Baylor Health Care System

Baylor Health Care System Reviews in Dallas, TX

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Baylor Health Care System President and CEO Joel T. Allison

Joel T. Allison

Pros
  • Priority on a work / life balance(in 5 reviews)

• Has some very good people scattered throughout the organization(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • opportunity to move to another position can be hindered by current manager(in 4 reviews)

• No one could make a decision, too much red tape(in 3 reviews)

50 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Not bad

Technical Consultant II (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsNot bad work environment. I like it just fine

ConsAll companies have their bad things. They are going through the challenge of health care reform which is hard to deal with.

Medical Education is the worst to work for...

Education Coordinator (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

Prosa pay check every 2 weeks

ConsBad management not opportunities for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication is key.

Good or bad depending on your supervisor.

Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe name, reputation. The benefits. Good core values. I met a lot of really nice people during my time at Baylor.

ConsAwful salaries. Bad managers all over... I had little to no training in the beginning . I also never had my promised 30 and 90 day reviews with my boss. I never knew how I was doing or progressing. I was given little to no opportunity to learn and grow professionally. Worst boss I have evert had- played favortism to the extreme...

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house- get rid of the bad managers and leaders.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Baylor Helpdesk

Help Desk Analyst I (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsVery flexible on the hours I wanted to work; Very helpful when one is trying to further their education

Consmanager imposed her Christianity on all of her employees

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure your managers don't wave their bibles in their employees faces.

BHCS Challenges

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThere a numerous aspects of this business that are a class act. I would go here for healthcare when given the opportunity to choose. It is also an amazing environment where many people have a long history with the company.

ConsThere are some fairly serious challenges as it relates to service prioritization and funding. The authority with which physicians operate outside of direct medical/patient care is difficult to manage at time. As a health system that works to integrate numerous areas there are other areas where too much autonomy is given.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is a need to consider more of the recommendations of non-clinical staff.

Baylor Health Care System in the 21st Century

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThey try to do the right thing.

ConsToo many chiefs. Not enough Indians

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure managers have experience doing what they are supervising

Not a good experience-Baylor Heart and Vascular

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsPuts up a excellent facade

ConsWants you to think like they do. Wants you to sell T- shirts when your workload is too great. Pay isn't competitive. Management/HR does not listen.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your "front lines". They are the ones doing the work.

Analyst

Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsPretty nice coworkers. The benefits are good for a non-profit. Openness to personal issues. All you really need to do is come to work and do your job. Potential for longevity and a bit of every any field within the company if you decide to change job fields.

ConsNo room for advancement in most departments. Someone has to leave and they usually do not promote from within. They are more likely to outsource to contractors or bring in their friends that do not have the job skills. Office politics rules here as within any other large organization. HR is not there to help the employees at all. The pay is not as good as other employers. The raises are based on performance, but they tend set team or group goals so you will not be able to get the best raise. Still not cost of living at any rate.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. Treat them as adults and you would not have such a high turnover. Do not yell at them like they are children. Respect goes a long way. Instead of hiring your friends from outside the company, promote from within and learn how to pay a compliment to those it is due. Employees there for more than a year seem to be treated as work horses and overlooked because they are not brown nosers. It makes them not want to work for someone who would rather have "yes men/women" instead of loyal, hard working employees.

Great Experience in Health Care Public Safety

Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsMany satellite facilities to move around.
    Work for a Law Enforcement Agency.

ConsComplacency very noticeable among coworkers.
    Not much personal growth potential and also no company ladder to advance.
    Department is non revenue generating, always first to make budget cuts.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to move to a bottom up approach to running department.
    Top down management is not working.

Opportunities for employment from various fields and skill set.

Manager (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsJoel Alison is a great leader. Excellent healthcare at the hospitals.

ConsThe large system can feel disjointed.

Worked for Baylor Health Care System? Contribute to the Community!