Battery Systems
www.batterysystems.net Garden Grove, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Battery Systems Reviews

Updated May 9, 2014

Brad Streelman

Awesome Company to work for!!

Management (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsGives the employees great autonomy to be successful if they put forth the effort.
    Promotes from within with lots of opportunity to grow. This is a company where people with a strong work ethic can move forward quickly.

ConsA growing company that faces the typical growing pains.
    The Affordable Care Act has forced a change in the companies health care. To their credit the company has funded the employees HSA account.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on plan and look forward to the success.

Run as far away from this company as possible. Managers are pupits !

Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsHign pay if you work 13 hour days and network on your own "free"time.

ConsEverything! Including the Owner hiding behinf his "faith and so called family values".

Advice to Senior ManagementSend in spys to se how your offices are really being ran.

False Promises and Terrible Regional Management

Warehouse/Driver (Current Employee)
    Santa Rosa, CA

ProsGreat Branch manager and employees.
    A no nonsense owner with a get it done attitude
    An ever evolving HR that keeps up with the times
    Great support from the home office

ConsThe company is very slow to adapting to new technology. Consistently being lapped in that respect by our direct competitors. The POS system is archaic and constantly down, along with the phones and internet. The origin of our house brand batteries, "Centennial", seems to change every few months and some are better than others.

However the biggest problem about this company is within the regional management. Region 3 is home to the most incompetent manager I have ever had the displeasure of working with. I have been here for a few years now and he's never had anything complimentary or encouraging to say. When he decides to stop by the branch the visit mostly consists of him interrupting you to answer phone calls. To get him to sit down and have a meeting about something you need takes multiple conversations and emails.

My rating of this company is hindered much on my personal experiences and my co workers experiences in our region. I have heard many pleasant things about the other regions as far as management goes.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote from within. There are a ton of bright young individuals who want to personally and professionally succeed in this company and are being held back by certain regional management.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I truly enjoy working for Battery Systems.

Delivery Driver (Current Employee)
    Fargo, ND

ProsWe have an excellent team and work well together

ConsIt would nice if there was some overtime available every know and then.

Constantly challenged to excel - both operationally & personally!

ProsGreat network of co-workers; always a lot to be done so never a dull moment; constantly challenged to improve within the position you hold & as an employee; great promotion from within - people can grow with the company.

ConsGrowing company = A lot of work = wearing a lot of hats at once = sometimes can be difficult to see projects get pushed through or even given a second-glance because so much is constantly going on.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvestments in operational expenses are a necessity, but in order to continue to grow & not deplete current employee morale and/or energy to get all tasks completed, investments in other areas may need to be made - ex: expanding departments, updating software, etc.

Good company, lots to do within.

ProsDepending where you want to live, they have stores all over the west coast. Great oppurtunity to move within the company, ant position.

ConsSome of the long term, old timers who have been here... are stuck in there ways. Doesn't seem to be a lot of help from most management on stopping that.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake time to get to know your workers. Know what they want and how they can help, how you can help.

Battery systems is treading water while the competition is moving forwards.

Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsSadly not many. Some of the training was beneficial, but the 'package' offered by the company somewhat negates everything else.

ConsSome of the worst pay in any sales position you will find. Uninspiring commission structure. Management at branch level and regional level are highly under trained and under skilled for their given position. Company products are, at best, average and not at a lower price point than their competitors.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmploy the appropriately qualified personal. Create a commission structure that actually drives the sales staff to do something. It's also important not to expect staff to give up several of their weekends for training courses; especially when you don't pay them or offer any time-off in lieu (like ANY other professional/quality company would).

Great work place friendly management GREAT Co-Workers

Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee)
    Van Nuys, CA

ProsCompany vehicle, continued sales training, checks never bounce, can easily advance. Always adding new product lines. Plenty of support and plenty of ride alongs with manufacture reps. Training on new products. RM WS is a great guy to work for. Wellness program makes you workout I already workout a lot so great for me.

ConsCommissions were a bit of problem, but they always paid them just not a big fan of the structure.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdjust commission scale.

Definitely an Eye Opener

Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsThe chance to earn slightly more money that you could
    While being on unemployment.

ConsThe worst health insurance you can possibly
    be given by any company. Insulting pay. Unbelievable commission plan. The worst "sales training" you could possible receive in the sales industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone really, apart from, good luck.

I love the people that I work with at Battery Systems.

ProsGreat cooperation among sales staff. Great opportunities to grow for those willing to relocate.

ConsNot all managers are trained at the same level. Some are amazing; some are not as skilled.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep training management. Keep compensation at market levels. Keep growing the business.

Worked for Battery Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Battery Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Battery Systems CEO Brad Streelman. All 15 reviews posted anonymously by Battery Systems employees.