Battery Systems Reviews

Brad Streelman

Great Company

Current Employee - Branch Management in Garden Grove, CA
    Current Employee - Branch Management in Garden Grove, CA

Pros

Decent pay, Company Vehicle, Fun team.

Cons

Benefits could be a little better.

Advice to Management

Not much, keep getting better every day.

What a crock of Christian agenda

Former Employee - Former Manager in Garden Grove, CA
    Former Employee - Former Manager in Garden Grove, CA

I worked at Battery Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

paid well, clean office, good food when catered, many (not all) people were nice, insurance was good until it changed

Cons

poor leadership, stabbing in the back a lot, deceitful department heads, they help the wrong people

Advice to Management

get your head out and look up! your ecommerce (apex) is awful and you fired the wrong people.

Sales Manager

Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Battery Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Like Unemployment, but with benefits.

Cons

Oh lordy. A Regional who has no clue about how much his entire team don't respect him (except those who are sucking up) and make jokes about him. Has no skills to develop people or contirbute help us succeed- just dumps task after task. Has product knowledge, but that's it.

Advice to Management

Check your Regional managers performance- peer reviews, workers' view (everyone afraid he'll find out though- so getting honest answer s will be very hard), driving record (ours has gotten speeding tickets in the company vehicle), let's his kid and girfriend drive the company vehicle too. Talking with his buddies on his cell more important than talking to his people, brushes off concerns, oonly worried about his image. Can I go on? Run, don't walk away...

Run far away from battery systems.

Current Employee - Driver in Fresno Crossing, CA
    Current Employee - Driver in Fresno Crossing, CA

Pros

Co workers are great at the branch Awesome HR dept.

Cons

Horrible management Your looked at as a number No pay raise ever.

Advice to Management

Look into what the managers are really doing. And if I was running this business I'd hire people with much better people skills.

I worked here for TOO LONG as a salesman. Central Valley Battery Systems is worse than the plague!

Pros

The only pro's within this company was the people I worked with, NOT for!

Cons

This company, upon hiring, feeds you with a bunch of B.S.! You will be told there are opportunities to move up, get bonus'(most of which are ridiculous), and the most laughable were raises! The regional was probably the most arrogant manager I have ever been around. He reminds me of a snake. He tells you what you want to hear, says you are on your way to being promoted yet, at the same time, tells others behind your back that you are not right for the job. The regional manager comes in maybe once or twice a month and has nothing positive to say, he only points out what everybody is doing wrong! The micro-managing is the worst that I have ever been apart of in any working environment in my professional career! This job is only a stepping stone to gain experience for a better job, which is probably the only reason I would give to work here. Almost no opportunity to advance because no matter how well you do, the regional manager(the one that comes in only once or twice a week) thinks he knows whether or not you are capable of moving up. The guy is completely blind and does not know how to run a territory!! Maybe they wouldn't have such a high turnover rate if they valued their employees and gave them a REAL opportunity to advance! Try speaking to existing customers and get feedback from them on the current employee that is working so hard to better himself in your company rather than sitting on your phone or computer all day and assuming you know whether or not that person has the ability to do their job because its obvious you don't know how to do yours!

Advice to Management

Give your current employees reasonable goals, give them the opportunity to move up and do research on your employees work performance by checking in with existing customers. Nobody wants to work for a company when they feel like they have already hit the ceiling! TWO THUMBS DOWN!!

Avoid Like The Plague

Former Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Battery Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Regrettably, very few. A relaxed work environment (when not being micro-managed) is one mild positive. "Free company uniform".

Cons

Almost no quality/in-depth training. You are expected to travel to LA (their Head office) over several weekends, for a training course. You are EXPECTED to do this totally unpaid and without any time off in return. This is utterly unheard of. Everything about Battery Systems is just atrocious. The middle management is totally inept and under qualified. The HR crew (apart from one or two) are cringe worthy.

Advice to Management

"See above"

8. Best company I have ever worked for.....

Former Employee - Territory Sales Manager in West Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Manager in West Sacramento, CA

I worked at Battery Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Battery Systems is by far the best company I have ever worked for. Starting from day one, they train their employees right. Starting employees are given a Jump Start with an intro to the company and how to be successful while working for the company. From there, they are continuously given monthly product training. Managers are eager to get an employee anything he or she needs to be successful. At all times, I was fully supported by management and truly felt a part of a team. While some complain about the commission structure, I feel it was adequately supplemented with an above industry standards base salary. This is a very well run company from the top down. The only reason I am leaving is because I was hired in the field for which I went to school. Pros: 100% supportive management team Great pay Company vehicle to take home Autonomy: Able to make whatever sales calls you want each day Ability to sell to dozens of different industries which made each day different Excellent training with some travel Healthy lunch once a month

Cons

There are very few cons to working for this company. Some employees may pick apart this company for what are just growing pains. The changes I saw happen have all left the company on a better foot than before the change occurred.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you guys do. Always thank your employees. Whenever I would get a pat on the back or a thank you, it made me work even harder to continue to do a great job. This company is great on recognition and taking care of their employees.

Tragically inept company

Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Santa Rosa, CA
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Santa Rosa, CA

Pros

- The potential for limited promotion. - Free company merchandise. - Use of the company fuel card for personal use - Short 3 to 4 hour work-days

Cons

- Extrmemly low salary - Under trained staff - Low expectations of sales staff - Poor training - Inept management

Advice to Management

Read the reviews on Glassdoor's page...

10. I'm very happy with my job.

Current Employee - Warehouse/Driver in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Warehouse/Driver in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Battery Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy going to my job everyday. Pay is fair. They have lots of benefits, such as extra pay based on performance and free healthy lunches. They offer a 401k, health insurance, bereavement time off, a good amount of vacation days and uniforms. They have helped me financially with family matters and personal problems. Everyone i have worked with in the company has always seemed to care about the employees they work with. They understand you have a life outside of the job and let you have time off if something comes up. I have worked here less than two years but in several positions and locations by my choice. I have also had a good amount of accidents on the job and they were understanding and only cared about my well-being.

Cons

It is hard physical labor but, they are straightforward with that in the hiring process. Sometimes you deal with customers who don't treat you fairly.

11. I have worked at Battery Systems for almost three years, and Battery Systems is a great company!

I have been working at Battery Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Battery Systems stands on three pillars: 1) taking care of their people, 2) taking care of customers and 3) growing the business, which evidence its greatness! After meeting regulatory responsibilities, Battery Systems provides competitive pay and benefits as well as opportunities for achievement and personal growth. In fact, promoting from within is preferred to outside recruitment. Everyone I've met works diligently and with integrity--an awesome group of people! The company strives to continually improve processes. Change is not easy, but we work as a team. For me the best part of working here is being able to serve such wonderful people! I love my job! Plus, I am privileged to work for a boss, who is such an encourager and teacher! I am very grateful and proud to work at Battery Systems!!

Cons

Insurance benefits for an employee's family are expensive. However, with all of the federal, state, county and city regulations annually--sometime monthly--Battery Systems does a remarkable job and continues to spend much time trying to improve benefits.

Battery Systems Response

Nov 17, 2014 – Director of HR

Thank you for your post regarding your positive experience with Battery Systems. We hope to continue to exceed your expectations. Also, thank you for bringing up insurance benefits. We know that ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed