Bayside Solutions Reviews

Updated April 9, 2015
29 reviews filtered by
3.1
Bob Klotz

1. Great company to work for.

I have been working at Bayside Solutions

Pros

Fair compensation, good treatment, honest.

Cons

Job variety and availability, smaller company

Advice to Management

Check in with employees more often.

2. AT&T Mobility Administrative support

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

I worked at Bayside Solutions

Pros

small group of people that are contracted by AT&T, The staff I work with was was great, enjoyed going to work because of them.

Cons

Working for bayside there is no security at this employment, at any given time you will get laid off It's all contract work & they don't hire you on permanent employee .

3. I worked at Bayside Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Willing to train people right out of school, so it is a great opportunity to get into recruiting and sales as a new college grad.

Cons

It was not a good environment, the AE's are not afraid to yell at the recruiters and the management did nothing to change this.

Advice to Management

Put more trust in your employees and allow them to bring up new ideas and follow through on those.
    Find a way to lessen the amount of drama and gossip around the office - it is toxic.
    Only make promises that are realistic and keep the promises that you do make.

5. A Joke

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Bayside Solutions

Pros

Nothing. at. all. Besides your one hour lunch break.

Cons

This company is a complete joke. They really just need to close shop. They treat people who have been with the company for years like absolute crap (probably why the ones who had been there for years are all now GONE!) If you are fresh out of college and are desperate for a job, than take it. Otherwise save yourself and keep searching. You dont get paid overtime and the commission structure sucks. Be prepared to hate your life if you choose to work here. I feel bad for people that accept a position for Bayside. Read the reviews, they are true - its not a bunch of disgruntled employees, its honest feedback.
    They probably have maybe 4 people that have been with the company for more than a year - the turnover here is insane - probable somewhere in the 90th percentile.
    DONT WORK HERE!

Advice to Management

Shut it down

6. Review

I worked at Bayside Solutions

Pros

Nice people to work with

Cons

to much poltics ongoing even to the smallest group/shift

7. Run as far as you can

I worked at Bayside Solutions

Pros

There are two pros for working at bayside. 1. they hire all new college grads so the social aspect of the work is fun. 2. you learn very quickly what a failing company looks like so when you begin your search for your next role, you know exactly what to avoid.

Cons

When they first hire you, they tell you what a great commission structure the team has and talk about the endless money you can make. Reality is that you are paid in peanuts, on a probation period for 3 months where you receive no benefits and their commission structure is a joke.

There is so much drama between upper management and recruiters that expect a weekly meeting with the company where they tell you someone was let go or someone quit and they are constantly "restructuring the organization"

You can tell the people who have been there longer than 4 months because they are the ones who have zero life in them anymore and they look depressed. This company sucks the life out of you and no its not the job.. its the actual company.

They are constantly talking about the turnover in the company but fail to really understand why the turnover is happening. They really believe that agency recruiting is for you or it isnt.. but reality is Bayside isnt for anyone.

I was shocked when i switched companies and saw what a real organization was and how a successful company was run and that coming to work was actually fun. Stay far away from this place

Advice to Management

The best advice i could give management would be to hire someone who is in HR and have them really tell you what is wrong with your company. its not that your an agency and you are constantly hiring people who "arent cut out for the agency world" its that your company is a joke and you are going no where fast. Figure out what it will take for you to be a successful company and really understand and listen to the reasons why people are leaving.

Any good review you see on here is from someone in management because everyone who has worked at bayside has nothing good to say about the company.

Things Have Changed

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Bayside Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I read through a lot of these reviews and wanted to clear some negative ones that were written last year. There was a huge change in management and this decision has made the company amazing. Management has strived to have a very open and fun environment. You put in what you get out- if you want to leave at 5pm you don't get starred at in judgement anymore, they actually encourage you to go home and rest for the next day. People who are in management, now, actually care for your well being.

Your team wants you to succeed- if company culture is more important than career advancement then this is the perfect fit for you.

Cons

Don't expect to be promoted after being there 8-12 months- it takes time- expect to be a recruiter for 1 year and 6 months to 2 years.

This job is like a rollercoaster- you have your highs and a lot of lows.

Advice to Management

A lot of promises are made, but not followed through.

Don't promise promotions- "You shouldn't be in the recruiter chair for more than 8 months"-- everyone who has been promoted has been in the recruiter chair for 1.5 years- 2 years. You will hear a lot of "We are growing fast"- but it takes 1.5 years for them to make a decision.

9. It was a good run

Current Employee - NOC Engineer in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - NOC Engineer in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Bayside Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They give job opportunities with less experience in the field.

Cons

Projects doesn't last that long and no fall back.

Looking back

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Bayside Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked at Bayside Solutions for several years and rode the rollercoaster. It was my first job out of college and I didn't know what bad, good or great looked like. Comparing my current employer to Bayside Solutions, the grass is greener in many ways.

The positive remarks I can give on this is company is that if you have the grit and guts to survive you can handle almost anything. This is a boiler room and it takes a lot of self motivation and drive to push through the BS. If you can walk away from this company successful with something to show for it, you will find it a great foundation for your future career. If you let this place chew you up and spit you out it can be hard to pick yourself up again.

I would also like to make the disclamer that agency recruiting is never easy. It never slows down, there are very short timeframes in which you celebrate and there is always more work to do. This is not unique to Bayside Solutions. This type of job is a lot of hard work. Many people can only handle an outside agency environment for less than 3 years before they burn out and go internal with an organization. The reason recruiters chose to work with an agency or firm versus taking an internal role are almost always centered around the fact that you have the opportunity to make a whole lot more money with an agency. If you arent motivated by money then don't bother working here.

I would recommend this company to a friend looking for an entry level job, but I would set their expectations. I would also have strong opinions on which departments are best to work under.

Cons

The environment and culture at Bayside is one that rules by fear and whip cracking. The culture does not foster collaboration, thought leadership or apprenticeship.

Recruiting is an apprenticeship business. To be a successful recruiter you need to learn from those above you and be properly mentored. There are some decent mentors at Bayside, but not many, and to their disadvantage many of them have been at Bayside Solutions for a very long time and only have one perspective on how to approach problems or do things. If you want to survive here, seek out a mentor and latch on to them. Do not get sucked in to the toxic culture around you and focus on building your brand and achieving something. Survive here and you can go on to do so much more.

The company was improving when I left. I hope that they have continued to improve and will get better ratings as time goes on. And yes, I can verify that several of the good reviews on this page were doctored by management that is fortunately no longer with the business. There was also a toxic culture problem which I think has been cleared up for the most part.

There are many good people here who I like and respect, but the environment is tough to endorse. This is a tough business to be in and the combination of poor leadership and immature culture are the critical elements that are hindering the successful growth of this business internally. Bayside has a good value prop and good customers, they also have pretty good salespeople. I hope they can continue to improve in these two critical areas.

Advice to Management

This company needs an HR department in a major way. Not stodgy sleepy HR, but good progressive Silicon Valley HR that can drive this company in the right direction. For a recuiting company, that kind of HR talent shouldn't be hard to find in the Valley. Take a look at Workday across the street.

Do not promise Cabo in a year. Set realistic expectations for your employees.
    Find ways to foster collaboration and thought leadership.
    Scare tactics are not effective management tools. Encourage and promote. If someone is falling behind find ways to make them successful instead of pushing them out the door.

11. Bayside Solutions

I have been working at Bayside Solutions

Pros

helps with finding work, care about there employees, good pay, paid holidays & close by

Cons

no benefits, contract service, dont feel like you belong, dont listen to the employe & they seem a little fake

Advice to Management

listen to what people want