Bayshore Solutions

Bayshore Solutions Reviews

Updated November 4, 2014
Updated November 4, 2014

Kevin Hourigan

Innovative, fast paced, forward-thinking company with new ideas and provide growth opportunities.

I have been working at Bayshore Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

One of few companies I know of that uses current technologies! Our clients hire us knowing this and its great to know that what we're doing is appreciated and the results to our clients are amazing! Working with this smart team helps me learn more every day!

Cons

It's a fast paced agency world here. If you don't like things moving fast and changing it's probably not the place for you.

Keep moving forward! The new benefits that just started are great and much appreciated! Flex Friday program is very nice to have!

It's not the place for you

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Bayshore Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I made some great friends and the pay was decent.

Cons

So many. Uninspiring and incompetent leaders and employees, negative atmosphere, too much emphasis on budgets and time tracking, never enough time to deliver quality work, and cookie-cutter clients who don't want to take risks. Bottom line, you'll get sucked in because you like some of the people you work with, but everyone is miserable and fantasizes about leaving. Misery loves company has never been truer than it is here. It eventually sucks the life out of you. I can credit Bayshore Solutions for helping me hit my emotional rock bottom and seeking help.

The CEO's heart is in buying and selling speedboats and sports cars, not digital technology. He needs to sell the company to someone who inspires and innovates and that person needs to get rid of most everyone and start over. The foundation of the company is weak and will cause the company to crumble.

Not terrible but not the best...just feels "blah"

Former Employee - Account Associate in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Account Associate in Tampa, FL

I worked at Bayshore Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nothing too difficult or long hours. Just kind of okay here.

Cons

I really dont feel like I lend great value to our clients. I would like to do something more- and more inspiring- with the results I know we can have. And gossip. Too much gossip.

Stop pretending we are everything to everyone. There are some things we really aren't good at. Not trying to slam the company so wont list them but I think we really need to focus on the things we do well and refer clients elsewhere on the stuff we can't deliver. We are overpriced in the market

Top Agency with Top Talent

Current Employee - Vice President in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Vice President in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Bayshore Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I came to Bayshore Solutions about a year and a half ago. Once thing I was immediately impressed with was how smart and friendly everyone was. There is plenty of opportunity here for those who have the drive to pursue it and are willing to work with others to achieve it. It is a customer driven environment and you can tell all of the staff including management cares about meeting our customers' needs. If you want to learn about how a business works Bayshore is a great place to do so because management is extremely transparent about sales and revenues. Every month there is a company town hall and all the numbers are shared freely.

Cons

You will not be bored at Bayshore Solutions. The Agency works with huge brands in all verticals and is the only true interactive agency still thriving in the market. With this comes agency pressures because customers have needs and the industry of internet digital services is only 19 years old. Things move fast. Some people just can't keep up or have passions elsewhere. One interesting fact about the people who have left is they almost always move on to management positions at other companies with titles that would be considered a promotion. Experience at Bayshore Solutions is considered very valuable in the marketplace.

The addition of an HR department has really been helpful to work towards greater employee satisfaction as the company grows. I like the focus on employee satisfaction because engaged staff is able to service the clients at a higher level.

Amazing experience from a Developer at Bayshore that has really been allowed to keep on top of his game!

Current Employee - Senior Web Developer in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Web Developer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Bayshore Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have been at Bayshore for nearly two years. As a developer at Bayshore, I am always challenged to try new and innovative solutions when developing websites that you can truly be proud of. You will always be trying something new and you have the freedom to really be creative, explore, and develop innovative solutions. Much of the time you will be on the cutting edge of technology as the industry and development practices change (Developers even have a weekly training showcase to learn from either training videos or each other). It is a faced paced environment and expectations are that you can spin up fairly quickly, but there are lots of other experienced developers to help with questions and any quick challenges that you may need answers to.

The health benefits at the company are some of the best I have seen from any company.

The recent addition of a HR Director has also brought in a new level of employee focus and growth in culture.

All the people are great to work with and we just have a great time working together to get things done.

Cons

It is a fast paced environment and as a developer on occasion expect some challenges in solving solutions that can be daunting. However, isn't this how a developer grows? There is allot to learn. Plus some communication problems can crop up occasionally, but if you keep the lines completely open, this shouldn't be much of a problem.

Keep solidly focused on the continued growth of culture, training, and communication.

Great Company to Work For - Terrific People and Dedicated Leaders!!!!

Current Employee - Human Resources Director in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Human Resources Director in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Bayshore Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I was hired as the HR Director for Bayshore Solutions back in November 2013. We are a fast paced, hardworking, driven organization that puts our customers and employees first in everything that we do. Like every company in our industry, we are driven by deadlines, and at times, this can be stressful for our employees. Can we be demanding and expect the best from our staff? Absolutely, our customers expect this from us and we want to deliver for them and for ourselves. Some may have defined us by being a sweatshop, but I can say, without a doubt, we are far from that, we are actually just a busy place of work, who are here to serve our customers and help them grow their business. We encourage our employees to share their opinions and have even put together an anonymous employee suggestion box for those that feel more comfortable sharing it that way. Our CEO is front and center, getting involved in all areas of our business. He knows each of our employees and truly cares about their professional development. Training, making Bayshore a great place to work, and high, quality deliverables are at the top of his to-do list. We welcome feedback from all channels, both the positive and the negative and take actions to enhance our overall working environment every chance we get. I am proud to say that I am a member of this terrific team.

Cons

As mentioned above, we are a fast-paced, busy environment, which can create stress at times. The employees at Bayshore Solutions are top notch and want to deliver high-quality deliverable to our clients. We all put stress on ourselves when we want to deliver results. We have venues to relieve that stress through our culture committee, which helps to create and maintain "fun" throughout the day. A corn hole game, X-Box station, potlucks, birthday celebrations, in office chair massages (through an outside vendor), and this month's participation of National Ice Cream day are just a few of the activities in which we offer opportunities to unwind.

Continue to listen to our employees. We're making great strides. There's no better time to be a part of Bayshore Solutions than now. Thank you for all that you do!!!!

Beware.....

I have been working at Bayshore Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are a lot of nice people here but sadly they get taken advantage of.

Cons

Management has asked multiple employees to write positive reviews about Bayshore Solutions. All of the reviews that are positive on this review site are not real. It is absolutely pathetic that they are not working on having a positive work environment but instead they are creating false reviews about themselves. It is unethical to have upper management write positive reviews. I am looking for a job everyday as I need to get out of this environment. DO NOT WORK HERE. There is nothing good about this place.

Always happy to be a part of Bayshore Solutions.

I have been working at Bayshore Solutions

Pros

This is a very solid agency with dedicated leadership and great coworkers!
    Bayshore Solutions works very hard at being the best at what they do as an agency to their clients, hands down! They always go above and beyond to make sure the client is satisfied and the job requirement is fulfilled.
    Leadership is dedicated and they treat their employees with respect and gratitude.
    The daily work environment is very professional, but busy. You can wear jeans or dress up if you want. Coworkers are very nice and are all hard working. There are plenty of employee benefits that are provided to an employee. Lots of fun too!

Cons

I do not have anything to complain about with the leadership or the agency.

It is inevitable that someone may have a bad day here or there, but that is normal in any job or company.
    If someone has a negative mind, then there is no way to see things in a positive way no matter what anyone can do or does to help them change that.
    I just want to say thank you for everything that you do and for offering such a great place to work at.
    Keep doing what you are doing!

work here only if it is your last and only choice

I worked at Bayshore Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

i loved working with my teammates and still am in touch with the people at my same level. there are some good people that want to improve their situations. the free lunches at town hall and lunch and learn are nice along with an occasional fun activity.

Cons

there are so many that you would not find at a good company. the CEO is constantly trying to sell you and pull the wool over your eyes. the vp says one thing in team meetings and then does the opposite when working one on one. you are not allowed to work from home, which is ridiculous for an internet company. every minute of your day must be documented in their software which leaves ZERO room for training or creativity. you do not even get a laptop so that they can keep you anchored to the office. project managers are constantly forced to bill clients for mistakes that we made, which does not seem right in my opinion. there is a culture of more and more revenue at the cost of doing what is right.

if you are looking to retain top talent, pay more upfront and do not promise what you cannot deliver. involve the staff more in decisions that effect company growth. less cliches and metaphors, as that comes off as salesy and we do not need to be sold to. the vps should have greater ability to make decisions for the team even if contrary to what the CEO wants.

high turnover + low employee morale = bad place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Bayshore Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

*very talented group of employees (not management)
    * free lunch twice a month (if you are lucky)
    * birthday cake once a month
    * free water and the water cooler talks to the CEO. the water cooler tells the CEO what the employees are talking about in the kitchen
    * every event they do is posted on social media to share how "fun" they really are
    * create a committee for everything you can think of and you listen to your coworkers excellent ideas, only to watch that precious time get thrown down the drain

Cons

* upper management does not care about employees
    * upper management and direct managers do not trust employees as "subject matter experts"
    * poor leadership
    * management is cliquey
    * no investment in training employees
    * lack of company culture
    * no innovation, no collaboration, no growth, no respect, no integrity... (5 bayshore "values")
    * care way to much about recording your time
    * treats employees like they are incompetent
    * no room for career growth or promotion
     *they sell you in, then change the rules once they have you
    * unrealistic sales goals for employees
    * chaos runs the day, be prepared to be stressed the moment you walk in the door... you will be taken advantage of and asked to do things that do not pertain to your "job description"
    * bonus system is a JOKE
    * toxic environment, be prepared to have an ulcer your first week of work

Bayshore Solutions wants to get the job done fast whether or not they give employees the proper tools to get the job done. They lie to customers" about price, over charge customers for services, and only care about the money and getting a sale.

make a plan and stick to it. listen to your employees who actually have an idea of what they are doing. they have knowledge. stop letting sales make outlandish promises that cannot possibly be delivered not only to your customers but especially your employees. without your employees you have NOTHING.

gain control of your egomaniac department heads and get rid of the ones who cause more havoc.

Bayshore Solutions Photos