Bayer Reviews

123 reviews filtered by
3.8
Bayer Chairman & CEO Dr. Marijn Dekkers
Dr. Marijn Dekkers

Pros
  • Work life balance was an abstract concept that in most cases did not apply (in 15 reviews)

• Collegial atmosphere, good pay and benefits (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Need to improve the decision-making process (in 6 reviews)

• immediate senior management should proceed the right culture of the company to the down line (in 4 reviews)

Awesome place to work with great products and people!

I have been working at Bayer

Pros

Great people, great salary, great benefits!! This is a great company to work for with an enthusiastic and challenging atmosphere!!

Cons

Dental coverage could be better, and there needs to be a serious focus on getting products covered on key managed care formularies in the various regions of the country.

Advice to Management

Focus on getting your awesome products on managed care formularies rather than trying to work around them. Having contracted pricing with MCOs is better than being locked out having to get doctors to do prior authorizations for your products.

2. Great company

I have been working at Bayer

Pros

Benefits are good as well as pay

Cons

At times can be stressful

3. Bayer does what bayer wants

Former Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Bayer full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefit package is good, but overpriced because Bayer pays less than other comparable companies. Opportunity to develop and work hard to accomplish goals. Depending on management, the bar can be set high to do innovative things. Good place to start to learn.
    Different Bayer locations have different standards and can get by or excel.

Cons

Probably the most unethical company I've ever worked for and easy to say that I would never work for them again.
    Their HR is a nightmare and if you are not German, good luck getting any sympathy. You can expect any issue you have to not be addressed or treated with any respect.
    People are treated as fodder when it involves profit. They would rather shut down a facility and lay off hundreds if the location (or product) cannot generate the money they want.
    There pipeline relies on other companies utilizing them for their sales force, nothing innovative in the pharmaceutical offerings they have.
    And really, how many uses does aspirin have. Next, you can expect them marketing it as a flavor enhancer for hot dogs.

Advice to Management

Good managers tend to avoid Bayer or at least do not last long. It is a hard and treacherous race to maintain good personnel, especially managers. 100% appears to not be enough for them.

5. AWESOME

Current Employee - Senior IT Analyst in Whippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior IT Analyst in Whippany, NJ

I have been working at Bayer

Pros

I love working at Bayer because they provide with an awesome work environment and tons of nice people who will help you throughout your career.

Cons

There are not many challenges except the times that you have to wake up in the morning to get to work.

Advice to Management

Upper Managment should reconsider the working times so that all workers can spend more quality hours at home and less at work.

6. Although sometimes chaotic, the people and pay were good during college.

Current Employee - Research Technician in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Research Technician in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Bayer full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Bayer offered periodic raises opportunity for advancement. I enjoyed the majority of people at the company although, no place is perfect. The division manager is a rockstar. Intermediate managers are willing to listen to the "little guy". Great and free caffeine sources that are always available. They are very flexible for part time workers.

Cons

Sometimes of the year are very undefined for the company, especially technicians. This will probably improve when they become more established. They don't pay holidays, snow days, or rainouts. If you don't work you don't get paid and there is no paid vacation or benefits.

Advice to Management

Have a more more open dialogue with the technician base, perhaps a suggestion box.

Poor Company Culture

Current Employee - Assembler in Saxonburg, PA
    Current Employee - Assembler in Saxonburg, PA

I have been working at Bayer full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It is an easy job to get through one of several temp agencies, and the work is simple. There is a four day work week.

Cons

A member of upper management here once said "we will work them like dogs" in reference to increasing productivity by changing to a seven day. It is reflective of the culture. Also, in Saxonburg nearly all of the Process Leads are men while majority of the lower workers are women, regardless of tenure with the company. Nobody seems to notice. For the short time I worked there, it felt like stepping back in time.

Advice to Management

Promote women; it's 2015. Include lower level employees in some types of policymaking to prevent potentially abusive management culture.

Pharmaceutical Sales

I have been working at Bayer

Pros

Great pay, culture and senior leadership. Bayer is a flexible company will generally leave their high performing divisions alone,

Cons

I would say Bayer is a conservative culture and has many regulatory processes in place. The company sticks to antiquated metrics.

9. Professional sales consultant

I have been working at Bayer full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Bayer is a global company with excellent brand name recognition and reputation. Average retirement package and disconnected leadership.

Cons

Bayer aspirin is an excellent product with instant brand name recognition but the company has to many internal silos that forget how to apply the quality associated with on product to other business unit products. Each business unit is starving for resources to maximize a competitive product position. German rigidity and slow to innovative with newer technologies to connect customers with the firm. If a suit could describe this organizations leadership attention to detail it would be considered 7 years behind current industry leaders.

Advice to Management

Consistent marketing messaging with strong organizational commitments with not only aspirin but all Bayer portfolio Pharmacueticals would help. Benefit package is average benchmarked to peers and pipeline looks iffy at best long term. The silos at Bayer limit career advancement and middle management is disconnected from clear career pathing to assist with employee development. There appears to be no rewards yo managers to get their employee to the next level.

10. Very nice and friendly work enviornment

Former Employee - SAP Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - SAP Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Bayer

Pros

Friendly office culture, making long and tedious project work easy

Cons

Too much interference from HQ in Germany

Advice to Management

More authority to US management

11. Great values

I worked at Bayer

Pros

Stated corporate values are emphasized throughout the offices. Great people to work with and learn from. I learned a lot and grew professionally.

Cons

My colleagues in marketing worked really long hours and traveled extensively to the point of disrupting family. I've seen times when the hiring process takes more than 4 months. I referred a friend who was never contacted by HR for a role in HR. I contacted HR on their behalf and was unable to find the hiring manager or get any information on the status of the role.

Advice to Management

Continue focusing on patient care and improving people's lives with scientific advances and innovation. Help HR improve their on boarding process.

Bayer Photos