Bayer HealthCare
www.bayerhealthcare.com Leverkusen, Germany 1000 to 5000 Employees

Bayer HealthCare Reviews

Updated Jul 5, 2014

Bayer HealthCare Chairman, Board of Management and Executive Committee Jörg Reinhardt

Jörg Reinhardt

Pros:
  • "The work life balance is great as well as the flexibility"
    in 17 reviews
  • "Great working environment and working relationships"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "The idea that they want us to have a better work life balance is a farce"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Decision making not crisp or supported by logical arguments by middle management"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

A company that focuses on growth

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDuring my time at Bayer, I felt I was able to grow in my position. My manager listed to me and where I wanted to go with my career and took all steps necessary to help me get there.

There is a great focus on work-life balance so you do not feel like you're living at your job or feel bad for taking a day off. A work from home option is provided which is great as well.

ConsI don't have any cons to list.

Review

V&V Engineer (Current Employee)
    Indianola, PA

ProsNice environment to wrok. iT IS A GOOD PLACE WITH GOOD WOR-LIFE BALANCE. People here are very sweet

ConsBaD WEATHER IN LOCATION.

Decent place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI liked getting Bayer products at the site store for super cheap. Company ran very well and was organized. Adequate staffing.

ConsBenefits were not too great. Compensation was low. Had to leave to get a decent raise. I'm sure there's others.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more in touch and communicate with employees.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A company that is embracing change in a downturned economy.

ProsMany groups are able to work remotely from home several days a week. There is a good life-work balance from what I can see. Good exposure to senior leadership on a monthly basis.

ConsIt is difficult to make connections outside of your department which leads to a feeling of stagnation. Managers have the power to put a stop to any promotion growth by citing anything they want on a performance review.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more transparent in your decision making processes. The rumor mills are continually validated by outside reporting - it would be nice to hear something a day before it is released to the public.

Company Review

Manager, Regulatory Affairs (Current Employee)
    Montville, NJ

ProsFlexible working, Good Salary, Good work life balance, many would like to retire in Bayer if they accept being laid back and no career ambition

Consvery German culture, career growth limited

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to keep talents. many get frustrated with limited growth.

Good culture, strong company

QC Analyst I (Current Employee)
    Berkeley, CA

ProsThe company shows strong signs of growth. Some leaders are exceptional in terms of advocating for their fellows and recognizing their potentials.

ConsIn general, the work culture in Bayer is friendly. The benefit is fair. Promotion could be slow, depend on the management.

Advice to Senior ManagementBoost up decision-making time and try to distribute workload evenly among team members.

Good people to work with

Sales Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsOncology is good place to be.

ConsLimited pipeline for Women's Health

Everything is outsourced.

Associate Quality Control Chemist (Current Employee)

ProsActual Bayer employees, people that have been around with Bayer for a while are a pleasure to work for. Unfortunately it's getting harder to find these people.

ConsMEDRAD and anyone from that side of the company. Some of the upper management from Medrad have put up road block after road block on projects realizing that others in the company can do a much better job.

All of the outsourcing going on. Half the company is now under contract. There is no job security because of it and there has been a 50% increase in employee turn around at our site because of it. Their stocks look great but their savings are coming at the employee expenses. They don't have to pay 401k's or other benefits however what is the real cost of this? They have to dump that money back into the endless hours of training, people don't bother to call the Help Desk because they don't know who they'll get. It's not a good environment to be a part of. Morale is down because there is no job security at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe US side of things needs an overhaul. Bring your employees back, you may actually get the work done that you've been wanting from contractors. Make people WANT to work for the company again. Give regular raises to those that deserve it and then TELL the others why they don't deserve one so they can improve. Don't make it on a sliding scale that you can only hand out so many at this percentage and so many at another and so on. That's kind of BS and not professional. If you can only hand out 2 raises for a 6% raise and 4 people actually deserve it, give it to them.

Depends on the division of Bayer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits, good people, ok pay

Consunstable areas with in the company

Leaning towards great

Prosgreat site to collaborate and technology level is getting there

ConsWork-life balance can be great if you have the right manager that understand this value, hard to move up to the next level due to shifting to outside resources instead of promoting within

Advice to Senior ManagementUnfortunately the salary of an employee over 5 years are below the market value and does not keep up with the cost of living increases. Promotions to the next level is rarely 5% increase from current position.

Worked for Bayer HealthCare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bayer HealthCare reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bayer HealthCare CEO Jörg Reinhardt. All 125 reviews posted anonymously by Bayer HealthCare employees.