Baxter

www.baxter.com

Baxter Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Baxter Chairman and CEO Robert L. Parkinson Jr.

Robert L. Parkinson Jr.

Pros
  • The company is flexible with your work/ life balance(in 23 reviews)

• Good benefits, decent salary, flexibility is good but can be better(in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • A lot of talk about "work/life balance" turns into a lot of *nothing* once you're in your job(in 16 reviews)

• Rinse and repeat and you'll make it to senior management in no time(in 16 reviews)

Always something new to learn

Senior Marketing Communications (Current Employee) Deerfield, IL

ProsWith Baxter you get to see the difference you make in patient's lives through knowledge based training.

ConsJob descriptions can be very generic. Benefits could always be better.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffice culture typically depends on the group you work with. Opportunities for advancement are very possible as long as you have a degree.

Quality intern

ProsThe company is very diverse. age wise and ethnic wise There were a lot of young people where i interned. The people were very nice. I am very thankful for this experience, it aught me that i don't want to work in quality in pharma because it is so rigid because of the standard work needed to keep up with regulations. They really stress their mission, to save and sustain lives. They are big on volunteerism. I would say they have a good work-life balance.

ConsThey kind of taught me only one thing and stuck me with that for the rest of the internship. Being apart of manufacturing it can be very busy and fast paced, so i guess i can understand why i couldn't learn anything else. So day in and day out if was a very standard work especially because it was pharma.

Sr Engineer

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) Daytona Beach, FL

ProsVery nice, friendly working environment. no work pressures

ConsSo many acquires, and some upper mgmt giving hard time to employees, underpaid

Advice to Senior Managementalways be in touch with local employees, and pay right $ to right employees, they are underpaid. Nobody happy about this

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No standards for anything

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsSince there are no standardized processes, you can create your own and learn a lot. People in general are very helpful. You can get a third week of vacation from the start just by asking for it.

ConsIf you work for a micro-manager, who wants you to read their mind every day, you are in trouble. No standards make your life very difficult. Overtime is expected. Salary increase is a joke. Insurance policy is self-funded, so stay healthy.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your employees. Remember, they work hard. If you see that they ar ein the office sick, send them home, don't make them suffer through the day full of meetings.

Fantastic Company

Procurement II (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsGood place to work diversity practices account for success

Consnone that I can think of

Poor treatment of temp workers

Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) Cherry Hill, NJ

ProsOverall good pay, good people.

ConsTreatment of temporary employees was mediocre. Co workers not very helpful. Too much attitude and gossip.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop allowing senior QA Specialists to waste time, lie and throw all the work on the res of the QA staff.

Solid

ProsBaxter is solid company, consistent financial performance.

ConsIt's big so sometimes its hard to get promoted.

Quality

Quality Associate II (Current Employee) Hayward, CA

ProsEasy to move up the ladder because turn over is so high

ConsPay and benefits package is very lacking for the Bay Area.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot filling head count in a timely fashion is a large downfall. In short, there are not enough people on dirt to properly run the Buisness. Quality is frequently compromised for the sake of hitting metrics. Serious need of a cafeteria or something to keep morale up.

Are the Job Postings Real?

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Medina, NY

ProsDecent product set and potential for growth. It also has a nicely diversified product portfolio with a relatively secure future in the medical industry.

ConsConstant churning. Organizations seem to keep changing and in terms of job requisitions , they don't seem to be real. Some are posted for well over a year, then get deleted and then get reposted. This suggests that there is a lack of clear direction and should be focused upon.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should really be a more concentrated focus on where the company should be going with a solid plan. More focus on bringing in the right people to the company should be a priority. With certain positions posted well over a year and not being filled something in the recruitment process is very wrong. It's hard to believe that good people can't be found in that duration. What is going on?

Stable site with limited growth opportunities

Quality Associate I (Former Employee) Bloomington, IN

Pros- Stable company with loyal clients
    - Great place to work if you are interested in the drug manufacturing environment

Cons- Limited opportunities for reaching lower and upper management
    - No career development

Advice to Senior Management- Be more supportive of employee's desire to grow their careers

Worked for Baxter? Contribute to the Community!