Bavarian Inn

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

William A. Zehnder

Work really hard or stand around

Server (Current Employee) Frankenmuth, MI

ProsThe hours of the restaurant are great (11-9:30), they will schedule around school, another job or any other commitments and it is really easy to trade shifts. It is a great way to make fast money. It is not unusual to make between $100-200 on a weekend shift. Occasionally you even make $100+ on weekdays. My best day was a Thanksgiving shift where I made over $300. All the people are really great

ConsServers only get paid $2.65 per hour so when it is slow, there are some days where you make $20-30 in tips (they are rare). Training is a 3 week set schedule that is not flexible, so it may be hard for people that have stuff going on. The slow season starts in January and goes through about May. During that time, the money is not as good and hours are a lot more scarce. The restaurant is open all holidays of the year.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay regular employees more.

Fun

ProsIt was a fun place to work

ConsIt was disorganized, dirty, and poorly managed.

Growth Opportunities to go-getters...

C O O (Current Employee) Frankenmuth, MI

ProsOver 75% of the leadership of all divisions of the Bavarian Inn (Restaurant, Lodge, River Place Shops and Frankenmuth Motel) were promoted from within. I started as a dishworker in 1977 and am proud to be working with 300+ staffers at the Lodge side of the River now. Employees at any level have an opportunity to grow in the company and positions are promoted internally to provide opportunities before or simultaneously as being posted to outside sources. No politics in improving just having a great attitude, working hard and being a team player = opportunity.

ConsThe Hospitality Industry is a stepping stone job for hundreds of previous employees every year. I know previous employees performing music and singing on Broadway, working for Microsoft, Catterpillar, Google, Dow Corning, Dow Chemical and so much more. This is great! Join this industry until you have better opportunity...

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways stay focused on creating enjoyable experiences to ourselves, our guests and each other and this will STAY a great company to work for. As it has for generations!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

How Bavarain Inn Sucks

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Frankenmuth, MI

ProsBavarian Inn is usually busy so if you bust you butt you can make alot of money as a server.

ConsWorking at Bavarian Inn is terrible. Managers are uncooperative at best, when you can find them, and our not very encourageing. ALL of supervisors are friends with each other because they are all girls so if you do not get along with one, best to expect to not get along with any of them. All and all not pleased.

Advice to Senior ManagementWell for starters. Get some different people in the leadership positions. Most of them do want they want because they think they are untouchable. It is very much like highschool with all the drama, find a way to get everyone away from that.

Great place for summer work while still in college

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Frankenmuth, MI

ProsThe people working there are great to be around and it makes for a fun work environment.
    The management is very good and the lower level managers get along with the staff very well.

ConsThe pay is not great but if you live close to Frankenmuth and are just looking for a summer job while waiting for school to start up again it is a pretty great place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementI didnt see any big problems while I was working at Bavarian Inn with the management so I guess keep up the good work.

Its a job... but not a great one.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey hire often, and it is a good seasonal or part time job. They provide a free meal on your break, but it is mainly leftovers, and sometimes not safe food.

ConsExpect minimum wage. Only member of the family or people really good at office politics will get promoted, its not based on how well you do your job. If you are a server they do not give you any breaks.

Worked for Bavarian Inn? Contribute to the Community!