Beal Bank Reviews

2.4

D. Andrew Beal

Fun while it lasts

I have been working at Beal Bank full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great learning experience - excellent during times of market stress - lot's of opportunities. Solid work/life balance most of the time.

Cons

Low compensation versus industry norms. Number of employees fluctuates greatly depending on market conditions - poor job security. Office politics - upper management definitely picks favorites.

Company is great but leadership could use some help.

I have been working at Beal Bank full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

cafeteria plan for benefits, pay is great, no overtime required (standard 8-5); onsite fitness facility is free for employees; cafeteria onsite too (not free)

Cons

Stuffy, professional environment (shirts and ties EVERYDAY); no flexibility; no fun; never hear laughter or see anyone happy

Loosen up.

Very high turnover

Former Employee - Associate in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Associate in Plano, TX

I worked at Beal Bank full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My co-workers were wonderful. Everyone put their hand in the pile to get the job done and helped each other. My managers were also very helpful and aggressive in helping you be better at your job. It was rare that I had to work overtime.

Cons

1. Job stability is non-existent. Over half of my department was laid off within a year of being hired. Unless you very successful in getting approved deals, keep your resume current. Lack of structure, performance evaluation was not clear, I never knew where I stood.

n/a

Good company to start in

I have been working at Beal Bank full-time

Pros

Small so you can learn more and ask questions. Good for learning about the markets.

Cons

Small also makes it difficult to move up or to different departments.

Keep and open ear and continue to work with HR to make Beal a good company to work with.

I worked for Beal

I worked at Beal Bank part-time

Pros

Professional looking from the outside and only from the outside

Cons

Violations galore which are hidden, poor management, good ole boy and rewards not based on individual merit. I would and did run! Pay is not where it should be and just not worth the risks and worry involved. At this rate, company will fold. Investors beware.

Better keep a keener eye and the word is already out that this is not a good place to work, which will keep your turnover high. Only certain people are rewarded, those that help cover things up. Others are clueless. CEO must be oblivious or a big instigator part of the problem.

Nice people.

Current Employee - Manager in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at Beal Bank

Pros

Convenient location located off toll and legacy.

Cons

unpredictable biz model. not sufficient incentive plan.

Horrible Management

Former Employee - Specialist in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Specialist in Plano, TX

I worked at Beal Bank

Pros

Great title, location, and decent pay. Professional environment on the outside.

Cons

Management is awful. Seems a lot retain their job through the good boy buddy system. If only Mr. Beal knew how the current management is running his place.

It's all business but business can not function without the loyalty and dedication of your current employees.

Very nice team, approachable at all levels.

I have been working at Beal Bank full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very competitive salary, great benefits, even handed paid time off.

Cons

Limited location options from which to choose. The branch network is intentionally kept small to minimize overhead, but that also means fewer opportunities to work for a great company.

Hold the current course. You're on the right track!

Don't care about employees

Former Employee - IT
    Former Employee - IT

I worked at Beal Bank full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits were great. They contributed an amount up to 17% of your salary towards your benefits selection. If you can make it long enough, they have incentives like all expense paid trips within contenintal US at 5 yrs and US at 10 and anywhere at 15 yrs.

Cons

The turnover was very high - it seems that when anyone would hit 3 yrs (after they received their first bonus) the employees would leave. The company is basically run by attorneys, even senior managers do not have much buying authority

Allow employees to make some of their own decisions - stop the use of some many attorneys!

If you want a banking job with no sales quotas or work load, this is your place.

I have been working at Beal Bank

Pros

I basically get paid to drive to the branch. There is no pressure of sales quotas or deadlines. And in most branches, its a 8 to 4:30 M-F work week. After working at Beal for 4 months, I have not seen one customer..which could also be a con along with a pro.

Cons

No training or support from upper management. They give you a desk and computer and you pretty much learn computer navigation and account opening process on your own. Since there's less then 50 branches, advancement is not realistic, unless you want to move out of state when something opens up.

Train your employees....locally advertising your rates might bring your branches some business, as I have been employed for 4 months and have not seen one customer. Makes for a long day.