Baxter

www.baxter.com

Baxter Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Baxter Chairman and CEO Robert L. Parkinson Jr.

Robert L. Parkinson Jr.

Pros
  • The company is flexible with your work/ life balance(in 23 reviews)

• Good benefits, decent salary, flexibility is good but can be better(in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • A lot of talk about "work/life balance" turns into a lot of *nothing* once you're in your job(in 16 reviews)

• Rinse and repeat and you'll make it to senior management in no time(in 16 reviews)

Great place to work

ProsThe company is flexible with your work/ life balance.

ConsEver changing mid-level leadership at the company.

Good place to gain experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice people, good place to receive broad experience

Conslack of internal promotion, still in silos after major power up campaign

Advice to Senior Managementneed to promote from skills not politics , poor understanding of what it means to have a culture of inclusion

Baxter is a secure company.

Manufacturing Supervisor (Current Employee) North Cove, NC

ProsBaxter cares about the quality of the products they manufacture. Good compensation with excellent health and dental benefits. There are personal growth opportunities available to those who qualify.

ConsYour work experience depends on the manager you work for and their leadership style; some of the managers use old style techniques, some just pretend to be leaders, and some are true leaders. There is a lot of favoritism for promotions. It doesn't always depend on your hard work.

Advice to Senior ManagementBaxter needs better communication across the board; this includes senior management. Part of this problem is due to the hectic work environment. Also - employees needs to hear from the CEO in person at least once per year.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company with good standing.

ProsJob security for the foreseeable future with opportunities for growth by moving up and sideways. Acceptable benefits and attractive salaries for those who negotiate.

ConsScarce advancement opportunities. Be prepared to negotiate for the best offer. They interview for one position and then offer you another way below your salary expectations.

Great company for experience

ProsLots of resources and good learning environment

Conssomewhat bureaucratic, need to understand Baxter system to move

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep developing leaders

Baxter's real review!

ProsThe pay is really good here, higher then most companies. The people working are good people seem to really care.

ConsManagement is disconnected, they do try but it doesn't seem genuine. more like lip service. Bonuses are more important then actual safety.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuality of life used to be priority, not in the last 6 years. No appreciation when you work away from home for long periods of time. Poor decisions made without consulting experienced professionals.

Good job for the area but can get stuck

Quality Associate (Former Employee) Marion, NC

ProsThe initial pay is better than anywhere else in the area although not up to industry par. Good opportunity to learn business and management skills. The advancement opportunities are there. Successful established company isn't going anywhere, a rarity in this area.

ConsWhen I was there there was a lot of overtime. Management is very secretive about flaws and what is coming up. You can get stuck in one area and not be allowed to move on if you are not in good graces of management. Management seems to arbitrarily take a liking to some people and give others less of a chance.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open with your employees. There are a lot of rumors and that comes from not having facts and having to guess.

Good place to work

ProsSeems to pay more than other places in the area

ConsHeavy weight of organization and just too many people not communicating with each other.

Good place to grow a career

Operations Analyst (Current Employee) Round Lake, IL

ProsI believe Baxter has a way of finding the right spot for the talent. The pay + benefits are acceptable but I wouldn't call them extremely competitive.

ConsDifficult to move vertically in some groups, reorganizing seems more common.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook to promote some of your young talent early in order to keep them dedicated to their roles.

Great opportunities exist here

Legal Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsGood corporate culture, very good benefits, good professional development for entry to mid level careers. Can be a little overwhelming at first, but as Baxter is splitting into two companies next year, it should make it a little easier to manage. People are their best asset.

ConsAs noted above, the sheer size can be overwhelming. Increasing Global focus, which can mean meetings during odd hours - since they will include those from overseas.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to help staff develop a career path/plan. Provide mentoring opportunities.

Worked for Baxter? Contribute to the Community!