Baxter Reviews

1. Wrongfully fired

Former Employee - Tech II in Medina, NY
    Former Employee - Tech II in Medina, NY

I worked at Baxter full-time

Pros

None every day was bad people are very mean there if your are different. Problems with people picking on me to management. And not knowing anything about it until I was fired.

Cons

Have no sense when it comes to dealing with someone who has developmental disabilities. And did full disclosure.

Advice to Management

Maybe you should have come to me first about the random stuff. Rather than lie about it to fire me. And used my inability to do or be different caused by the developmental disabilities as a secondary reason for termination. And the temp agency randstad is a joke they have no compatibles they didn't even believe that I have disabilities until I was there like 5 mos when I know I talked about it to them several times.

2. Quality engineer

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, MS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, MS

I worked at Baxter full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very exciting job with possibilities to advance. Lots of opportunity to learn and advance in the industry.

Cons

High stress with only fair pay. The company doesn't care too much about the long term viability of employees.

Advice to Management

Try to take care of your people, but not to the point of burnout. Profits are great but holding on to employees is important.

3. Safety Review Specialist

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Pros

Great organization and corporate culture.

Cons

Large department; hard to grow

5. Stressfull is an undersatement

Current Employee - Machine Operator in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Machine Operator in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Baxter full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Medical devices save lives. We make them, therefore we save lives.

Cons

Since Baxter bought out the company that I was originally hired by and dearly loved to work for, the plant has incrementally become more and more stressful. Nearly all of the original Engineers have left. It's a given that management will change with new owners, but the Engineers told me that the felt as though Baxter wanted them out because they didn't want any of the new hires to know how good it was under the old company. Many of us feel the same in our positions. They have changed the schedule around to completely mess with as many lives as they possibly could, 6 shifts. Then putting workers in positions they weren't trained for and expecting them to meet quotas that keep rising. We believe they are doing this to get more workers to quit. Some quit when they changed the schedule around. We feel that they want us to quit so they can replace us (as they have been doing) with contract workers, (most of whom are immigrants because they don't complain or stand up for themselves) so they can pay a lower wage than those of us who have been with the company for several years.

Advice to Management

Treat your workers with respect. If you would look back you will find that we made good quotas had great quality before you came here because we loved our jobs and enjoyed working here. Forbes magazine rated Baxter #6 in Companies to work for. Maybe it just this one at Grasslands, Englewood Colorado that's the lemon, with no sugar for the lemonade.

6. Contract employment

Current Employee - Quality Engineer Contractor
    Current Employee - Quality Engineer Contractor

Pros

Big company, nice facilities, etc.

Cons

Contractors are underpaid and get limited time off and benefits, get excluded from certain training and projects and are very rarely converted to Full time employees.

Advice to Management

Offer full time to contractors with potential to grow, especially after a year of service.

Manager I

I worked at Baxter full-time

Pros

Good benefits. Upward mobility possible. Very good training ground for Good Manufacturing Practices and learning US and international standards and practices.

Cons

Very top-down management. Hesitant to terminate poor management. Work schedule can be very demanding. very rigid in systems and tools .

Advice to Management

Observe trends when people are quitting and transferring to new jobs to get away from bad bosses. Have corporate people work at the plant level for a while to understand the challenges of implementing new initiatives.

8. Good Place to Work

I have been working at Baxter full-time

Pros

At least for the Quality Departments there as very good management, decent pay and good educational opportunities. In Quality, growth and advancement are encouraged. Also hard work and effort are noticed.

Cons

Need an anonymous issue bin or something. Upper management does not do a good resolving plant-wide issues. Layoffs could come at anytime so be guarded. Specifically for the Bloomington plant, there are way too many rumors and not enough answers. It is a though this specific facility is treated differently than other Baxter facilities.

Advice to Management

Dispel the rumors and be more transparent to your employees.

9. Mechanical Design Intern

Former Employee - Mechanical Engineering Design Intern in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Mechanical Engineering Design Intern in Seattle, WA

I worked at Baxter (Less than a year)

Pros

I learned a lot and was given some real projects with a lot of freedom and independance to be creative.

Cons

Was kind of a boys club.

10. Baxter healthcare

Pros

A lot of knowledge in the facility. Great for learning and a lot of room to move up.

Cons

The location is very rural and diversity is minimal. Very minimal vacation days and the days can only be used on certain days

11. Great place to work!

I have been working at Baxter full-time

Pros

The people in my department are very good and passionate about what they do. Everyone is invested in working hard and doing the best job possible. We have good managers and guidance. Alternate work arrangement and a casual dress code are two other excellent perks.

Cons

My group works cross functionally with other groups who aren't as put together as we are. I do wish the pay was a little higher and we could get more than 1-2% salary increases each year.

RSS Feed </> Embed