Bayou City Broadcasting

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

DuJuan McCoy

This is a small company that offers great training in media. Not for those don't want to work and learn. No freeloaders

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Angelo, TX

ProsBayou City purchased stations in January 2008 during tough economic times and they weathered the storm. Small company with very little corporate politics. The Owner is a fast paced ambitious winner who is hands on. Gives employees autonomy to spread their wings. Station management is majority local folks. Owner has invested tons of money in upgrading facility and on air look. As the company grew benefits got better. Started with Health Insurance (previous company had none) now they are doing a 401K plan. Very nice for a small company. They also do formal annual reviews annually so that you know exactly where you stand in your position.

ConsVery little tolerance for poor work ethic employees. The company runs very lean and everyone has to pull their own weight. Pay is average for the area they serve but low compared to other markets.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep growing the company as you have been. Keep adding benefits and tools to do our jobs just as you have been.

Sneaky, Manipulative, and Deceptive.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Angelo, TX

ProsMY base salary was decent for my job. I was given a fair amount of freedom in my own work environment to make it what I could.

ConsIt is a very small company and the "majority of upper management" has very little management experience and is not good at dealing with people. There are more than a few "shady" practices that go on within the company. They have no interest in investing in people and helping their employees grow. The general thought is that people are disposable; if one person isnt working out, get rid of them and find someone else instead of trying to help that person grow or even offering them some training.
    I would advise anyone thinking about a job here to just turn around and forget that you ever heard of it.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake an interest in your employees, invest in their careers and they will be much happier to make the sacrifices for you that you so erragantly assume will be made anyway. Offer some training when an employee requests it.

Worked for Bayou City Broadcasting? Contribute to the Community!