BayCare Health System

Be The First To
Add Photos

BayCare Health System President and CEO Stephen R. Mason

Stephen R. Mason

Pros
  • Great opportunity for growth and really good benefits(in 7 reviews)

• The benefits are great and BayCare offers many opportunities to move within the organization(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • paid time off to use for vacation or sick purposes when you need them(in 3 reviews)

• Senior management does not let you make your own decisions(in 3 reviews)

Great Company, but

Registered Nurse (Former Employee) Clearwater, FL

ProsManagers were well trained for working with employees and inspiring them to be leaders. I was able to tell my manager my goals and she worked on guiding me to them. I loved getting my evaluation. I got to hear what people said about me and it reinforced my positive behaviors.

ConsHorrible healthcare. I didn't go to the ED for chest pains because our insurance didn't cover enough.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter healthcare.

Good Company

Administrative (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsSolid company, upbeat place to work.

ConsKeeping up with all of the changes within the company.

As far as hospitals go, these are probably one of the better ones.

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)

ProsGet a pay raise every year, discounted tickets to events, yearly bonus for all employees

ConsAs with all hospitals, it is a number crunch from upper management. Staffing is never optimal and we are forced to do more with less all the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementWould love to see the number crunchers do our job out on the floor with the staffing that they think is acceptable.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people to work with and feel that I am making a contribution to community through our services.

Server (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsGreat opportunity for growth and really good benefits.

ConsCommunication could be more timely and not depend on emails so much.

Advice to Senior ManagementEven though we have email, please communicate to your teams more.

Stay Away from IT Shop

Somewhere In IT (Current Employee) Clearwater, FL

ProsThe health system is strong

ConsThe IT Shop is a huge disaster. There is total lack of leadership integrity which is supported by BayCare leadership. Having plenty of free golf games T ? Do your employees feel the same way they did about you in South Carolina, Texas and Central Florida? Do you leave a wide path of destruction ?

Advice to Senior ManagementGet new leadership

BayCare is a good place to work, encourages strong work ethic.

ProsSolid healthcare organization with continuos growth.

ConsCan be extremely conservative in attitude and culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementConnect and/or interact more with employees.

It was ok the employees were nice

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Winter Haven, FL

Prosit is a job !

Consno growth and the pay is not that good

Advice to Senior ManagementShow employees some respect please

Experience will depend on department and manager

Social Service Specialist (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsMany locations, able to transfer to another department or location within 6 months of employment, good overall benefits, many opportunities for advancement for direct patient care staff.

ConsIn many cases, although not part of the company's values, your career growth and future will depend on your direct manager and their specific department and career goals for themselves. One person has the power to either make or break you, loyalty and experience will not always get you where you want to go. This is still a "good-ol-boy" type environment in some departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementSometimes, when a company attempts to grow their brand rapidly in many different directions at one time, in order to be competitive with market changes, they lose-site of the communities and people they serve, both internally and externally.

Great place to get healthcare IT experience, not a lot of opportunity to move up.

Clinical Applications Analyst (Current Employee) Clearwater, FL

ProsAccess to cutting edge technology, lots of opportunities to train and learn different systems. The organization as a whole works hard to treat employees with dignity and respect.

ConsNot much opportunity to move upward, although the state that they "promote from within", I haven't seen it.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen hiring for supervisory and management positions, maybe you should take a look at the people on your teams that have the experience and start there. Bringing in outsiders, without giving those already inside with more than enough experience, is not always a good thing.

Interesting

ProsGood benefits, lots of pto, flexible schedule, expanding company.

ConsDepending on what dept. high volume.

Worked for BayCare Health System? Contribute to the Community!