Bayview Loan Servicing

Updated October 1, 2014
Updated October 1, 2014
3.7

David Ertel

Bayview has given me opportunity, career path, self satisfaction and a great work environment.

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Pompano Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Pompano Beach, FL

I have been working at Bayview Loan Servicing full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

At Bayview, you are treated with respect. There is plenty of opportunity to advance. They have a casual dress code, clean and safe work enviornment, competitive pay, a good benefits program and they have many events for the employees and you have your choice of what you want to participate in. There are also great employee discounts available that include family related discounts. They also have a good training program and many managers that are great mentors. In addition you get to help the customers remain in their homes or businesses.

Cons

One of the greatest challenges is motivating the customers and trying to get them to understand you are there to help them and not just trying to collect a debt. More training in controlling conversations and how to sell the program without pushing would be good. The more training on how to deal with the customers and give the best experience would be beneficial.

I would encourage upper management to be seen. Walk around once in a while and see what we are doing and speak to us. Town hall meetings with managers so we can ask questions we might have would be good as well. Maybe a lunch with the boss type program with a small number of people and upper management in a casual lunch setting, say 10 employees to one upper manager. Some managers make themselves available whenever help is needed and the employees are always appreciative. Foster that idea. They wouldn't ask for help if we didn't feel we needed it.

Sep 3, 2014Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for the advice. We will bring these ideas up and hopefully some of them can be implemented. Stay tuned. Congrats on over 10 years at Bayview!

Unprofessional

Current Employee - Asset Manager
    Current Employee - Asset Manager

I have been working at Bayview Loan Servicing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Monthly Bonuses & 3 wks of vacation.

Cons

Supervisors & 1st line managers are untrained and not professional.

Management leadership classes for 1st line supervisors and managers. Also managers she dress the part.

Bayview Loan Servicing...A company that offers more than just a paycheck

Current Employee - Supervisor in Coral Gables, FL
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Coral Gables, FL

I have been working at Bayview Loan Servicing full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The benifits at Bayview are some of the best I have ever received. Besides a generous vacation and sick leave policy, there is a 401k in place that rivals any in the industry along with a multitude of other benifits, too many to mention. Human Resources at Bayview is also one of the best. The HR team spends a great deal of time and effort bringing special events and programs to each of our business locations which keeps the workplace fun. And besides the benifits, Bayview provides a safe and comfortable work environment with a multitude of challenging career opportunities.Opportunities that are available not only for applicants applying for positions but for those current employees seeking other opportunities within the Bayview organization. Lastly, Bayview provides an excellent communication stream which allows for open dialogue between all employees from senior management down.

Cons

Work challenges are present in any large company and Bayview is no exception. Working in a cubicle for long stretches of time becomes one of the greatest challenges along with balancing your personal life along with work related responsibilities. And, in some cases, not always, promotions go to those who ask and not to those who wait to be recognized for their accomplishments.

I have no advice for management. For the most part, the company is being managed thoughtfully and in a direction that will continue to be successful.

Compassionate Leadership with an overall goal of company AND employee success

Current Employee - Portfolio Manager in Coral Gables, FL
    Current Employee - Portfolio Manager in Coral Gables, FL

I have been working at Bayview Loan Servicing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Merit based pay structure. Bayview has a true "open door" policy where the managing director is open to new ideas and concerns. Bayview is not an environment that ordinarily has micro-managing, which is nice to have your own methods to achieving goals; however, the expectation that you are able to take care of your job functions and responsibilities are high. Responsibility is great to have, and many companies are very hesitant to give that out.

Cons

Disorganization at times, though that is improving daily. Synergy between some departments can be better, but that is a change in overall philosophy that takes time.

Continue to spend most of the time and efforts in developing the top 5-10 percent of the staff. The rule of spending 90 percent of your time with the top 10 percent of the department holds well for the company and the staff. Obviously, the exact number cannot be attained, but the philosophy is great. Weed out anyone who is not contributing, because that means they are dragging the forward movement of the company down. Look within the company before external hires are made for leadership as some employees look for upward movement more than any other selling point when coming on board with you. The company values of Bayview are great and are truly appreciated. Thank you for compensating well for performers and taking more than the usual time to take care of your employees.

Sep 3, 2014Director of Talent Acquisition

Great to hear that you are so happy at Bayview!

Business Intelligence Analyst

I have been working at Bayview Loan Servicing

Pros

aggressive business strategy, challenging work that is relevant to the changing financial environment, excellent work-life balance, great management, great benefits

Cons

sometimes training can come at a delay due to multiple process changes

Sep 3, 2014Director of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for the feedback. Improvements to our delivery of training is high on our list of priorities. Great to hear that you are so happy at Bayview!

Bayview is an excellent company to work for!

I have been working at Bayview Loan Servicing full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Bayview is a dynamic and fast paced organization. They offer great benefits and a competitive salary structure. They also believe in a work/life balance. They stay ahead of the curve by creating differnet areas of business depending on the market needs.

Cons

The constant change (which is necessary) can sometimes be difficult for people who are not accustomed to it. This is not an issue if you are easily adaptable.

Sep 3, 2014Director of Talent Acquisition

We do move quickly at Bayview... looks like you can roll with the changes. Great to hear from someone who has been with the company for so long.

Compared to other companies, Bayview is not that bad.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pompano Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pompano Beach, FL

I have been working at Bayview Loan Servicing full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benifits are excellent, Human leadership, Laid back office environment, training is offered upon hire and during your time with the company.

Cons

Pay could be better for the amount of responsibility you are given. high stress jobs in a demanding field. Could have more opportunties for growth.

Sep 3, 2014Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you very much for the feedback. It really helps to hear about what where we could do a better job. Please feel free to see your local HR representative about career planning and your career ... More

A good place to work, opportunities for advancement

I worked at Bayview Loan Servicing full-time

Pros

If you are lucky enough to be in a department that is well managed, you will have a lot of opportunities to advance. Compensation is good and the people running the company are smart and work hard.

Cons

Like a lot of companies that go through periods of growth, Bayview goes through periods where they hire a lot of warm bodies that may not be the best fit for the jobs. As a result, there can be a lot of dead weight you have to work around.

HR will sugar coat the job and then you find out that the negative reviews were right. Too Late. Think twice.

Former Employee - Manager in Coral Gables, FL
    Former Employee - Manager in Coral Gables, FL

I worked at Bayview Loan Servicing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

No pros. When you join the company you end up with no life outside of work. Hours are very long. Management does not care for the staff.

Cons

Senior Management only cares for the bottom line and the ratings.
    No work life balance. Very long hours. No end. If you complain you loose your job.
    Revolving door. Never seen so many people leave within a short period of time. No wonder there are so many openings.
    Constant layoffs and terminations.
    Managers talk down to employees.
    Very poor controls. Knowledge of systems and processes very weak.
    Unhappy staff, overworked.

Let people go home at an appropriate time. Hire more staff so there can be shifts.

Unprofessional

I have been working at Bayview Loan Servicing full-time

Pros

very unorganized and unprofessional work environment.

Cons

There is room for growth