Bealls

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bealls CEO Stephen M. Knopik

Stephen M. Knopik

Pros
  • I enjoyed the people I worked with(in 3 reviews)

• Great people to work with in Advertising(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • low pay and not they don't give you very many hours for payroll(in 11 reviews)

• Upper management does not invest in talent within to company for promotions(in 8 reviews)

Drama

ProsGood salary, great people, a weeks vacation after 6 months, simple job

Consstress from management and they make something out of nothing

I absolutely love working here.

ProsI love the people I work with. I also love that there is always a task that needs to be done.

ConsI have yet to come across anything negative.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'm currently happy with management.

bealls review

Proslocal company in the community

Conslocal, not nationwide company in the community

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

An OK place to work part time

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Boynton Beach, FL

ProsThe store is filled with a calm atmosphere, co-workers and management were helpful and positive most of the time, really flexible with the days you can and cant work, really good place to get job experience

Consdon't expect to get a raise working in this company, not the slightest hint of possible job advancement, amount of hours you get each week are based on seasons

Advice to Senior Managementtry offering incentives like raises or job advancement possibilities

Bealls Review

IT PM (Former Employee)

ProsGrowing online retail business. Price competitive products with brand name goods.

ConsIT shop is small and carries a lot of responsibility.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider Agile Project Management for better tracking of IT work progress, lower risk, and increased success rate.

Low pay and no appreciation of employees.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Daytona Beach, FL

ProsFellow employees were great and the customers are wonderful.

ConsCompensation is $8 hr! Doesn't matter how hard you work, how many letters of recommendation you get from customers, or how good your work ethic is. They do not reward their hardworking employees, so they have high turnover. If you shop at Bealls and have bad service, well, the company is getting what they're paying for.

Advice to Senior ManagementPAY A LIVABLE WAGE TO YOUR EMPLOYEES!

unrealistic expectations

Area Manager (Former Employee) Port St Lucie, FL

ProsI enjoyed the people I worked with.

ConsIt was like a child dressing up in their parents clothes. the company expected tooth and nail work for hardly no compensation. It was hard to take the work seriously.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook to actual department stores for proper business model and working operations.

Old fashioned but trying to modernize

ProsIt is a relatively low pressure work environment

ConsDifficult to track performance through metrics

New Name: STRESS Department Stores!!!!!!!!

Management (Current Employee) South Florida, FL

ProsStable financially, still family owned, small regional based, could still be a player in the clothing retail market providing the leadership changes and the company gets back to it's core values.

ConsPressure cooker, meet goals, meet deadlines, slash payroll, it is win for the Regional Corporate Teams at all costs! If you like like rowing a boat with a 1/2 an oar, and want your Blood Pressure to go thru the roof, then this is the place for you!

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace yourselves with individuals who care and are loyal to what was a very, very, outstanding company instead of those who are here for the job and then move on after they have screwed up the place..............

Great People, Nice Atmosphere

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Melbourne, FL

ProsI'm sure this varies between stores, but the people I worked with in the Melbourne store are awesome. It helps when you are surrounding by people you love. The hours are good if you're willing to put in the extra effort, help and stay past your scheduled time (if allowed) The management is awesome, very personable people that communicate well. Good flexible schedule. Option to take full hour break or cut it short if desired.

ConsLow pay, sometimes understaffed.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep positive reinforcement to inspire workers to improve their performance

Worked for Bealls? Contribute to the Community!