www.baysidesolutions.com

3.2

Bob Klotz

Review

I worked at Bayside Solutions

Pros

Nice people to work with

Cons

to much poltics ongoing even to the smallest group/shift

Run as far as you can

I worked at Bayside Solutions

Pros

There are two pros for working at bayside. 1. they hire all new college grads so the social aspect of the work is fun. 2. you learn very quickly what a failing company looks like so when you begin your search for your next role, you know exactly what to avoid.

Cons

When they first hire you, they tell you what a great commission structure the team has and talk about the endless money you can make. Reality is that you are paid in peanuts, on a probation period for 3 months where you receive no benefits and their commission structure is a joke.

There is so much drama between upper management and recruiters that expect a weekly meeting with the company where they tell you someone was let go or someone quit and they are constantly "restructuring the organization"

You can tell the people who have been there longer than 4 months because they are the ones who have zero life in them anymore and they look depressed. This company sucks the life out of you and no its not the job.. its the actual company.

They are constantly talking about the turnover in the company but fail to really understand why the turnover is happening. They really believe that agency recruiting is for you or it isnt.. but reality is Bayside isnt for anyone.

I was shocked when i switched companies and saw what a real organization was and how a successful company was run and that coming to work was actually fun. Stay far away from this place

The best advice i could give management would be to hire someone who is in HR and have them really tell you what is wrong with your company. its not that your an agency and you are constantly hiring people who "arent cut out for the agency world" its that your company is a joke and you are going no where fast. Figure out what it will take for you to be a successful company and really understand and listen to the reasons why people are leaving.

Any good review you see on here is from someone in management because everyone who has worked at bayside has nothing good to say about the company.

Things Have Changed

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Bayside Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I read through a lot of these reviews and wanted to clear some negative ones that were written last year. There was a huge change in management and this decision has made the company amazing. Management has strived to have a very open and fun environment. You put in what you get out- if you want to leave at 5pm you don't get starred at in judgement anymore, they actually encourage you to go home and rest for the next day. People who are in management, now, actually care for your well being.

Your team wants you to succeed- if company culture is more important than career advancement then this is the perfect fit for you.

Cons

Don't expect to be promoted after being there 8-12 months- it takes time- expect to be a recruiter for 1 year and 6 months to 2 years.

This job is like a rollercoaster- you have your highs and a lot of lows.

A lot of promises are made, but not followed through.

Don't promise promotions- "You shouldn't be in the recruiter chair for more than 8 months"-- everyone who has been promoted has been in the recruiter chair for 1.5 years- 2 years. You will hear a lot of "We are growing fast"- but it takes 1.5 years for them to make a decision.

It was a good run

Current Employee - NOC Engineer in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - NOC Engineer in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Bayside Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They give job opportunities with less experience in the field.

Cons

Projects doesn't last that long and no fall back.

I have been working at Bayside Solutions

Pros

helps with finding work, care about there employees, good pay, paid holidays & close by

Cons

no benefits, contract service, dont feel like you belong, dont listen to the employe & they seem a little fake

listen to what people want

Looking back

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Bayside Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I worked at Bayside Solutions for several years and rode the rollercoaster. It was my first job out of college and I didn't know what bad, good or great looked like. Comparing my current employer to Bayside Solutions, the grass is greener in many ways.

The positive remarks I can give on this is company is that if you have the grit and guts to survive you can handle almost anything. This is a boiler room and it takes a lot of self motivation and drive to push through the BS. If you can walk away from this company successful with something to show for it, you will find it a great foundation for your future career. If you let this place chew you up and spit you out it can be hard to pick yourself up again.

I would also like to make the disclamer that agency recruiting is never easy. It never slows down, there are very short timeframes in which you celebrate and there is always more work to do. This is not unique to Bayside Solutions. This type of job is a lot of hard work. Many people can only handle an outside agency environment for less than 3 years before they burn out and go internal with an organization. The reason recruiters chose to work with an agency or firm versus taking an internal role are almost always centered around the fact that you have the opportunity to make a whole lot more money with an agency. If you arent motivated by money then don't bother working here.

I would recommend this company to a friend looking for an entry level job, but I would set their expectations. I would also have strong opinions on which departments are best to work under.

Cons

The environment and culture at Bayside is one that rules by fear and whip cracking. The culture does not foster collaboration, thought leadership or apprenticeship.

Recruiting is an apprenticeship business. To be a successful recruiter you need to learn from those above you and be properly mentored. There are some decent mentors at Bayside, but not many, and to their disadvantage many of them have been at Bayside Solutions for a very long time and only have one perspective on how to approach problems or do things. If you want to survive here, seek out a mentor and latch on to them. Do not get sucked in to the toxic culture around you and focus on building your brand and achieving something. Survive here and you can go on to do so much more.

The company was improving when I left. I hope that they have continued to improve and will get better ratings as time goes on. And yes, I can verify that several of the good reviews on this page were doctored by management that is fortunately no longer with the business. There was also a toxic culture problem which I think has been cleared up for the most part.

There are many good people here who I like and respect, but the environment is tough to endorse. This is a tough business to be in and the combination of poor leadership and immature culture are the critical elements that are hindering the successful growth of this business internally. Bayside has a good value prop and good customers, they also have pretty good salespeople. I hope they can continue to improve in these two critical areas.

This company needs an HR department in a major way. Not stodgy sleepy HR, but good progressive Silicon Valley HR that can drive this company in the right direction. For a recuiting company, that kind of HR talent shouldn't be hard to find in the Valley. Take a look at Workday across the street.

Do not promise Cabo in a year. Set realistic expectations for your employees.
    Find ways to foster collaboration and thought leadership.
    Scare tactics are not effective management tools. Encourage and promote. If someone is falling behind find ways to make them successful instead of pushing them out the door.

Overall a very good work experience.

Current Employee - Pkroject Tech in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Pkroject Tech in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Bayside Solutions part-time (less than a year)

Pros

They havee been providing a steady flow of projects.

Cons

Sometimes slow to respond to calls.

Lots of opportunities for those who work hard with solid attitudes!

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Bayside Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This is an easy job. You have to be able to learn quickly and develop strong relationships with everyone that you meet. We are in a great place right now with our growth as well and there are lots of opportunities to advance. We have great people that work here and because we are small, the people that work here matter; at all levels.

I really our managers that are here and I think that most of the negative reviews have been from people who just did not want to work hard or have had such negative attitudes that it has effected performance. That is not what our company stands for nor the environment that our managers like us to work in.

That being said, if you are the type of person that truly would like to take your job head on, work hard, and make great money, this is for you. If you just want promotions handed to you or the easy way to the top, you are not going to find that at Bayside Solutions.

Cons

The hardest part about working here are the changes. There is a high turn-over rate in staffing, because it is either right for you, or its not.

We are continuing to grow and with that growth comes growing pains. I have been here for over 1 year and strongly believe that we are a great company. I think that management does a great job engaging people and working to create opportunity.

If I can give one piece of criticism, it would be to develop a better line of communication between all parts of the company. I believe that is something that we are working towards and it is very apparent that this is a goal we are looking to meet this year.

lies and propaganda

Former Employee - Recruiter in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Bayside Solutions full-time

Pros

-the experience boosts my resume
    -good looking female coworkers

Cons

-like working for a company in the USSR or Nazi Germany
    -the managers are all liars
    -they lie to recruiters about promotions that do not exist
    -working 12 hour days
    -no one likes working here which makes it more depressing
    -management ALWAYS writes fake reviews on glassdoor giving the company "5 stars" and "good reviews". I've seen managers constantly looking at this glassdoor page and I even caught a manager writing a fake review trying to make the company look better/ All of the good reviews for this company are fake and written by the company's managers.

-just shut the company down and do yourselves a favor because you will never listen or change

Great Company to work for

Current Employee - Recruiter in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Bayside Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Bayside Solutions is a great company to work for. I have been recruiting for a year and love coming into work every day. There is so much opportunity for career growth here at Bayside Solutions that I feel really fortunate to have fond this company. The company encourages their employees to let others know what they want out of their career. They let your voice be herd so that others can help you attain your career goals. Management also has an open door policy which is nice and I feel like they have my best interest in mind. I’m excited and proud to be a part of this fast growing organization.

Cons

I really don’t have any cons to speak of. Bayside Solutions gives me all of the tools and support I need to be successful.