Beacon Roofing

www.beaconroofingsupply.com

Beacon Roofing Reviews

Updated May 20, 2014
Beacon Roofing – Herndon – “Beacon Corporate”

Paul M. Isabella

Anonymous

ProsGreat organization filled with employees that enjoy what they do. In order to achieve excellence you need to understand it takes hard work and dedication. Beacon allows its employees the opportunity to grow and excel.

ConsHard work and long hours

Advice to Senior ManagementAcknowledge and reward current employees for achievements they have accomplished.

Great company that is very forward thinking and aggressive with growth.

OUTSIDE SALES (Current Employee)

ProsBeacon is an aggressive company that wants to expand and do it the right way. Currently they have some young leaders who are very ambitious. If you are looking for a great company that will support you Beacon would be a good fit.

ConsSome of the upper management is horrible with communication, returning calls and emails, and this in turn affects business and customer relationships.

Advice to Senior ManagementPerks: Cell Phone, Laptop, Gas Card, Vehicle Reimbursement, 401k, Insurance, salary, commission.

Not what they seem

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Northeast, NY

ProsNot many. There are a few good people at this company; but, for the most part, the culture is mediocre at best.

ConsLittle-to-no follow-through on employee concerns; disingenuous; unprofessional and clumsy in many aspects; indecisive; too blue collar for anyone who's accustomed to a more polished, white-collar work environment w/individuals from more higher-educated background and global experience. A lot of talk about ethical values, but not in practice.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot willing to share advice as management wouldn't understand or "get" it.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not a very positive place to work.

OUTSIDE SALES (Former Employee)

ProsCorporate resources. Good pricing that helps to be competitive.

ConsDon't care much about customer service or employee satisfaction. Only focused on corporate profits. Don't seem to have any corporate goal or purpose that gives meaning to job.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to what your customers' needs are and focus less on P&L numbers. Customer satisfaction will lead to greater profits anyway. Give outside reps the autonomy to be more successful.

Great company with a lot of growth

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Herndon, VA

ProsFriendly staff and management that empowers their employees and gives them the tools to succeed. There is a lot of freedom and flexibility and employees are given a long leash to explore new opportunities for the company. Everyone is treated as equals regardless of age, tenure or title.

To put it simply, Beacon is a blue collar work ethic in a white collar environment. There are no games or politics in the office and everyone is doing what is best for the company, not themselves. This is such a refreshing place to work and it makes coming in everyday enjoyable.

ConsThe volume of work is a lot and, at times, can be a little overwhelming. However, all of the work is important to the operation company and none of it is "busy work". I also think this problem can and will be solved as more people are hired to help take on some of the work load.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep hiring good, honest people who buy in to our value system. Don't grow too fast and always stay true to your core values.

Not as organized as the seem to be.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompetitive pay. Good Benefits, Could be a great company if they get more organized.

ConsToo much Micro Managing, Too many useless policies. Care more about numbers, than employees and customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop micro managing and let people do their jobs, also with out enough employees, your service to the customers will suffer. Stop spending dollars to save pennies.

Great place to work

(Current Employee)

ProsGreat pay, great benefits. You do your job and do it well it gets noticed. Management takes us where we need to go for the business to succeed. Wouldn't want to work anywhere else. Its a place you want to go to everyday. You do need to be adaptable to the changes for success, you cant be afraid of change in the work environment

ConsThere aren't any that I can think of and something that would bother one person might not bother another

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work

Great Place to Work

ProsGreat leadership team. Open communication. Strong financial performance and growth trend. Lots of opportunity for growth if you are willing to relocate. Very solid benefit package. Strong company values...small company feel with the financial support of a big company.

ConsSimilar to previous posts, budgets are tight but it allows the company to perform and be successful.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Great company, cares about emloyees, those who have the desire can advance.

Branch Manager (Current Employee)

ProsI've worked for Beacon Roofing Supply for almost 15yrs, 5yrs inside sales, 10yrs as a branch manager. The company is well disciplined yet allows its managers to actually manage their branches essentially autonomously. Budgets are challenging and growth is expected. If you are hardworking, dedicated, focused, dependable, and able to multitask in a fast paced atmosphere you will do well. We have many employees who started as a drivers / warehouse and now are top branch managers. The company believes in developing s its employees and promotes from within. The compensation is more than fair, benefits better than average, and profit sharing to date has always been given. I consider myself blessed to be part of the Beacon Team.

ConsResults and hard work are expected. If you are not interested in opportunity and are unable to give 100%, this may not be the company for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to promote from within. Invest in your employee's; continue to train, educate, and develop so to maximize every employee's true potential. The function of management is to produce more leaders.

Sweat Shop!

Forklift Driver (Former Employee) Wilmington, NC

ProsSupervisor was a good guy!
    Received days off when needed

ConsNo pay raise in over a year, I was classified as a part-time employee, but worked full-time hours, no benefits, no holidays, (even though the employee handbook says after 90 days PART-TIME employees are eligible for holiday pay). I had 401k money taken out of my paycheck even though i never authorized that, and no one from upper management or HR could produce paperwork. Unless you plan on busting your butt (literally!) and work your way to the top, Id find another place of employment!

Worked for Beacon Roofing? Contribute to the Community!