Beacon Partners

Ralph P. Fargnoli, Jr.

Great People, Short Fuse

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Weymouth, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Weymouth, MA

I have been working at Beacon Partners full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great place to work in that you are surrounded by intelligent individuals.

Cons

Their lack of flexibility and adjust-ability has them in a difficult position. New programs and goals aren't given enough time to come to fruition.

Appreciate what you have, find ways to get the most out of it.

Long Term Employee: Terminate At Will

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I worked at Beacon Partners full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

"Do not trust what Sr. Management says".

Cons

Senior Management can "demand" termination of any employee for no reason. They use the term "At Will Employment" frequently to remove good employees.

Sr. PS - makes "rash and poor decisions" . Frequently loses temper and speaks negatively about co-workers. Their process and ability to terminate great employees should be re evaluated.

Great company, great employees and great benefits.

I have been working at Beacon Partners full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I couldn't be happier with my 3 years at Beacon and during that time I've had the opportunity to grow within the company and enjoy many of the benefits. They provide training and certification opportunities/reimbursements, as well as great PTO policies and healthcare benefits. In the recent year they included tuition reimbursement which is amazing and something not a lot of companies offer anymore.
    The corporate staff does a great job to support the remote employees, even during internal restructuring when some departments are spread thinner than others. The company pays attention to employee needs, some people don't realize that when you have hundreds of employees it's not possible to make everyone happy all the time regarding everything.
    I've seen a lot of people come and go and as a corporate employee I can say it hasn't been a surprise when I hear who left, my personal experience is that Beacon Partners expects a lot of it's employees but I'd be hard pressed to find a successful company that expects any less - I personally wouldn't want to work for a company that didn't push me to do better for the client as it is my reputation just as much as Beacon's.
    I read a lot of negative reviews about communication and I find that surprising because the CEO personally does company wide calls to explain any major changes, or restructuring or even updates on the company stats.

Cons

Moving up in the company is something that requires a lot of determination, hard work and great communication. You can't expect your manager to speak for you or to read your mind. You have to tell people what your goals are and put yourself on their radar. If that is a "con" to you then maybe you're not self sufficient enough to be promoted.

I think more recognition could be made for the employees, personally I find the corporate office often gets overlooked as we don't generate revenue like the remote employees do and I think sometimes that builds some frustration for the corporate employees. I also think it would be helpful to see a section from the CEO directly in the Beacon Beat each month or a blurb so employees see that he is actively engaging with all communication efforts.

Great corporate team, remote team members, and CSMs! Poor leadership, fragmented sales team, uncaring management...

Former Employee - Associate Consultant in Weymouth, MA
    Former Employee - Associate Consultant in Weymouth, MA

I worked at Beacon Partners full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good benefits, the whole package of medical, dental, vision, 401K, PTO. The most fond memories I have is working and collaborating (lots of fun!) with fellow co-workers, great human beings and amazing professionals! As a remote employee I was always grateful for the corporate team and how hard they worked to support those of us out in the field.

Cons

Leadership not recognizing the amazing talent and value that all front-line employees and contractors, whether remote or corporate, had and have to offer to make Beacon the "go to" company for the healthcare consulting industry. Not open to synergistic, collaborative masterminding to change things and to transform and grow the quality of the company offerings and to transform the corporate culture throughout, just interested in short-term gain.

Leadership and management not open to tap/cultivate, to listen, to consider great ideas - the golden nuggets found within the diverse set of individuals that made up this group (corporate, employees, and contractors). Beacon's message to all was, "we are billing you, make money, if you have issues, figure it out," "oh, and by the way, we billed you as highly experienced senior consultants," when the case was not true more often than not...no support from direct managers and higher ups. Keep in mind that Beacon had just been on a big hiring wave of recent college grads and business professionals with no vendor-specific experience. Training was sporadic and fragmented. Regional sales managers (who work to secure projects for the company) positions are a revolving door. Practice managers (Epic, Meditech, etc.) also another revolving door. Hmmm...actions speak louder than words...

A business, a company is a reflection of the leadership - owner, leader, if you don't like what you see in your company it is a reflection of you. If you have no idea of what's going on with your company/business, stop, sit, ask and listen to your teams, you just might learn something...

Beacon Partners Review

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at Beacon Partners full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Training was avaliable. CSMs are friendly and very approachable.

Cons

Expense reimbursement a pain. Also, at least when I was there, there was no corporate card.

You advertise that your consultants have at least 8 years experience. The idea of hiring consultants with little healthcare experience or straight out of college is something I do not agree with since getting seasoned experience from a medical center or health care vendor is critical BEFORE you start a consulting career. Just my opinion though.

Virtual work environment pros and cons

I have been working at Beacon Partners

Pros

Good work/life balance is provided. The salaries and bonuses are more than adequate.

Cons

More Communication from leadership is imperative; especially in the virtual work environment in which consultants live. .Punitive atmosphere for expense reimbursement needs to be challenged.

More direction and communication from Leadership is needed.
    Expense reimbursement process is difficult and punitive at times and needs modification.

Disappointing.

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at Beacon Partners full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent co-workers. There are some of the best people in the field you could wish to work with. Beacon offers good training opportunities. There is good travel compensation.

Cons

There is very poor top-down communication from executive management to mid-level and then from mid-level to consultants in the field. There are also unexpected layoffs when Beacon proudly preaches they take care of their people who are on the bench. There are also poor merit increases and bonus structure. A week or two on the bench can wipe out your bonus. There is a trend of favoritism over ability for promotion.

Improve communication and "practice what you preach."

NOT A FUN PLACE TO WORK

Former Employee - Senior Management in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Senior Management in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Beacon Partners full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Service Offering is a much needed service in the market place - Talented Colleagues in the consulting area with a great work ethic.

Cons

So called executive Management team is like a click - no outsiders allowed. The CEO does not appreciate his employees and the value each and every person brings to the table. The turnover since the start of the company is higher than any other company in the same industry . Very sad that the CEO doesnt value the people who work the hardest for him he has a select few "Favorites" and those are the people he is somewhat decent toward. Other than that he could care less about people. Because of the attitudes of Manangement people are always stressed.

Stop playing favorites, appreciate the people who are willing to work hard for you - recognize the talent of the folks YOU hired and treat all of your employees with respect and common courtesy. Think outside the box and listen to what your employees tell you.

Just Cattle

I worked at Beacon Partners full-time

Pros

corporate credit card; PTO; and not sure what else I can say

Cons

They work you at a sad salary, use you for whatever youre worth (without having you develop any useful skills for future work) and then terminate you even if you just finished a project. Don't believe the hype about "bench pay". You will be terminated instead

Cross train and value employees - we are the ones paying your salaries

Hands off employer

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Beacon Partners full-time (more than an year)

Pros

No micro-managing (unless client is unhappy), corporate card for expenses, no decrease in pay for bench time

Cons

No opportunity for offsite training if you are working and making money for the company

Stop making changes to processes before you ask the people in the field.