Bayside Solutions Reviews

3.2
Bob Klotz

Great Company to work for

I have been working at Bayside Solutions full-time

Pros

I've had nothing but positive experiences here at Bayside. Everyone is super nice and friendly and easy to get along with.

Cons

Getting up early and the drive to work

Advice to Management

Don't listen to the negativity that's out there. Bayside is moving in a positive direction and is a great company to be a part of!

Recruiter

Current Employee - Recruiter in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Pleasanton, CA

Pros

Great place to start right out of college and you can make money $$$ if you put the effort in

Cons

Hard getting your first start and getting going, but once you do it flows. Staffing is a pressure environment.

Advice to Management

I have been here for 2 years and my feeling is a lot of former employees were pushed out for good reason and they are now lashing back though glass door with super warped perspectives. I have not experienced any of the things people say about management. Management could do a better job training and get in the pit more

3. Internal Review

I have been working at Bayside Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My experience at Bayside has been an amazing learning experience. I am new to recruiting and have been handed the tools for success. Working for a small company allows me to have relationships with employees on all levels.

Cons

The PTO is on the low side. There needs to be more team building throughout the company.

Advice to Management

Standards need to be set equally across all recruiters.

A real honest review on Bayside Solutions

Former Employee - Recruiter in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Pleasanton, CA

Pros

I’m compelled to write this review because I’ll admit I drank this company's Kool-Aid for years and now that I am out of the environment I have serious regret for staying here for so long. It is easy for a new grad to be enticed to work here because it seems “fun” and “easy”. You get to work with others your age that also like to party and go out, but quickly you realize you left college to get an actual career and not just party with a new group of people that you end up seeing 5 days a week. I will admit the positive reviews on here are just new recruiters who are told to put one up on this site. I was told to do this as well and actually just took down my fake “good review” that I had up here earlier. Because I was forced to and it was not real. Re-reading the negative reviews now that I am no longer brainwashed by this company, I can say they are all 100% accurate. A few people have left on ok terms but majority are extremely disgruntled and for very good reason. This company does not treat people fairly, they do not care about people (they pretend to, but do not) the whole actions speak louder than words thing here, they only see dollar signs $$ in business and in people. If you are not good at recruiting from the beginning or do not want to get into sales then there is no hope for you to enjoy being here. You will get fired for performance and in the meantime will have caused yourself an ulcer in stress. Run far away from this company. If you have thought down on the types of jobs that are described as a pyramid scheme or going door to door trying to sell magazines then avoid this company because it is basically the SAME exact type of concept masked as a “business setting”. The upper management and successful sales individuals are making close to $400k- $1M each year while those at the bottom are basically making a few more dollars higher than minimum wage with unrealistic goals to even benefit from this companies commission and bonus structure. The management will tell you the turnover is at fault from individuals who could not make it in this sales environment or they just wanted an easy job and couldn’t hang, but the truth is the turnover is 100% caused by the upper management. They do not treat employees professionally, and fairly. They talk down about their own recruiters and I have seen many people get fired for reasons that were COMPLETELY unjust. This company will make you disgruntled, no matter what your personality is you will end up hating this company and regret wasting your time there. The grass is greener, other companies actually ARE professional and value you as an employee no matter if you are new or seasoned. Other companies do not have high school level drama and gossip. I feel the need to really warn people considering to work for Bayside. if you don't believe me now, I promise you will.

Cons

The company is running so behind the times and basically being run by a CFO who I’m fairly certain doesn’t even have her Bachelor’s degree and at any other company would be nowhere near qualified for even a management position. The CEO is so hands off and does not have a realistic idea of how bad the employee moral really is. He thinks he is giving people the opportunity of a lifetime but really he should be taking a deep look into why they can not keep anyone happy or work there for longer than a couple years. There are cycles at this company, come in, get brain washed and stay a few years then leave or get fired. It's a constant cycle. I can think of only 4 people that have been there longer than 4 years. BAD sign for a company that has been around for over 15 years.

Advice to Management

Get with the times, get a formal HR and start acting like EVERY other company does, in a professional manner.

Not always greener on the other side

Former Employee - Account Executive in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Bayside Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Commission plan is very good. Sales support from a recruiter to sales ratio is 2-3 recruiters per account executive. Good people.

Cons

You have a lot of resources but need to invest the time to train your support team. Most have under one year of job experience. Turnover is high as most many new hires are on their first JOB and are still figuring out what 8-5 is.

Advice to Management

Don't sit on poor performers. Invest in training your employees so they can perform. I liked the staff but they need support to succeed. The teamwork was good but not much experience around the pit.

Good departmental managers but.....

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Bayside Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The individual departmental managers are good.

Cons

The CFO makes the work environment intolerable. Many long term employees have left and the company is struggling. If the upper management was smart they would dump the current, micro-managing CFO and hire a forward thinking CFO with a total vision for the company.

Advice to Management

The company culture has suffered immensely in the last 6 months. Please make a course correction.

Great people, fun job and you can make lots of money

I worked at Bayside Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work environment commission structure gets rewarding as you put more people to work work hard, play hard fun co workers competitive salary and commission plan awesome training for new hires consistent coaching and mentoring

Cons

CFO is a horrible drama queen and gets bent of out shape about every little thing. She needs to be fired asap

Advice to Management

lead by example

9. Recruiter

I have been working at Bayside Solutions full-time

Pros

Good people, great industry, I love it.

Cons

Seems like some disgruntled employees worked here in past. I have not experienced any cons. Besides having to wake up early for work!

Unprofessional unorganized lazy leadership

Pros

You can make money if you work hard. Young fun recruiters, be they quit pretty quick once they realize this company is going no where

Cons

Management is only in it for themselves. The president is like a child who cannot take any criticism. The real one running the show is a sales man and if you don't benefit him, or if you make him upset, he runs you out, and the president listens to everything he says because he's the only one bringing in money.. The CFO is a joke. She has no clue what she's doing and she also acts as the HR person because this company doesn't have an HR. Therefore, illegal, unethical and unfair things happen all the time. She walks around screaming at people calling them every name in the book, and she is the HR!! Management is never around they want you to work hard while they sit at home. All their key sales people have left in the last 2 years and it's obvious why. This is a sinking ship. I don't even know how they are in business. I will never send one person their way again

Advice to Management

Get a new president. Someone who sees value in people who work hard. Get a new CFO, that's the reason half the staff have left, she's awful and abusive.

Biggest reject of my life

I worked at Bayside Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked for this company for over one year. In the beginning it was nice. If your team met your weekly goal than you were allowed to leave at 2 on Fridays. On some days, we would just celebrate at 3pm because we could. Than suddenly the turn over started and all the perks stopped.

Cons

People have their lunch at their desk trying to do a good job. You don't get paid overtime. You're held responsible and it's no joke, if your candidate falls out of the loop. But that's more of the AE's fault for not pushing their manager. The reason this job was my biggest regret is because this job made me feel stupid. Everyone pretends they are happy but no one is. Waking up for this job in this environment was such a pill. When you have people leaving every week than its a sign.

Advice to Management

My advice to the owner and CEO is to come see what your management did to your vision. My advice to the CFO is to stop hiding behind the troubles and see what goes on outside your office. My advice to the IT President is to step down. You're no help and you choose sides. My advice to the guy who trains us, stop making recruiters sit in trainings that are meant for you to train us. A large part of the company's failure is your fault. Overall, stop what your doing. Be blessed for the run you had. Pay people off and go do something that your good at. I don't have any hard feelings nor am I hurt, I just think the environment is so bad I rather dig my grave than make another call for this company.

RSS Feed </> Embed