Bayer HealthCare

Bayer HealthCare Reviews

Updated November 10, 2014
Updated November 10, 2014
3.6

Bayer HealthCare Chairman, Board of Management and Executive Committee Jörg Reinhardt
Jörg Reinhardt

Pros
  • The work life balance is great as well as the flexibility (in 19 reviews)

• Good benefits, nicely lit new building, long-time workers adaptive to changes in leadership (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • The idea that they want us to have a better work life balance is a farce (in 5 reviews)

• Senior Management preaches the latest values and doesn't follow them (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

It has been an awesome experience!

Former Employee - Supervisor
    Former Employee - Supervisor

I worked at Bayer HealthCare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I had a great boss who had prior experience as a coach for executives--making my experience one of the mentor relationship that I have longed for. I also had a close peer, one level up, who coached me and cared about how my behavior reflected on the department, myself, himself, and our boss. Again, a great mentoring experience for a new grad!

Cons

Bayer is a pharmecutical company, and I was working for a medical device division--and the net effect was a seeming disconnect between the larger company and how medical device companies typically handle their processes. Some of the consolidation projects actually hurt the overall performance of the company; but because the company believed that centralizing everything was the best way, they didn't seem to see the effects that centralization had on performance.

Consider pros AND cons before centralizing/decentralizing operations--it may have unintended consequences far outweighing what was initially considered. Ask questions after reading reports--the reports may have already answered the question.

Great place to work for.

I worked at Bayer HealthCare

Pros

The pay was great and the benefits were excellent. The employees treated everybody like a one big family with respect.

Cons

Nothing I could think of. This was the best job I ever had. Too bad the production was moved to Germany and we all had to be laid off.

Women's health device opportunities

Current Employee - Clinical Sales Specialist
    Current Employee - Clinical Sales Specialist

I have been working at Bayer HealthCare full-time

Pros

In the WHC team, the reps are selling three birth control devices, one permanent and two reversible. Because this is not a pen-to-paper-script pharma job, we get to partner with doctors to use these solutions.

Cons

Not a pure device division, not a pure pharma division.

Undergoing major changes

I have been working at Bayer HealthCare full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The team members you work with on daily basis are extremely great and look to help each other.

Cons

One of the biggest con's is the lack of strategic direction from senior management. Most of the time the sole focus is on the current quarter. Then, senior management forgets they told you to do something last quarter which impacted the current quarter.

Need to better understand the market place and the overall changes to the healthcare industry. The days of being over 35% EBIT margin are over. Senior management needs to start communicating to the investment community of these changes are adjust expectations accordingly. If not, further restructuring will be need to hit short term targets and really hurting long range product development and growth.

Bayer supports their people to develop and offers a ton of opportunity.

Current Employee - Business & Analytics in Whippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Business & Analytics in Whippany, NJ

I have been working at Bayer HealthCare full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Extremely dynamic. People are educated and want to be part of something bigger and better. Benefits are very good. Salaries are fair. Managers are very flexible with work schedules. Opportunities are definitely there- you need to do your own networking, and plan for yourself.

Cons

Extreme change management makes working in Matrix Organization very difficult. Work load is heavy. Decisions take forever, and often decisions don't consider the consequences to employees. But I guess it's just business- eh ;)

During change management, rather before change management, ask employees for opinions. Easier to buy in when you are part of the process- rather than ignored and told what changes are and you have NO say.

fruitful short-time project

Current Employee - QC Analyst in Emeryville, CA
    Current Employee - QC Analyst in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at Bayer HealthCare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

pay rate was very well

Cons

not straight-forward enough and target project completed, then let go

be honest

Overall A nice place to work

I have been working at Bayer HealthCare full-time

Pros

Clean place to work
    safe to work
    good benefits across the board
    nice people around the company
    Knowledgeable staff through out the organization

Cons

This is a long drive to work each day. Route twenty eight is a real bear sometimes.

Great quality oriented company

I have been working at Bayer HealthCare

Pros

benefits, flexibility, quality medical products

Cons

work life balance can be challenging

Very challenging to make change happen

Former Employee - Principal Technician in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Principal Technician in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Bayer HealthCare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Compensation / benefits are very good, flexible schedules are very nice to have. Bayer is very good at promoting from within so advancement is attainable.

Cons

Company structuring is horrible, matrixing / silos is the fastest way to not being able to accomplish anything. The different silos don't communicate with each other and you don't know who to turn to for leadership.

Get rid of the matrix corporate structure, it is inefficient and there is no clear leader

V& V Engineer

Current Employee - V & V Engineer in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - V & V Engineer in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Bayer HealthCare as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Very good working culture it is.

Cons

Slow paced but very comfortable working environment

Keep it Up.We love the management