Bay Alarm

Updated Jun 2, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Roger Westphal

At Bay Alarm, there was a lot of Multitasking, it was a fun and fast-past environment with strict deadlines.

Purchasing (Former Employee) Pacheco, CA

ProsI liked Communicating with the Branch Managers and I enjoyed the family feel of the Corporate office

ConsMiddle Management needs to be audited more to assure they are doing their job correctly.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet to know your administrative staff better

Bay Alarm is a great experience for college grads or anyone trying to gain some type of experience.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThis is a great opportunity to start your sales career. The company events are awesome and the staff is great. I am also surprised that the current CEO's of the business had to work from the bottom as installers to gain their current position. Great company overall

ConsI was really surprised how hard it was to close "big" deals. It takes a lot of negotiating with CEO's and branch managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time trying educate your employees. Everything should not rely on last months number. Working as a team to educate customers will only increase your numbers throughout the years.

Dispatch

Dispatch (Former Employee) Pacheco, CA

ProsThe team was nice. Generally a good bunch to work with.

ConsThe company is stuck in the past.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be such busters.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Solid company, very profitable

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Pacheco, CA

ProsI liked Bay Alarm for its stability and overall good management. I was there for six years and liked working with most of the people I met. There was sort of a family feel to it because it's privately held, which I liked.

ConsI didn't see a lot of opportunity for advancement there, at least not in my department. On the whole, I think my department was under appreciated. As with many companies, Sales is most valued.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay people more. Your family is wealthy enough to afford it.

It's great to be able to say I love my job!

ProsThey promote a culture of respect and invest a lot of money and energy in employees' training and success.
    If you demonstrate desire and ability, you have a good chance for being promoted, especially since promotions are made from within as often as possible.

ConsSince it's a CA only company, it doesn't have as much visibility/advertising as the national companies.

Great place to work!"

ProsIncredible culture based upon respect of employees and customers. Management truly values input and direction from all employees. If you want advancement, it's available to those who are successful and work hard. Finally, out of 700 employees, the average tenure with the company is nearly 10 years... Bay Alarm must be something right.

ConsBay Alarm's 100% focus on the satisfaction of the customer is the key to their success.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep growing, keep focused on the employee and keep making sure your customer remains the focus of all of your efforts.

Low Pay, Family Company, No technology

Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsEasy job to get....family run company. They have long term employees that always tell you how long they are there. Simple sales process. great Ca footprint. Great tech's.

ConsHorrible training program. VERY low pay. Turn over in sales is high. Only way to to move up is stay there for a long time. Technology is lacking. Old schools ways of business.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvance smarter people. Listen to them.

Bitter sweet

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Carson, CA

ProsGreat support for sales staff as well as a deep commitment to customer satisfaction.

ConsPoor salary. Little to no job growth opportunites.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer a competitive salary to retain your sales talent. Offer leadership positions

Great place to work

Manager (Current Employee) Pacheco, CA

ProsVery low turnover. Family run business. Bay Alarm is a very good place to work. Everyone is professional and courteous and there is never any drama.

Consbase salary is a bit low and could be higher. Other than that no real complaints. Great place to work overall.

Advice to Senior Managementno complaints about management or leadership. This company has been around for a long time so they know how to keep employees happy.

Just okay. Privately held company.

Commercial Sales Representative (Current Employee)

ProsGreat starter place for security or fire sales experience. Very structured.

ConsManagement tends to promote only from the corporate location. If you are creative or like large systems sales, this isn't your company. They like the small to medium sized businesses only.

Advice to Senior ManagementStep outside the box and be creative.

Worked for Bay Alarm? Contribute to the Community!