Beam Team

Updated Jul 4, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Rick Hall

Lots of travel, interesting work

Site Lead (Former Employee)

ProsDifferent work often. Not a boring job. Good pay with decent benefits.

ConsLots of travel. Hotels are hit or miss. Would be better if guaranteed fridge and microwave.

Beam Team Vice President of Human Resources responded to this review

Jul 7, 2014

Good feedback about the hotels. I will work with our travel agency to see if they can add microwave/fridge to their hotel search criteria. Thank you for your post!

Long Hours for Little Pay

Field Representative (Former Employee) Ithaca, NY

ProsWhile working in one of the stores there was a relatively high amount of flexibility over how you completed the work. For instance I was given a set of tasks and could decide how I wanted to complete them, as long as they were all finished within the time frame.

ConsPoorly managed
    Lots of traveling
    Overworked employees, the salary employees regularly had to work 60+ hours a week for relatively little pay.

While working I would often lose out on sleep because of very long hours, sometimes more than 14 to 16 straight. Was led by an unskilled manager who didn't know what he was doing half the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that all employees and managers have been properly trained before they begin working.

Beam Team Vice President of Human Resources responded to this review

Jul 7, 2014

Thank you for your honest feedback. This job is probably not a good fit for those who dislike travel. However, a large majority of our staff really enjoy traveling with their work teams and hanging ... More

Beam Team

Senior Field Lead (Current Employee)

Prosall pro's are gone!!!! They have been taken away.

ConsNever knowing were or when you will work!

Advice to Senior ManagementMore notice on scheduling

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not steady enough employment.

Site Representative (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsA paycheck. Free shirts to work in.

ConsLazy team leads that take excessive smoke breaks. Makes more work for hourly employees cause the temp are usually worthless. If team lead is not smoking they are checking email. Three weeks working then three weeks off makes it difficult to pay bills.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet me know more than a few days in advance if I am working. I probably have some plans that need changed or to organize alternate child care. You know what work you have lined up in the future.

Decent Company

Project Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsPay above average, get paid to travel. We have gotten a lot of new business in the last year and it is increasing. People open to travel and willing to work hard will be rewarded in many ways. Good benefits. Bonuses!

ConsTravel (you won't always be in Vegas, Miami, New York, etc you will be stuck in bad towns). Lots of wear and tear on vehicle. Hours are hard to get around holiday periods.. Have to share hotel rooms. Sometimes long hours are required to get job done, and if they can't find employees you will have to work with temps. I would have an issue trying to get a friend hired due to furlough periods.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink about peoples quality of life on the road. Hard to work, sleep, and travel with someone for weeks at a time.

Menial Work for Decent Pay

Field Representative (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsOne can develop dexterity, retail experience, computer skills and familiarity with plan-o-grams (fixture blueprints). The pay is pretty useful as well, and increases as one gets promoted.

ConsLong hours (10hrs+) of drudgery. Some of the workers can have their share of laziness.

Advice to Senior ManagementWORK HARD!

Great out of the gate but ends slow

Field Representative (Current Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsPay is good and some of the people are good

Conswork is not consistent too much down time risk losing the good workers

Advice to Senior Managementwork on your communication and actually read not glance at your emails very poor communication with in the higher ups

Great

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat group of guys to work with

ConsHours are long on occasion

Lots of work, never know if your job is there one week from now

Senior Field Lead (Current Employee) Bloomington, MN

ProsPay is decent, salary folks tend to make out when you look at the whole year

ConsLOTS of unpaid overtime, Never get a raise unless you take a promotion, spend most of your time working with temps and working 11+ hour days just to get the job done

Advice to Senior ManagementStop with the temps and start hiring good people. We have lost many good people over the years because of the workload.

Do not work here. Poor management and communication

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsThey do offer some flexibility for management in regards to working from home. However, upper management on call 24 hours a day with no additional compensation.

ConsPoor communication from upper management. Common occurance for directors to not answer personal or company phones. Entry level employees treated as non people, basically just disposable commoditites. Definitely not the company it used to be.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to what made you a great company to work for at one time....People. Seems like you've lost sight of the fact that you are nothing without people who care about more than money. This company used to be a family oriented business, but no longer. It's a shame what it has turned into.

Worked for Beam Team? Contribute to the Community!