Baynote Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.5
Bill Hustad

1. An exciting web technology company promoting team spirit and collective knowledge to provide the best product/services.

Current Employee - Business Analyst in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Baynote

Pros

Weekly team meetings that promote communication through all levels of the business. Individual and team contests to drive a fun, competitive work environment. Opportunities to learn from extremely smart and motivated peers and mentors.

Cons

Training is not optimally structured for over-coming learning curve for employees fairly new to internet technology. Would like to have on-site showers/gym to promote healthy lifestyle.

Advice to Management

Keep looking ahead and driving for our best. Your enthusiasm and focus motivates us to succeed.

Really like the new management team and the changes they are making

I have been working at Baynote

Pros

I have been with the company for a few months now and the changes are excellent. The new leadership team has really made positive changes. I like the new communication style and the energy. We just brought in a new CEO, COO, and VP of Development and they all have great backgrounds. The COO was just put in charge of sales and that was a great change. All of these changes have really made Baynote a lot more fun.

Cons

There is a lot of work to do. In many cases we are being asked to do a lot of things that we were not hired to do and so we don't do any of them well. The facilities aren't great, but they also improved them a lot recently. I don't like open cubicles and it can be noisy sometimes. Sales and marketing are upstairs now and they are in big cubes. That may be worse.

Advice to Management

The team huddles are very important. I like knowing what is going on and having the leadership team treat us all as part of the team. This year is off to a great start.

3. Love the people, great management-innovative, creative forward thinkers

I have been working at Baynote

Pros

New CEO, COO /VP of Sales - changing how we do business. Great vibe - making waves the competition wont even see coming....

Cons

Not located in Santana Row, need a gym and shower facilities. Need more choices in the break room. Too much junk food, not enough healthy snacks.

Advice to Management

Keep the communication coming. It makes the team work harder when we all know what's on the path in front of us.

5. Highly Intelligent and Friendly Group

I have been working at Baynote

Pros

Wokring at Baynote has been one of the best experiences in my professional career. The caliber of the employees is impressive. I get to work with some of the brightest people in the Valley who have a unique combination of great intelligence and friendliness that you just don't see every day in the Software Industry. Everyone is very approachable from the Admins to the CEO. I've definitely found a second home here and would recommend friends/colleagues here in a heartbeat.

Cons

None- I mean it's still a job, of course I'd rather be outside : )

Advice to Management

Keep up the open communication. Really feel like a part of what's happening.

6. Fantastic company!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at Baynote full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smart people-no really, I mean it. Great executive team. Fun social events. On-site (nice) gym with showers. Technology is very cool..customers actually $ee the uplift in sales. Open and collaborative atmosphere-- a start-up feel with just the right amount of processes and procedures.

Cons

Office location was too far away from my home.

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency..the employees feel valued and informed. Employees like the Brown bag lunches with the executives, they should be offered a few times a month.

I love Baynote!

I have been working at Baynote full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great product innovation differentiating us from the competition. Great people to work with- smart and positive!

Cons

Negative people who were let go or fired have left disingenuous reviews here in order to hurt those hardworkers who remain.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Startups are for Grownups

I have been working at Baynote full-time

Pros

It's rewarding to see new features rolling out and to work with a lot of dedicated people. The technology and the growth potential are exciting. Professionally, Baynote is a great place to add skills, take on greater responsibility, and take a direct role in building something great.

Cons

Startups are hard work. Everyone needs to stretch themselves and find ways to do more. But if that's really a con, consider a different line of work.

Advice to Management

Continue to recognize the efforts of these great teams and keep pushing forward.

9. A good company on its way to greatness

I have been working at Baynote

Pros

Excellent people, from individual contributors to the executive team. Genuinely nice people to work with. A very interesting product. Great customers. The company is not an early stage startup, yet moves pretty fast, trying to address its many challenges.

Cons

The company is in transition, so some degree of chaos is present. People who like everything to be in perfect order will not find this an easy environment.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring great people. Keep communicating with the team. Don't worry too much about company culture - it's pretty good already!

10. Fast growing company with lots of opportunity and a collaborative work environment.

I have been working at Baynote

Pros

Baynote is a fast growing silicon valley startup. It is a fun place to work with all kinds of interesting people from startups, ecommerce and enterprise software companies. Senior management is very experienced and taking the company in a good direction with lots of potential.

Cons

Fast growing startups have a lot of work to do with many things that need to be done and often not enough people to do everything, which can be frustrating sometimes.

Advice to Management

Execute, execute, execute...

Have a voice.

I have been working at Baynote

Pros

Baynote is a place where you can really have a voice in the company, and people really appreciate your ideas. Many people have advanced very quickly, and we have a small, friendly group that’s casual and fun.

Cons

Nothing I can think of.

RSS Feed </> Embed