BayCare Health System Reviews

Updated August 11, 2014

3.2

BayCare Health System President and CEO Stephen R. Mason
Stephen R. Mason

Pros
  • Great opportunity for growth and really good benefits (in 7 reviews)

• The benefits are great and BayCare offers many opportunities to move within the organization (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • paid time off to use for vacation or sick purposes when you need them (in 3 reviews)

• Senior management does not let you make your own decisions (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to get healthcare IT experience, not a lot of opportunity to move up.

Current Employee - Clinical Applications Analyst  in  Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Clinical Applications Analyst in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at BayCare Health System full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Access to cutting edge technology, lots of opportunities to train and learn different systems. The organization as a whole works hard to treat employees with dignity and respect.

Cons

Not much opportunity to move upward, although the state that they "promote from within", I haven't seen it.

When hiring for supervisory and management positions, maybe you should take a look at the people on your teams that have the experience and start there. Bringing in outsiders, without giving those already inside with more than enough experience, is not always a good thing.

BayCare is a good place to work, encourages strong work ethic.

I have been working at BayCare Health System

Pros

Solid healthcare organization with continuos growth.

Cons

Can be extremely conservative in attitude and culture.

Connect and/or interact more with employees.

Interesting

I have been working at BayCare Health System

Pros

Good benefits, lots of pto, flexible schedule, expanding company.

Cons

Depending on what dept. high volume.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very good

I have been working at BayCare Health System

Pros

I have worked with baycare since 2007 and have had very good experiences

Cons

None at this time

Nothing bad to say

Former Employee - Food Service Representative  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Food Service Representative in Tampa, FL

I worked at BayCare Health System part-time for less than a year

Pros

good people, competitive pay, good benefits

Cons

paid time off and shift schedule

Best Health Care Company I've Ever Worked For

Current Employee - LMA IV  in  Safety Harbor, FL
    Current Employee - LMA IV in Safety Harbor, FL

I have been working at BayCare Health System full-time for more than a year

Pros

High Pay, Good Benefits, I love the people at work, and my manager always has my back, as long as he/she should anyway. Ten hour Shift is great

Cons

As an LMA there is a cap on your pay. There are only three paid holidays. Minimal staffing can make it difficult to get time off unless requested and approved far in advance.

It is all about who you know not what you know

Current Employee - Physical Therapist
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist

I have been working at BayCare Health System full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great core values and good benefits.

Cons

It is very difficult to move up, it is about who you know what what you know. Upper management needs to realize that supervisors play favorites and use this for annual increases. If a senior employee or manager forms an opinion of you it sticks with you for your entire career.

Realize that lower level supervisors and managers play favorites and bully other employees,

Rapid Growth, shaky foundation

Current Employee - Program Coordinator  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Program Coordinator in Tampa, FL

I have been working at BayCare Health System full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Focusing more on Team Member's needs and desire to grow within company, but still a long way to go in establishing an actual process for making this happen.
    A lot of educational opportunities and financial assistance to further you education.

Cons

Mediocre Pay, Hard to move depts unless you know someone, morale due to extreme changes in integration.

Organize!! Explansion is great but do more to lay a firm work culture for the team you have in place.

Worst I.T. Management in the Business

Current Employee - Pharmacy
    Current Employee - Pharmacy

I have been working at BayCare Health System full-time

Pros

Nice parking garage. Bay area is nice. Well maintained lawns. Hospital staff is very nice.

Cons

The I.T. department has gone downhill over the last 5 years. Had some very smart programmers there. BayCare moved toward EMR, but never figured out you need good programmers who were creative. They started micro managing them, and a few left and found better environments in other hospital systems. Management, starting canning the few good ones that were left. The fired ones found better positions at other hospital systems. The final straw was they took two managers that probably couldn't manage a neat market, and promoted them to a Director position. Thankfully, I left I.T. and went to another position.

Wake up. Practice your 5 values.

Culture issues across system

Former Employee - Manager  in  Saint Pete, FL
    Former Employee - Manager in Saint Pete, FL

I worked at BayCare Health System full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

St. Anthony's was a wonderful place to work. Great senior admin and support. Genuinely concerned about providing quality care. The president of St. A is the best in the system.

Cons

No chance for advancement across the system. BayCare preaches that they like to promote from within, but no one gets a serious interview unless it is for your the hospital that you work for. Other hospitals in system do not want to work together, but rather see everything as a competition and middle leadership collaboratives across the system are ineffectual and stuck in the past. Pay is horrible compared to other systems in the area. Everyone in management is titled one position under what they really do so they can pay less.

Do away with the collaboratives. they are a waist of time. Enforce the hiring and promoting from within the system. Get rid of the petty back stabbing and competition from managment across the system. The System is doing well, but could do so much better if they worked as a team and competed against other local systems and not each other.

Worked for BayCare Health System? Contribute to the Community!