www.baysidesolutions.com

Updated May 23, 2014
3.1

Bob Klotz

I have been working at Bayside Solutions

Pros

helps with finding work, care about there employees, good pay, paid holidays & close by

Cons

no benefits, contract service, dont feel like you belong, dont listen to the employe & they seem a little fake

listen to what people want

Looking back

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Bayside Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I worked at Bayside Solutions for several years and rode the rollercoaster. It was my first job out of college and I didn't know what bad, good or great looked like. Comparing my current employer to Bayside Solutions, the grass is greener in many ways.

The positive remarks I can give on this is company is that if you have the grit and guts to survive you can handle almost anything. This is a boiler room and it takes a lot of self motivation and drive to push through the BS. If you can walk away from this company successful with something to show for it, you will find it a great foundation for your future career. If you let this place chew you up and spit you out it can be hard to pick yourself up again.

I would also like to make the disclamer that agency recruiting is never easy. It never slows down, there are very short timeframes in which you celebrate and there is always more work to do. This is not unique to Bayside Solutions. This type of job is a lot of hard work. Many people can only handle an outside agency environment for less than 3 years before they burn out and go internal with an organization. The reason recruiters chose to work with an agency or firm versus taking an internal role are almost always centered around the fact that you have the opportunity to make a whole lot more money with an agency. If you arent motivated by money then don't bother working here.

I would recommend this company to a friend looking for an entry level job, but I would set their expectations. I would also have strong opinions on which departments are best to work under.

Cons

The environment and culture at Bayside is one that rules by fear and whip cracking. The culture does not foster collaboration, thought leadership or apprenticeship.

Recruiting is an apprenticeship business. To be a successful recruiter you need to learn from those above you and be properly mentored. There are some decent mentors at Bayside, but not many, and to their disadvantage many of them have been at Bayside Solutions for a very long time and only have one perspective on how to approach problems or do things. If you want to survive here, seek out a mentor and latch on to them. Do not get sucked in to the toxic culture around you and focus on building your brand and achieving something. Survive here and you can go on to do so much more.

The company was improving when I left. I hope that they have continued to improve and will get better ratings as time goes on. And yes, I can verify that several of the good reviews on this page were doctored by management that is fortunately no longer with the business. There was also a toxic culture problem which I think has been cleared up for the most part.

There are many good people here who I like and respect, but the environment is tough to endorse. This is a tough business to be in and the combination of poor leadership and immature culture are the critical elements that are hindering the successful growth of this business internally. Bayside has a good value prop and good customers, they also have pretty good salespeople. I hope they can continue to improve in these two critical areas.

This company needs an HR department in a major way. Not stodgy sleepy HR, but good progressive Silicon Valley HR that can drive this company in the right direction. For a recuiting company, that kind of HR talent shouldn't be hard to find in the Valley. Take a look at Workday across the street.

Do not promise Cabo in a year. Set realistic expectations for your employees.
    Find ways to foster collaboration and thought leadership.
    Scare tactics are not effective management tools. Encourage and promote. If someone is falling behind find ways to make them successful instead of pushing them out the door.

Overall a very good work experience.

Current Employee - Pkroject Tech in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Pkroject Tech in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Bayside Solutions part-time (less than an year)

Pros

They havee been providing a steady flow of projects.

Cons

Sometimes slow to respond to calls.

Lots of opportunities for those who work hard with solid attitudes!

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Bayside Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is an easy job. You have to be able to learn quickly and develop strong relationships with everyone that you meet. We are in a great place right now with our growth as well and there are lots of opportunities to advance. We have great people that work here and because we are small, the people that work here matter; at all levels.

I really our managers that are here and I think that most of the negative reviews have been from people who just did not want to work hard or have had such negative attitudes that it has effected performance. That is not what our company stands for nor the environment that our managers like us to work in.

That being said, if you are the type of person that truly would like to take your job head on, work hard, and make great money, this is for you. If you just want promotions handed to you or the easy way to the top, you are not going to find that at Bayside Solutions.

Cons

The hardest part about working here are the changes. There is a high turn-over rate in staffing, because it is either right for you, or its not.

We are continuing to grow and with that growth comes growing pains. I have been here for over 1 year and strongly believe that we are a great company. I think that management does a great job engaging people and working to create opportunity.

If I can give one piece of criticism, it would be to develop a better line of communication between all parts of the company. I believe that is something that we are working towards and it is very apparent that this is a goal we are looking to meet this year.

lies and propaganda

Former Employee - Recruiter in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Bayside Solutions full-time

Pros

-the experience boosts my resume
    -good looking female coworkers

Cons

-like working for a company in the USSR or Nazi Germany
    -the managers are all liars
    -they lie to recruiters about promotions that do not exist
    -working 12 hour days
    -no one likes working here which makes it more depressing
    -management ALWAYS writes fake reviews on glassdoor giving the company "5 stars" and "good reviews". I've seen managers constantly looking at this glassdoor page and I even caught a manager writing a fake review trying to make the company look better/ All of the good reviews for this company are fake and written by the company's managers.

-just shut the company down and do yourselves a favor because you will never listen or change

Great Company to work for

I have been working at Bayside Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Bayside Solutions is a great company to work for. I have been recruiting for a year and love coming into work every day. There is so much opportunity for career growth here at Bayside Solutions that I feel really fortunate to have fond this company. The company encourages their employees to let others know what they want out of their career. They let your voice be herd so that others can help you attain your career goals. Management also has an open door policy which is nice and I feel like they have my best interest in mind. I’m excited and proud to be a part of this fast growing organization.

Cons

I really don’t have any cons to speak of. Bayside Solutions gives me all of the tools and support I need to be successful.

Id rather cut off my pinky toe then work at this soul sucking company

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter

I worked at Bayside Solutions (more than an year)

Pros

the day you finally are done with this place

Cons

sexist, racist, not paid overtime even though you work 12 hours a day and are told to stay late, upper management is a joke, and there are "rats" in every department-not kidding

Stop telling recruiters that they are going to get promoted and go to Cabo, that wont ever happen. Stop hiring new grads who don't know the laws just to screw them over requiring you to start back at the beginning. Oh and please just stop running this scam of a place, all of you are beyond sad.

Don't be fooled - this place is a joke. Buyer beware!

I have been working at Bayside Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It is a job and someday you will learn to appreciate a healthy working environment. (Definitely not Bayside Solutions).

I now have enough experience to leave and get a real job that will pay me 10-15k more per year. Yes, there are better jobs out there.

Cons

Nice follow-through by leadership on anything (sarcasm).

Leadership sets goal for $100 million - yet is unwilling to work hard or invest in it's employees. I guess it is more important to build houses and ride tractors in the woods, than it is to be an engaged, involved leader. Very hypocritical, especially when your employees are the ones working hard grow this company and make it better. It is a disgrace and a joke!

What you have at Bayside is a job. I would love to say you can have a career here, but let's face it - people are not getting promoted fast enough and leadership has not figured out how to run a business. Case in point - look at the attrition rate, look at the planning, look at the follow-through, look at the fact that the company has not paid recruiters overtime according to labor laws - so much for TACIT values.

I am pretty sick of having TACIT shoved down my throat by people who don't follow it. And yes - Bayside does do fake yelps and Glassdoor reviews - who does that stuff. Just fix your issues! But that would mean getting involved and doing the hard work to make this place better. In the end you fall back to what you know best, as it is easier to not deal with the issues hoping they will just fix themselves or disappear all together.

Recruiters are not appreciated, just look at the comp. plan and the recent changes to direct placement fees that favor sales and not recruiters. I have talked to friends working at larger more established firms - their plans are better.

TACIT is a nice marketing scheme - eventually as time goes on people will see what this company is: a dysfunctional toxic mess. Leadership at the very top should try following the values and actually working hard for once. You are selfish, insincere and mean-spirited. If you were anything like TACIT, I would not be writing this.

I will leave you with some quotes:

“Work hard, do what you say and have a plan.”

"Be a mentor to others and ‘pay it forward"

These are great words to live by and unfortunately this is something that is not done by Bayside management - sadly they have not put their own words into action.

Great company to work for

Former Employee - Project Manager in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Bayside Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They make sure to pay you properly and communicate well with you.

Cons

None that I have seen

Brainwashing at its finest

I have been working at Bayside Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Hope you liked senior year of high school because that is how you’ll feel everyday working here. Get use to saying, "I'll be your new main point of contact" on your first week because you are constantly replacing someones turnover. They hire bunch of fresh grads that were in fraternities and sororities and have zero diversity. You turn into a senior recruiter after 3 months being there because everyone else there before you realizes how crappy the job is and leaves or gets fired for not performing...aka management doesn't like their personality and lets them fail by refusing to give them any help or mentoring as they do with employees the like, it's very obvious. There is no true professionalism.

Cons

You enforce overtime labor laws to contractors but make your own employees who also get paid hourly work overtime by making them stay late. Try leaving right at 5 after an 8 hour stressful day and get the death stare or comment from the president "taking a half day?"...he's being serious.

Keep hiring naïve fresh grads who don’t know any better, getting your most hated job out of the way early on will make them appreciate their next jobs so much more. And dont forget to look in the mirror when you wonder why you are constantly back to square one.