Beal Bank

Add Photos

D. Andrew Beal

Fun while it lasts

Associate (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsGreat learning experience - excellent during times of market stress - lot's of opportunities. Solid work/life balance most of the time.

ConsLow compensation versus industry norms. Number of employees fluctuates greatly depending on market conditions - poor job security. Office politics - upper management definitely picks favorites.

Very high turnover

Associate (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsMy co-workers were wonderful. Everyone put their hand in the pile to get the job done and helped each other. My managers were also very helpful and aggressive in helping you be better at your job. It was rare that I had to work overtime.

Cons1. Job stability is non-existent. Over half of my department was laid off within a year of being hired. Unless you very successful in getting approved deals, keep your resume current. Lack of structure, performance evaluation was not clear, I never knew where I stood.

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Good company to start in

ProsSmall so you can learn more and ask questions. Good for learning about the markets.

ConsSmall also makes it difficult to move up or to different departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep and open ear and continue to work with HR to make Beal a good company to work with.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I worked for Beal

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsProfessional looking from the outside and only from the outside

ConsViolations galore which are hidden, poor management, good ole boy and rewards not based on individual merit. I would and did run! Pay is not where it should be and just not worth the risks and worry involved. At this rate, company will fold. Investors beware.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter keep a keener eye and the word is already out that this is not a good place to work, which will keep your turnover high. Only certain people are rewarded, those that help cover things up. Others are clueless. CEO must be oblivious or a big instigator part of the problem.

Nice people.

Manager (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsConvenient location located off toll and legacy.

Consunpredictable biz model. not sufficient incentive plan.

Horrible Management

Specialist (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsGreat title, location, and decent pay. Professional environment on the outside.

ConsManagement is awful. Seems a lot retain their job through the good boy buddy system. If only Mr. Beal knew how the current management is running his place.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's all business but business can not function without the loyalty and dedication of your current employees.

Very nice team, approachable at all levels.

ProsVery competitive salary, great benefits, even handed paid time off.

ConsLimited location options from which to choose. The branch network is intentionally kept small to minimize overhead, but that also means fewer opportunities to work for a great company.

Advice to Senior ManagementHold the current course. You're on the right track!

Don't care about employees

IT (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits were great. They contributed an amount up to 17% of your salary towards your benefits selection. If you can make it long enough, they have incentives like all expense paid trips within contenintal US at 5 yrs and US at 10 and anywhere at 15 yrs.

ConsThe turnover was very high - it seems that when anyone would hit 3 yrs (after they received their first bonus) the employees would leave. The company is basically run by attorneys, even senior managers do not have much buying authority

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow employees to make some of their own decisions - stop the use of some many attorneys!

If you want a banking job with no sales quotas or work load, this is your place.

ProsI basically get paid to drive to the branch. There is no pressure of sales quotas or deadlines. And in most branches, its a 8 to 4:30 M-F work week. After working at Beal for 4 months, I have not seen one customer..which could also be a con along with a pro.

ConsNo training or support from upper management. They give you a desk and computer and you pretty much learn computer navigation and account opening process on your own. Since there's less then 50 branches, advancement is not realistic, unless you want to move out of state when something opens up.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your employees....locally advertising your rates might bring your branches some business, as I have been employed for 4 months and have not seen one customer. Makes for a long day.

Beal Review

(Former Employee)

ProsSmall organization - very nice co-workers
    Professional dress - portrays professionalism on the outside looking in
    Ok benefits but lower than average market pay
    Good location in Plano

ConsStrong "good ole boy" net work -its all who you know rather than your work quality or contribution.
    Big disparity in how employees are treated.
    Any vision at the top never gets communicated within organization
    Weak middle management with no work-life balance
    No training programs or career paths. Stagnant.....
    Culture is like banking was during the 1950's...suits, ties..stuffy...NO BUSINESS CASUAL DRESS

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees..Your operations and company are only as good as your employees. Treat them better! or There will be a revolving door when job market improves.

Communicate your vision!

Worked for Beal Bank? Contribute to the Community!