Baylor University

Baylor University Reviews

Updated Jul 3, 2014

Baylor University President Ken Starr

Ken Starr

Pros
  • The faculty and staff are genuine and open, focused on providing an atmosphere for quality scholarship and personal growth(in 3 reviews)

• Great mission, great people, great experience for an assistantship(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • The pay is only minimum wage since it is work study(in 5 reviews)

• Except for the location (City of Waco), there are no cons worth mentioning(in 7 reviews)

Student Worker

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prossmall working environment which in turn creates friendships beyond the workplace

Consinflexible hours at the dining hall

Very understanding

Marketing and Communications (Current Employee) Waco, TX

ProsAll my bosses have been incredibly willing to talk to me and always make sure I put school first. Sometimes that meant working 4 hours a week, instead of 12.

ConsBecause I am a student, the hourly pay was relatively low. However, it looks good on a resume.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your interns well and set expectations.

Great Place with a Great Mission

Student Worker (Former Employee) Waco, TX

ProsWork study jobs were great professional development to accompany education. Everything was really flexible to work around the student schedule.

ConsMany work study jobs are minimum wage, and with scheduling sometimes hours would be low. Other than that it was great.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Baylor is a good school for people who only want to focus on school.

Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) Waco, TX

ProsPeople are generally honest. There is a lot of opportunity if one just goes out and finds it.

ConsIt is a religious institution. The chapel is VERY VERY cult-like.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing!

Sic'em Bears!

ProsThere are many different types of people that attend Baylor. Great community!

ConsBaylor keeps you in a bubble.

Nice facilties, terrible department

Grad Student (Former Employee) Waco, TX

ProsNice facilities, good nmr machines, nice ms

ConsTerrible organization, long hours, too freaking hot

Good teaching and learning. Campus improvements

ProsThe campus is growing. There has been a lot of investment in developing the infrastructure, as well as, the human resources. Campus life is calm and fun, great for research. Good workout spaces and facilities. Many family activities year round. There are seminars on teaching and learning every semester where professors can share their experience. There is development in campus, new stadium coming Fall 2014

ConsLong working hours, although mostly by choice not necessarily a requirement.

Campus Rec worker

ProsFun and easy on campus job.

Conshard to be promoted and gain responsibility.

Great

Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) Waco, TX

ProsThe facilities are nice, and the people are polite and friendly. Health insurance covered for graduate students who teach or work as a research assistant.

ConsExcept for the location (City of Waco), there are no cons worth mentioning.

True Learning Experience

Student (Current Employee) Waco, TX

ProsGreat facilities, professors, and quality of education. There are plenty of activities to do around campus like kayaking, basketball, running, working out, volleyball etc.

ConsThe campus is not as diversified as it could be and there seems to be a plethora of white fraternities and sororities. And the christianity of the individual professors and students can get to be too overbearing. Oh and the required religion classes are hard as heck.

Advice to Senior ManagementDrop the required religion classes an chapel.

Worked for Baylor University? Contribute to the Community!