Bealls

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bealls CEO Stephen M. Knopik

Stephen M. Knopik

Pros
  • I enjoyed the people I worked with(in 3 reviews)

• Great people to work with in Advertising(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • low pay and not they don't give you very many hours for payroll(in 11 reviews)

• Upper management does not invest in talent within to company for promotions(in 8 reviews)

a job

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Covington, GA

Prosvacation/sick pay, automatic 401k,

Consridiculously low pay for Supervisors, improper training

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more appreciate towards your employees and we will work hard to show our appreciation for you and the company

It's challenging to be happy here

Analyst (Current Employee) Bradenton, FL

Pros-Co-workers are great!
    -Benefits are good
    -Corporate Retail could be a very exciting, rewarding industry - the potential for a wonderful career with this company is there.
    -Company has employee development programs, but there are so few positions that ever open to advance to that the programs are meaningless.

ConsThis company is 100 yrs old and you can tell. Very old-fashioned thinking and stuck in their ways. Not open to change.

LACK OF RESPECT - There is a huge lack of respect for the mid to bottom rungs of this corporate ladder. There are highly capable, intelligent, hard-working, good people with years of experience and college degrees on these lower rungs that are treated as uneducated, cheap labor. These are people that have a tremendous influence on the company's business!

LOW PAY - Extremely low starting salaries, no significant raises (1-2% is the norm), no annual bonus, no 401K match (well, up to $85) and no communication about future possibilities. You are expected to work as much as possible for a bottom-line salary and with no appreciation from upper management and no discussion of your future with the company. Correction: there is appreciation in the form of a good parking space for a month if selected as an "Employee of the Month".

LACK OF COMMUNICATION - Your future movement within the company is not ever discussed. Senior Management keeps position openings under tight wraps. There are no in-house job postings of openings other than entry-level. Even at reviews, you may be told you are doing an outstanding job, but there is no discussion of your future career path.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some Management Classes!! Rule #1: Treat your employees well and they will be loyal and happy, thus giving you 100%! Your high performers in all positions within a company will always have other options.
    HINT: Most of your employees in the corporate office are actively looking for other jobs. The good ones will find them

Underpaid and no opportunity for advancement

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Melbourne, FL

ProsI considered my co workers my family

ConsStore managers were biased and inconsistent

Advice to Senior Managementif your employees are happy your business will prosper.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Small company, with small attitude

Store Analyst (Current Employee) Bradenton, FL

ProsThe people are friendly. Normal benefits.

ConsLow pay for industry. Constantly changing strategy over the past year.

Advice to Senior ManagementHigher salaries will help attract and retain higher caliber workers. Development of current workers is great, but not useful to employees if there are few opportunities to move up.

I loved working for Bealls outlet

Store Manager (Former Employee) Albany, GA

Prosdiscount was great and loved work its a great company

Conslow pay and not they don't give you very many hours for payroll

I was miserable for 4 years of my life

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Bradenton, FL

ProsI did make some great friends while working there. 5pm and weekends are the only other positives I can think of

ConsSalary is terrible, I resigned after 4 years only making $1500 more than the day I started and that's with excellent reviews every year. Everyone pretty much gets a 1% raise every September. Upper management is terrible as well as being extremely unethical. HR department is a joke. You'd think that being a family business they'd be family oriented but this is definitely not the case. They very rarely promote from within and if they do, don't expect much of a pay raise. No 401K matching and taking a day or two off is frowned upon. The DVP of my department was always so mad around Thanksgiving and Christmas when people wanted to take time off to spend with their families, a crazy concept around there. There are some good employees there, unfortunately a lot of them are miserable. Seemed like everyone was looking for a way out and still is.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire upper management and start over, maybe you could actually be successful. Also, as far as ethics, practice what you preach.

Manager

Store Manager (Former Employee) Cape Coral, FL

ProsNone. Upper Management had their nose in the air!

ConsJust about everything.Low Pay, Heavy Workload!!

Advice to Senior ManagementIt doesn't matter! YOU DON"T CARE!!

The last six months the environment was adversarial at the Outlet Corporate, people are bullied .

Buyer (Former Employee) Bradenton, FL

ProsThe pay is not bad for Florida

ConsNegative work environment Bealls Outlet Corp.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of poor top managers.

Good Learning Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI had awesome employees working for me. I learned a lot on how to be better manager...watching the other managers helped to know what I DID NOT want to do. Thankful for the job, I grew a lot as a manager and person in my time there.

ConsFellow managers stood or sat around talking or goofy off while I was left to carry the rest of the weight. Then they would talk behind my back all the time, saying I was the one that never did anything. Even though I was the one that had all my things completed. Moving up with the company means hard work and connections. If you don't have connections your not moving up.

Advice to Senior ManagementAll higher management should pay a little more attention to what they managers are doing and keep them on track.

Rewarding

ProsGreat company to move up with and gain experience. Great people to work with.

ConsSmaller company so you will be slightly under paid. Not to much to complain about.

Worked for Bealls? Contribute to the Community!