Beam Team Reviews

Rick Hall

Fun at times

Former Employee - Field Lead in Palatka, FL
    Former Employee - Field Lead in Palatka, FL

I worked at Beam Team full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay. Paid for personal car maintenance

Cons

Very inconsistent hours. Work 40+ for a month or so. Then work none for 2 months

Resistance to improve internal processes and weak talent retention are prohibiting any long-term growth potential.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Beam Team full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The office environment is EXTREMELY relaxed. I never once in 8 months of working there felt "eggshells" beneath my feet. Casual Fridays. Occasional breakfast and lunch provided by owners in break room.

Cons

No personal growth potential unless you have an "IN" with owners or senior-level employees. Least competitive compensation across the board for any company I've been associated with. The "workhorses" of the company in Field Operations/Finance are compensated poorly while Sales/Corporate Operations are unjustly paid significantly more.

Move towards a younger, more driven and competent workforce. ESPECIALLY in the corporate office. Compensate accordingly. Make management willing to consider ideas/changes of employees.

High Volume, Lots of Change

I worked at Beam Team part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The Beam Team has definitely grown and changed over the years. What used to be a small company servicing one or two clients has changed drastically. Some senior management is hands on and in tune with their field guys, which is refreshing.

Cons

Field jobs can be sporadic, high stress with people on the road more than they should be (can cause accidents/overworked and unhappy employees). Pay was not competitive.

Change is okay, so let it happen. When company size changes, the way things are done needs to change. You need to offer competitive pay so you can retain the good people and get quality people in the field. You're not out in the field anymore, it is a different world out there.

Lots of travel, interesting work

Former Employee - Site Lead
    Former Employee - Site Lead

I worked at Beam Team full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Different work often. Not a boring job. Good pay with decent benefits.

Cons

Lots of travel. Hotels are hit or miss. Would be better if guaranteed fridge and microwave.

Beam Team Response

Jul 7, 2014Vice President of Human Resources

Good feedback about the hotels. I will work with our travel agency to see if they can add microwave/fridge to their hotel search criteria. Thank you for your post!

Long Hours for Little Pay

Former Employee - Field Representative in Ithaca, NY
    Former Employee - Field Representative in Ithaca, NY

I worked at Beam Team full-time (less than an year)

Pros

While working in one of the stores there was a relatively high amount of flexibility over how you completed the work. For instance I was given a set of tasks and could decide how I wanted to complete them, as long as they were all finished within the time frame.

Cons

Poorly managed
    Lots of traveling
    Overworked employees, the salary employees regularly had to work 60+ hours a week for relatively little pay.

While working I would often lose out on sleep because of very long hours, sometimes more than 14 to 16 straight. Was led by an unskilled manager who didn't know what he was doing half the time.

Make sure that all employees and managers have been properly trained before they begin working.

Beam Team Response

Jul 7, 2014Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for your honest feedback. This job is probably not a good fit for those who dislike travel. However, a large majority of our staff really enjoy traveling with their work teams and hanging ... More

Beam Team

Current Employee - Senior Field Lead
    Current Employee - Senior Field Lead

I have been working at Beam Team full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

all pro's are gone!!!! They have been taken away.

Cons

Never knowing were or when you will work!

More notice on scheduling

Not steady enough employment.

Current Employee - Site Representative in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Site Representative in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Beam Team part-time (less than an year)

Pros

A paycheck. Free shirts to work in.

Cons

Lazy team leads that take excessive smoke breaks. Makes more work for hourly employees cause the temp are usually worthless. If team lead is not smoking they are checking email. Three weeks working then three weeks off makes it difficult to pay bills.

Let me know more than a few days in advance if I am working. I probably have some plans that need changed or to organize alternate child care. You know what work you have lined up in the future.

Decent Company

Current Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Beam Team full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pay above average, get paid to travel. We have gotten a lot of new business in the last year and it is increasing. People open to travel and willing to work hard will be rewarded in many ways. Good benefits. Bonuses!

Cons

Travel (you won't always be in Vegas, Miami, New York, etc you will be stuck in bad towns). Lots of wear and tear on vehicle. Hours are hard to get around holiday periods.. Have to share hotel rooms. Sometimes long hours are required to get job done, and if they can't find employees you will have to work with temps. I would have an issue trying to get a friend hired due to furlough periods.

Think about peoples quality of life on the road. Hard to work, sleep, and travel with someone for weeks at a time.

Menial Work for Decent Pay

Current Employee - Field Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Field Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Beam Team full-time (more than an year)

Pros

One can develop dexterity, retail experience, computer skills and familiarity with plan-o-grams (fixture blueprints). The pay is pretty useful as well, and increases as one gets promoted.

Cons

Long hours (10hrs+) of drudgery. Some of the workers can have their share of laziness.

WORK HARD!

Great out of the gate but ends slow

Current Employee - Field Representative in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Field Representative in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Beam Team full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pay is good and some of the people are good

Cons

work is not consistent too much down time risk losing the good workers

work on your communication and actually read not glance at your emails very poor communication with in the higher ups