cons

Managers create a schedule every week so your hours can be hard to plan. Part timers may not get a lot of hours. Company product shipments are not very environmentally friendly, small boxes are shipped in very big boxes with lots of empty space.

Try to cut down on your trash. Ship your product in reasonably sized boxes and don't throw out so much marketing material.

Worked for Bath & Body Works? Contribute to the Community!