Bazaarvoice Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

A very fast-changing, forward-thinking, client-focused company

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bazaarvoice full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible unlimited vacation policy. Work from home and flexible work hour. Great snack selection in San Francisco office. Plenty of good and serious ping pong players to be entertained. Core products are evolving rapidly so there's a lot of rooms for personal development and growth. Bosses are very good listeners and want to listen to employee feedbacks.

Cons

High churn for talented engineers the past year or years. Mostly all the lead roles I have known either wanted to leave, left already or decided to leave then come back. Obviously there's must be some cause to this pattern but I don't have an idea. There's no bonus & recognitions for engineers, especially the highest performing ones so maybe that's why they left for other companies. Some stock options would be nice but it's unheard of.

Advice to Management

Continue to let engineers take the lead. You are doing it, but need to do it more. %20 time projects are good but not many are taking it. There is no better mean of retaining good engineers than letting them own something they are passionate about and giving them the options to growth in the direction they want.

2. Still a cool place to work

Former Employee - Commercial Sales Director in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Commercial Sales Director in Austin, TX

I worked at Bazaarvoice full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My experience was mostly very positive. They treated me and the rest of the client facing team I was on well. We were like a family. Some of the most fun I've had in my career, learned a lot. Doing work with great clients and really making an impact on a global scale.

Cons

At some point it all got a little too repetitive for me and I got bored.

Advice to Management

Don't lose what Brett and Brant built.

3. Fast-paced, maturing company

I worked at Bazaarvoice full-time

Pros

The culture makes it a fun place to work, often there are company and department events that help create a real sense of community and mission. The company is in a transitional phase and figuring out how to position itself for future growth. There are a lot of mixed reviews on here...just know that the company is evolving and looks very different from 2, 3 or even 1 year ago. I think the growth and change are positive and headed in the right direction. You'll still have plenty of fun working there and enjoy the snacks and beer.

Cons

As mentioned, there has been a lot of change, this create a very fast-paced work environment and you will be expected to hit the ground running and adapt and keep up. this may not appeal to some people and there has been a lot of turnover in the last year. Fresh blood can be a good thing, but you will be expected to be a good culture fit in addition to doing the work.

Advice to Management

Stay on the course you are on. From what I have seen, Gene and the ELT has done a great job. Continue to improve and enhance the on-boarding process and provide follow-on training. Use the new building to help eliminate silos, and stay focused on adding new products.

Finance

I have been working at Bazaarvoice full-time

Pros

Very smart people throughout the company, especially on the R&D side. The innovation currently occurring leads me to believe the future is bright.

Cons

Sometimes there is a lack of visibility into the future direction of the company. There could be a better effort to educate employees on the BV brand and where it is going.

Advice to Management

Continue the trend of transparency. It has gotten much better since Gene and staff took over, but can still improve.

6. OK to work for

Current Employee - Moderation Specialist in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Moderation Specialist in Austin, TX

I have been working at Bazaarvoice part-time (More than a year)

Pros

flexibile work hours, honest about pay

Cons

no sense of being part of a team, no chance to grow/learn

7. Content Moderator

I worked at Bazaarvoice part-time

Pros

This is a legitimate work from home position. Training is very good. You know exactly what is expected from you.

Cons

No ability to work full time. Not much flexibility in changing hours.

Sales Director

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Bazaarvoice full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture but being in the NYC office we are somewhat separate from the main office in Austin

Cons

NYC is separate from the Austin office

Overhyped sweat shop selling lame software on the cheap

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Bazaarvoice full-time

Pros

close to home easy work, just a lot of it most people in austin tech have been here for at least a couple months so you can share stories

Cons

annoying ra-ra attitude forced upon you no information shared with contributor level employees, everything kept at the manager+ level way overloaded with work so no way to use the "unlimited" vacation poor culture of appreciation reflected in the poor salary that the company gives

Advice to Management

All the original management bailed upon IPO

Decent place to work

Current Employee - Technical Success Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Success Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Bazaarvoice full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice place to work at first. Very different from other jobs Ive had in the past. Very little micromanagement. though it's been increasing recently.

Cons

Open and friendly atmosphere is quickly dissipating. Support employees are leaving and they arent hiring to fill the knowledge & workload gaps. It is not uncommon to feel very overworked & slightly unappreciated.

Advice to Management

Your support team supports your clients. This company is solely focused on client satisfaction (which sets BV apart from A LOT of bigger companies), so Im a bit puzzled on your lack of willingness to help your support team thrive.

Great People

Pros

High energy environment. Interesting product

Cons

Significant Change in environment and personnel

RSS Feed </> Embed