Beachbody
www.beachbody.com Santa Monica, CA 500 to 999 Employees

Beachbody Reviews

Updated Jul 1, 2014

Carl Daikeler

Pros:
  • "Great work life balance and really supports in better living"
    in 4 reviews
  • "There really is nothing good I can say except there are some good people here that hopefully will stay"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "Some members of the senior management team not so much at all"
    in 10 reviews
  • "Good leaders are let go after years of service and replaced with unqualified ones"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great Mission. Great Company

Emerald Coach (Current Employee)
    Santa Monica, CA

ProsAmazing CEO, most of the other coaches are very nice and helpful. Company encourages self-improvement. Products are the best in the industry. Huge earning potential. Huge impact potential.

ConsWebsite is difficult to work with. There is no easy way to see order history especially for customers. The Coach back office is confusing but getting better.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove Order website. Have more events on the east coast.

Nepotism, lies and over spending is a common theme in this company. Stay away.

Corporate Employee (Former Employee)
    Santa Monica, CA

ProsWorkout while you work - although you will find some employees spending 3 hours a day there while you pick up their work

ConsManagement hands projects to inexperienced employees due to 'who they are' rather than what they know - leading to mistakes, wasted money and angry employees looking for new jobs. They use bonus as a leverage with your salary however constant overspending causes bonus payout to be much lower.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the employees that deserve their positions and stop promoting based on who you are rather than what you know and your experience (e.g. do not keep promoting a 25 year old who constantly makes mistakes when you have plenty of other qualified candidates, etc.) Tell the truth - do not hide major events and decisions from employees who will be directly affected. You cannot trust or rely on the HR department either. They do not follow confidentiality terms at all and what they say vs. what they do never match up.

Very good experience, Structured and independent with individuality

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Allentown, PA

ProsHours, resources, networking, work from home, commute

ConsPay, time consuming, benefits, bonuses, perks

Advice to Senior ManagementThe structured approach works well and very motiviated people can do extremely well

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Always a positive experience

Health Coach (Current Employee)
    Columbus, OH

ProsWorking from home, setting my own schedule, helping others with their own goals and needs

ConsCompetitive at home business, with many other similar businesses.

Great attitude about produect

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGenuinely interested in the wellbeing of comsumers

Consnone that I can think of

Advice to Senior Managementcontinue doing what your are doing

working for beach body

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    El Segundo, CA

Prosthey have good pay at lease

Consgraveyard shift is very irritating

Advice to Senior Managementgraveyard team leader sucks

Love this "job". Helping people get healthy and fit and get paid to do it!!!

Ruby Beachbody Coach (Current Employee)
    Dandridge, TN

ProsIt is what you make of it. The rewards are huge if you try

ConsNone that i can think of

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you do!

Could be a great place except for the Politics and Workplace Bullying and Gossip within IT

(Current Employee)

ProsA great concept, great people who believe in what they are doing and believe the official company line about healthy life styles. Apart from the politics and insanity of IT this is a very nice place to work.

ConsApparently the to get ahead there if you work in IT is to bully people and malign them to management. The politics and back stabbing within that group is wearisome and sad. It creates a negative culture that discourages people from wanting to help each other.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more funding for training for IT personnel to do their work effectively. If someone reports that they were bullied by a manger have a process in place to deal with these sorts of conflicts. Encourage and reward a culture of respect and helpfulness rather than a culture of gossip and back stabbing.

It's all about customer service!

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

ProsYou get amazing discounts on the products. You meet lots of interesting people. You can build your own client base. You learn A TON about customer service.

ConsIrregular Hours. Cannot be shy. It is a competitive world when it comes to sales. Turn over rate is high. Management is a bit snobby. If you don't speak any other languages then making sales is hard as lots of the customers are not from America.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sales less about competition and more about team work.

Excellent marketing, excellent customer service, great team building in career and user, top notch company!

Beach Body Coach (Former Employee)
    Allentown, PA

ProsExcellent customer service, user friendly website, motivating team members, excellent products with proven results

ConsNot many. I have been a beach body coach and there are not many cons other their ones own self motivation. You get from this what you put into it, both the career and the product.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing and tell Tony Horton to talk less in his dvds!

Worked for Beachbody? Contribute to the Community!

Beachbody Videos

Beachbody – Why Work for Us?

Beachbody®, creator of the nation's most popular in-home fitness and weight loss solutions, was founded in 1998 by Carl Daikeler and Jonathan Congdon. Beachbody's many programs—including ®, P90X2®, ®, INSANITY®,®, Hip… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Beachbody reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Beachbody CEO Carl Daikeler. All 104 reviews posted anonymously by Beachbody employees.