Bean, Kinney & Korman

Add Photos

Leo S. Fisher

Ok place to work

Paralegal (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsGreat people and family like setting
    Food and drinks every friday
    Some friendships among staff and attorneys

ConsLittle communication from managment to staff
    Pay freeze

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate the staff
    Ask the staff how the firm can be improved or for its input

If You Enjoy Gladiatorial Combat With Your Co-Workers Then This Is Your Place

Attorney (Former Employee)

ProsThey have a nice incentive system to make up for the lack of pay you will receive as an attorney.

No maternity leave.

You will eventually be paid after the Partners take most of your money, so if you like making money and being altruistic and giving it to others, then take this job.

Happy hour on Friday.

ConsLegal staff, stay far away from this place as possible. The dichotomy between attorneys and support staff is the worse I have ever seen. Gladiatorial combat will likely break out at one point - not kidding.

Paralegals be prepared to be a secretary and answer the phone, you will not receive actual work.

Hostile work environment.

No mentorship. Be prepared to learn everything yourself and ask an equally non-trained attorney for advice.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are 15 Partner Level attorneys out of 35 attorneys. Only 10 Associates with the rest being B and C class share holders - I have never seen a more top heavy management system ever.

Actually prove people are competent for their positions. White hair does not equal knowledge. Attorneys unable to use computers properly (i.e. Word) is inexcusable.

Glad to be gone

Legal Secretary (Former Employee)

ProsGreat location; some nice attorneys; happy hour on Fridays

Consno loyalty to support staff; no room for overtime; not sympathetic to health issues

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to appreciate and treat your employees better.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Place to Work

ProsGreat people and relationships; good pay; nice extras (paid lunches, goodies, vacation days, etc.); perfect location for travel, lunch, etc.

ConsMaternity leave policies; No flexible work environment

Worked for Bean, Kinney & Korman? Contribute to the Community!