Bayview Loan Servicing

3.5
David Ertel

1. Good Company To Gain Experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coral Gables, FL

I have been working at Bayview Loan Servicing (Less than a year)

Pros

My experience at BLS has been great thus far. Bayview takes care of its employees who put in the work and do their part. I've been here less than a year and have already gotten a raise/promotion. 401K matching, pays for health insurance, 3 weeks paid vacation.

Cons

The company as a whole does seem to lack standardization (processes mostly) and is a little stuck in the past with some of its tech. Aside from that, no real complaints.

Advice to Management

A happy employee is a productive employee. This is really not an issue in the BI department, but cannot speak for the rest.

2. Happy to Work Here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coral Gables, FL

Pros

I feel lucky to have worked at Bayview for three years. The people I’m surrounded with, and get to work with, on a daily basis really make it easy to come to work in the mornings. Our location in Coral Gables is just one of the perks of working here, and the benefits we are offered are like none I’ve ever experienced. I’m constantly being challenged, which only makes me perform better at my job. I feel like there is room for growth, and I look forward to what my future at Bayview may hold.

Cons

Some departments are treated very differently then others.

3. Working at Bayview

Current Employee - BI Analyst in Coral Gables, FL
    Current Employee - BI Analyst in Coral Gables, FL

Pros

Relaxed management Lots of room for growth Promotions from within are very common and happen within the first 1-2 years if you are skilled Good Health Insurance

Cons

Not a lot of vacation days Sick days instead of personal days

5. Waste of time working for this place

Former Employee - Loan Servicing in Coral Gables, FL
    Former Employee - Loan Servicing in Coral Gables, FL

Pros

They are located in Coral Gables which makes the commute enjoyable.

Cons

Working in loan servicing is a waste of time. No opportunity for growth. Department is a mess. No training because not even the managers are qualified to hold their own positions. Loan servicing VP is arrogant. Turn over is tremendously high.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to people who are valuable to the business. Many employees have so much to contribute but are over casted by their managers arrogance.

6. Not a good work environment

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

Pros

If you have the right manager you will get away with anything, but everybody else takes there work too seriously and act like they own the company

Cons

lack of communication, upper level manager has zero communication with others, you will work in the same office as others and not know them

Advice to Management

None, dont really care

7. Asset Manager

Former Employee - Asset Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Asset Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Bayview Loan Servicing (Less than a year)

Pros

great working environment and people. they seem to only to select the best. great pay and benefits. I highly recommend this company.

Cons

end of the month pressure to final deals. sometime supervisor to busy to help, but others will guide you in the right direction.

8. Bayview Loan Servicing

Current Employee - Coordinator in Fort Washington, PA
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Fort Washington, PA

I have been working at Bayview Loan Servicing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not really any Pros with this Company. Most people do not like going to work in this place

Cons

Computers Breakdown on a Daily Basis, Management is terrible, alot of negative publicity on this company and as I work there I see that it is all true.

Advice to Management

Clear out all the Present Management and Supervisors and start fresh

9. Great benefits and great opportunities to be seen by upper management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coral Gables, FL

I have been working at Bayview Loan Servicing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The benefits are fantastic, the workplace environment is very friendly. Lots of socializing outside work, lots of corporate events, and lots of happy hours. There is great opportunity for upward mobility. Overall a very fun and rewarding career.

Cons

It's very hard to initiate widespread change within the company. It seems like people will freely admit when something is broken, but are hesitant to fix it if it involves a large short-term expense or change in protocol. Long term value is not always given appropriate consideration when it comes to new initiatives.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the people who aren't doing their jobs- especially any managers who consistently underperform.

10. Analyst

Current Employee - Analyst in Coral Gables, FL
    Current Employee - Analyst in Coral Gables, FL

I have been working at Bayview Loan Servicing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a great place to learn about the mortgage industry and gain skills that other shops won't train you on.

Cons

One of the hardest things was getting an understanding of how many servicing systems are used at one time. It's a lot to try to wrap your head around for a new employee

Advice to Management

I think that it can be hard to adjust as a relatively young servicer in the grand scheme of things. Often times it felt like major decisions got made on the fly.

11. Horrible experience! One of the worst companies to work for!

I have been working at Bayview Loan Servicing full-time

Pros

The ability to make a decent salary if the bonus structure don't change! Oops spoke too soon.

Cons

This company has the most unprofessional, unrealistic inexperience dishonest set of people. Favoritism happens all the time. If they like you and you don't produce they will move you around to keep you. But if you're a producer and know too much they will try anything to let you go!

Advice to Management

Need more experienced professional personnel from the top down including HR! HR plays favoritism as well!

RSS Feed </> Embed