Bayview Loan Servicing

Updated Jun 10, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

David Ertel

A good place to work, opportunities for advancement

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIf you are lucky enough to be in a department that is well managed, you will have a lot of opportunities to advance. Compensation is good and the people running the company are smart and work hard.

ConsLike a lot of companies that go through periods of growth, Bayview goes through periods where they hire a lot of warm bodies that may not be the best fit for the jobs. As a result, there can be a lot of dead weight you have to work around.

HR will sugar coat the job and then you find out that the negative reviews were right. Too Late. Think twice.

Manager (Former Employee) Coral Gables, FL

ProsNo pros. When you join the company you end up with no life outside of work. Hours are very long. Management does not care for the staff.

ConsSenior Management only cares for the bottom line and the ratings.
    No work life balance. Very long hours. No end. If you complain you loose your job.
    Revolving door. Never seen so many people leave within a short period of time. No wonder there are so many openings.
    Constant layoffs and terminations.
    Managers talk down to employees.
    Very poor controls. Knowledge of systems and processes very weak.
    Unhappy staff, overworked.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet people go home at an appropriate time. Hire more staff so there can be shifts.

Unprofessional

Prosvery unorganized and unprofessional work environment.

ConsThere is room for growth

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Compliance Anaylst

ProsAlways room for growth within the company

Conslack of communication and very disorganized

Advice to Senior ManagementOrginzation

Terrible employee morale

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Pompano Beach, FL

ProsGood benefits good bonuses good vacation plan

Conspoor management stressful environment heavy workload

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees with respect instead of making them feel insecure about the future.

Seems that this company is somewhat disorganized

Loan Servicing Agent (Former Employee) Coral Gables, FL

ProsGood pay and covered parking available

ConsDisorganized, overwhelmed and understaffed departments.

Good company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Coral Gables, FL

ProsNice people to work with and a company with good family values. Management is considerate of their employees and the needs of one's family and tries to accommodate their employees.

ConsThe drive to work in Coral Gables. Living in the north end of Miami-Dade makes for a long drive through heavy traffic.

Excellent Employer + Great Environment + Great Pay/Benefits

(Current Employee) Pompano Beach, FL

Pros-Extremely competitive pay
    -Company pays the employee portion of the medical PPO benefit
    -Strong commission program for certain departments & extremely generous bonusES (also department dependent).
    -401k matching
    -15 days of vacation
    -Ability to work from home (certain employees and departments)
    -Flexible work schedule
    -Ample opportunities for OVERTIME (dependent on department, some departments are required to get OT).
    -Friendly co-workers and supervisors

Bayview is definitely a company that YOU WANT to work for, and can only hope you get hired! The work environment is extremely relaxed. Everyone is social, friendly, and the dress code is also relaxed. I've never been micromanaged nor have I seen or heard of others being micro managed. I currently work with people who have worked within different positions, which is a good sign for movement within the company. Additionally, I have yet to hear about anyone wanting to leave Bayview or say anything negative about the company.

(I guess this is a disclaimer, but obviously not everyone's experience will be as positive as mine. There is a lot of work to be done so if that's a turn off you'll hate it here, and tight deadlines!)

ConsIf you're lazy, like drama, and complain a lot there's probably a bunch of Cons.
    (I haven't experienced any Cons yet.)
    ...Ok MAYBE if I'm really childish I'll say that the building is kind of old (but everyone's desk is massive), and what the heck when it rains the parking lot floods. Ok I listed two Cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementIMPROVE hiring process!! Interviews should be more difficult, and be more selective with candidates to ensure you're getting the best applicant.
    Be more aggressive with promoting within the company!

stressfull

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood group of people to work with as far as peers are concerned. Good gyms near by.

Conslong hours and not very open to different approaches. Mostly their way take it or leave it.

Favorites' Game for 8 hours a Day

Foreclosure Coordinator (Former Employee) Coral Gables, FL

ProsFair benefits. And sometimes fun events to allow you to step away from your cubicle and stretch your legs. Nice location.

ConsThe supervisors are horrible. They are consistently playing a favorites' game. They enjoy bringing hard working employees in to talk about clocking in one minute passed your scheduled time. I am primarily speaking on the Default Management side. The supervisor for the Freddie Mac portfolio is un-organized, un-professional, and prejudiced with younger employees. If you make attempts to let upper management know, all they will suggest is to "talk it out." It makes for a very uncomfortable work environment. There is no work/life balance and they are strict with the schedule that you are assigned. They do not care if you are a night-time student and need to leave early. Overall it is a frustrating and exhausting experience to work for Bayview.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay close attention to those you have as supervisors. They are your front line people, and they can easily motivate or destroy an employees morale. Also make sure the supervisors have proper training.

Worked for Bayview Loan Servicing? Contribute to the Community!