BearCom Reviews

Jerry Denham

1. Was great opportunity when I started, the many changes caused divisions

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at BearCom full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great opportunity to start with, especially as my first real sales executive position. Lots to learn and fun activities. The more you sold, the better the pay got. Competitive, friendly "good ole boy" feeling to the culture. Given opportunities to advance.

Cons

Once the company left Cali in the 90's and went to Dallas, it went down hill very fast! New owners nearly killed the company entirely, but old owners came back and rescued it back to profitability. Technology changes over the years has forced the company to constantly have to reinvent itself, but was able to continue to grow even as profit margins shrank. Some have stayed and done okay, but the pay is very mediocre compared to other technology firms.

Advice to Management

I think they do the best they can and it is amazing to me that they continue to keep this company afloat and profitable. I attribute this to the CEO, Jerry Denham.

Bearcom Rental

Current Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at BearCom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

No drug test, Not much management around, learn about the RF world and create a career for yourself, good benefits after 90 days of working for the company. commission for your hard work.

Cons

They trick you into thinking it will be a 40-50 hour work week. Which turns out to be MUCH MORE. You are in charge of all marketing (which there is a zero dollar budget), inventory, programming each order, delivering each order, picking up orders when the order is over (yes that even means Sat & Sun. Vehicle maintenance, 90 day calls to every client in the CRM. You only get 1.2% commission then if you do another $250K of rental business you can get 1.3% commission and if you do another $250K in rental business you can get a max of 1.4% commission. Brent is time to come off with some more money for the people who make you the most in this company.

Advice to Management

Step up your game guys. As the ROC referrers to it (Bird management because they fly over you and poop on you from above. Get in the trenches and HELP US OUT

3. Sales Rep

I worked at BearCom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Large Dealer with pricing power.

Cons

No vacation or sick time. One has to sell a lot of product at a very high margin to make any money. Very low salary.

Advice to Management

Make better hiring decisions as far as management is concerned

5. Good Place to start off, but don't expect to grow. (Professionally or financialy)

Former Employee - Rental Manager

I worked at BearCom full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Co workers were great! Decent benefits (Holidays, Medical) Not a lot of stress in the normal day to day routine. General Managers and District Managers extremely Nice and Helpful.

Cons

Pay was low, and don't think of getting a raise. No room for growth. Not a lot of support when larger projects come into play. Very numbers driven without concerned where the numbers are coming from.

Advice to Management

Take care of your people. Bearcom has amazing people working for them that are loyal. Take care of them. Give incentive to stay. Need to do the review process to track motivation of employees and goals.

6. Most dishonest company I ever worked for.

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at BearCom full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I cannot think of 1 pro for this company. Gave it a rating of 1 because I could not leave 0.

Cons

dishonest manger ,split commissions lied and cheated to get what he wanted.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the employee that verbally abuses other employees before you have to pay for his actions.

7. It is a good company, with great growth potential and a friendly working environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Garland, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Garland, TX

Pros

BearCom is the market leader BearCom has great experience in the communication field Friendly environment Good growth opportunities in the industry

Cons

The sales branches are fairly unorganized The sales branches and the headquarter seems to be working against each other sometimes

Advice to Management

There should be a better collaboration between the sales branches and the headquarter, much double work could be avoided if the branches were less independent. This would increase the efficiency of the company significantly.

8. Great Pay Great Benifits A great place to work

Current Employee - Rental Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Rental Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

They treat you fair and the commissions are very fair

Cons

long hours and its hard to take vacation

Advice to Management

listen more to employees and act upon some tips from them

A good place to start your career, just don't get too comfortable.

Former Employee - Rental Manager

Pros

Freedom from management to take care of family priorities. Descent pay for a recent college grad. Saw many live sporting events.

Cons

Poor benefits. Sr. management has no vision for the future. When the market could no longer support my salary they had me fill out a detailed contacts list so my replacement would be up to speed. Very shady.

Advice to Management

Realize and recognize that the "grunts" are busting their a## everyday for your company. Recognize that the industry is changing/dieing and have a vision for the future.

RSS Feed </> Embed