Bbva Reviews

93 reviews filtered by
3.4
Bbva Chairman and CEO Francisco González Rodríguez
Francisco González Rodríguez

Pros
  • Good benefits for the employees (in 4 reviews)

• Great people, working environment and diverse people (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Occasionally you may experience certain peaks of work that may lead you to long hours in the office (in 7 reviews)

• Nothing you are told in the hiring process is set in stone in my case benifits commision structure and salary increases changed (in 3 reviews)

1. Good

I have been working at Bbva

Pros

Good company it's always a blast

Cons

Banking.... Good potential if you want to move up

2. Good company

I have been working at Bbva

Pros

Plenty of opportunity for the ambitious. Really competitive benefits for the banking sector. Good people to work around and generally good atmosphere.

Cons

Staffing is paper think so it's tough being efficient handling many job functions.

3. Lots of confusion

I have been working at Bbva (more than a year)

Pros

Parking is free and close to bldg.

Cons

No transparentcy, lots of discrepancies from interview to position

Listen to exit interviews when there is constant turn over in one particular area.

5. Business banking officer

Current Employee - Business Banking Officer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Business Banking Officer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Bbva

Pros

Working with small businesses and clients with much work outside an office environment

Cons

Retail bank atmosphere is annoying.

Have fewer managers

6. BBVA Compass Who?

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Houston, TX

I have been working at Bbva full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

A Few goo Men and Women still left. The ones that are still left; Kudos to you for fighting the good fight. Keep it up, another financial services firm will discover you and when they do don't hesitate--Pack up your belongings, tender your notice and LEAVE!

Cons

The retail bank is loosing money, the commercial bank is taking over (don't confuse brains for a bull market with) and the wealth management business is led by industry rookies! Retail is lead by think tankers who have never done any heavy lifting, commercial is run by a bunch of egotistical buffoons and wealth is the ugly duckling drying to find enough food to survive. Each region does things very differently so there is no consistency to any business vertical. Wealth has been sold a dream and promises from a Florida/New York group calling themselves "Ultra high net worth "Forbes" list coverage team. FYI, go to the corner news stand or better yet Google the list, now you have what they have---a list, Congratulations! In pursuit of revenue, this bank has lost its way in so many ways that it now finds itself blind and lost

Madrid, sell the damn place, that's our last chance.

Oh yeah, regarding CRA, whoever was asleep at that switch, FIRE THEM! For the auditors to have pointed that out to this banks leadership is an absolute failure of the most basics of banking responsibilities--REALLY? NBA Sponsor??? Get me some Rocket tickets or I'm leaving!!!

It was very interesting to work in a multinational company

I have been working at Bbva

Pros

Good managers
    Good enviroment
    Oportunities to grow

Cons

Very "spain" dependence
    Different areas not aligned
    Mistery regarding bonuses payment

Think more as a bank instead of independent areas

Place is a mess but the coffee is good.

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Bbva as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Good and friendly people. Its best if you can speak Spanish. There isn't an over abundance of meetings. There is no pressure to get things done in an aggressive manner.

Cons

Confusion runs rampant. Finger pointing rules the day. If a job offer is made to you, it will below the industry average.

Ask employee's how best to solve some processing issues. You will be amazed how the issues would disappear.

Stupid vacation colony for expats from Spain. Blatantly discriminates locals. Horrible management.

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in New York, NY

I worked at Bbva full-time

Pros

Not much really. Perhaps some "stability" but that is an illusion. Layoffs are common indeed. Colleagues tend to be nice, normal hardworking people. Some people are confrontational but most of the troops are quite relaxed. If you are a locally hired, non-"strategic" employee, best compensation is when you get hired because it rides a descending curve. Training is a joke, they give you the cheapest they can find. When there are "important" soccer games, it's ok to watch on the company's tv's (best pro of the company)..

Cons

Only those in the inner circle from their home country, enjoy benefits, generous company perks. All others can expect to get the bare minimum standard treatment. Most of us never get ahead. There are old timers with 20, 30 years in the same position they were initially hired. Salary increases barely keep up with inflation. Very commonly your manager will surprise you on bonus day that your performance was subpar so NO bonus for you that year. This is so because bonus announcement is on the same day you get your evaluation, so you have no opportunity to defend your point of view. Since promotion criteria is based solely on your origin and being inside the circle, management is incompetent, unprepared, untrained, egoistical, simply horrible. Even externally hired managers tend to be incompetent. Company is pretty cheap. If you are a "commoner", don't spend a dime more than the bare minimum when they send you on business travel. You won't get reimbursed. Walk or take a bus if you can, don't take a cab. Top management from hq is also horrible. Spain is broke.

Get everything in writing. Always negotiate BEFORE you get into any agreement.

10. Low Morale

I worked at Bbva full-time

Pros

Worked with a lot of fun people

Cons

Management will fire people if they feel they are not getting a bonus.

11. Great Learning & Development!

Former Employee - Commercial Funder/Closer I in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Commercial Funder/Closer I in Austin, TX

I worked at Bbva full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits and competitive salary! Upper management did make efforts to visit my department to let us know how much we were appreciated.

Cons

Workload was a bit overwhelming at times.

Really enjoyed working with direct managers.