Bayer HealthCare

www.bayerhealthcare.com

Bayer HealthCare Reviews

Updated Jul 13, 2014

Bayer HealthCare Chairman, Board of Management and Executive Committee Jörg Reinhardt

Jörg Reinhardt

Pros
  • The work life balance is great as well as the flexibility(in 21 reviews)

• Great working environment and working relationships(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • The idea that they want us to have a better work life balance is a farce(in 4 reviews)

• Decision making not crisp or supported by logical arguments by middle management(in 5 reviews)

Treated well and paid fairly

Front Line (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsBayer is always about the science and making solid products that the public can trust. It's evident in the culture and people who work here.

ConsSometimes they push a little too hard for more sales but do hope their expectations will become more realistic

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your front line people. If you hired the right ones, they will be straight with you.

A company that focuses on growth

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDuring my time at Bayer, I felt I was able to grow in my position. My manager listed to me and where I wanted to go with my career and took all steps necessary to help me get there.

There is a great focus on work-life balance so you do not feel like you're living at your job or feel bad for taking a day off. A work from home option is provided which is great as well.

ConsI don't have any cons to list.

Decent place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI liked getting Bayer products at the site store for super cheap. Company ran very well and was organized. Adequate staffing.

ConsBenefits were not too great. Compensation was low. Had to leave to get a decent raise. I'm sure there's others.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more in touch and communicate with employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A company that is embracing change in a downturned economy.

ProsMany groups are able to work remotely from home several days a week. There is a good life-work balance from what I can see. Good exposure to senior leadership on a monthly basis.

ConsIt is difficult to make connections outside of your department which leads to a feeling of stagnation. Managers have the power to put a stop to any promotion growth by citing anything they want on a performance review.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more transparent in your decision making processes. The rumor mills are continually validated by outside reporting - it would be nice to hear something a day before it is released to the public.

Review

V&V Engineer (Current Employee) Indianola, PA

ProsNice environment to wrok. iT IS A GOOD PLACE WITH GOOD WOR-LIFE BALANCE. People here are very sweet

ConsBaD WEATHER IN LOCATION.

Working there

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice people and nice campus

ConsBad management and tedious systems

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of Intendis

Company Review

Manager, Regulatory Affairs (Current Employee) Montville, NJ

ProsFlexible working, Good Salary, Good work life balance, many would like to retire in Bayer if they accept being laid back and no career ambition

Consvery German culture, career growth limited

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to keep talents. many get frustrated with limited growth.

Good culture, strong company

QC Analyst I (Current Employee) Berkeley, CA

ProsThe company shows strong signs of growth. Some leaders are exceptional in terms of advocating for their fellows and recognizing their potentials.

ConsIn general, the work culture in Bayer is friendly. The benefit is fair. Promotion could be slow, depend on the management.

Advice to Senior ManagementBoost up decision-making time and try to distribute workload evenly among team members.

Good people to work with

Sales Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsOncology is good place to be.

ConsLimited pipeline for Women's Health

Great company with excellent culture

ProsSomewhat laid-back and family-like culture. Great people. Exceptional leadership. A very successful company with great legacy and lots of room to grow. They care about their employees.

ConsA very German-centric organization that sometimes gets too caught up in processes and the never-ending spiral of planning. Would like to see more innovation.

Worked for Bayer HealthCare? Contribute to the Community!