Beau Rivage Resorts

Add Photos

George Corchis

Fun job

Surveillance Operator (Current Employee) Biloxi, MS

ProsGreat atmosphere, great people and excellent pay

ConsNone, I had a great experience there.

Big organization; part of MGM Resorts International; decent benefits and opportunities.

Marketing/Advertising professional (Former Employee)

ProsOne of the largest employers on the Gulf Coast. Lots of jobs, lots of variety. Offers the type of big company benefits that some lesser skilled or lower educated people in this market are not accustomed to. Friendly employees. Fast paced. Can advance through the corporate organization especially if willing to relocate.

ConsFor salaried professionals, compensation is somewhat lower than local market (but there are fewer comparable positions in the local area). Salaries are NOT competitive with industry standards, however. No merit increases or performance reviews -- very odd for a company of this size. Subpar PTO benefits... All employees (salaried professionals as well as hourly) must wait 12 months before receiving 1 week of vacation time. After two years, it becomes two weeks of PTO until the next bump up at 7 years. Again, some lower skilled workers for the local area find this to be great but most professionals who've worked in other large companies expect far better.

Advice to Senior ManagementMight be time for the CEO to move on. Been there since the post-Katrina reopening in 2006 and has done a good job, though fresh eyes might be needed.

Unsatisfied with Management

Arcade Attendant & Steward (Former Employee) Biloxi, MS

ProsFun events for Employees to attend & somewhat free Employee Dinning Room Food

ConsWork hard & never get notice. Lots of Favoritism with Managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe a manager & never friends with your employees. Be professional!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company, cares about its employees

Server (Former Employee) Biloxi, MS

ProsGreat health benefits, competitive salary, great employees to work with, upper management seems to appreciate the staff, great perks and discounts

ConsBecause of the nature of the business, work schedules change often due to demands. The hours can be late and on weekends due to customer demand. This can make it difficult to plan as the schedule is sometimes not released until the Friday before the week starts.

Advice to Senior ManagementGeorge Corchis is extremely personable and makes every employee feel special. Middle to upper management should act more like George. Employees seem to get along well with each other, but middle management could take more responsibility.

Great culture, fun environment to work in

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Biloxi, MS

ProsGreat culture, people want to work hard and give great guest service. MGM does a wonderful job of integrating organizational culture by driving employee engagement through philanthropy. Rather than the corporate mandatory fun, the company uses volunteerism and fundraising to bring employees together outside of the workplace...driving the social aspects that keep people working hard in a mundane and routine job.

ConsSalary is low, turnover is high. Not in all jobs. Tipped positions are fine. Senior positions are fine. Entry to mid level salary and administrative back of house positions are too low to keep talented folks around long with a glass ceiling that is clearly visible.

Advice to Senior ManagementAt times, process overrules productivity. Need to be willing to loosen the reins and let the team get the job done.

An excellent company to work for!

Customer Care (Former Employee) Biloxi, MS

ProsWonderful people, great company culture, smiling faces every day. Benefits are very nice. Once you get hired on, you'll never want to leave.

ConsDifficult to get a foot in the door. Highly selective employers, but it shows in the quality of service they offer. Gotta hire the best to be the best.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone! They're amazing.

I respected the advancement opportunities the Beau Rivage provides for employees.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Biloxi, MS

ProsFare wages, 401k, health insurance,

ConsBeing fare across the board when it comes to the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementMr, Corchis, I know that you are a very busy person, but some of your management team are very abusive to you Heart of the House employees. The very employees who makes it happen everyday. I am aware that you have “Ask GEO”, but your Heart of the House employees are afraid of losing their job, getting written up, or of retaliation through reduced hours. Just before they reach 6 months without any prior discipline notice they will get one with the result that they can’t move into another department. I know there is technically no such thing as light duty, but check the schedules (orginal) you will find that employees favored by management get reassigned to less rigorous duty. It would be okay if everyone was treated fairly.

Endless amounts of growth and potential for success!

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Biloxi, MS

Pros-Constant dedication for training/improvements.
    -Many types of classes offered for all employees to advance in career.
    -Loves promoting from within and rewarding employees who incorporate "Beau Service"
    -Great benefits.
    -Very large corporation that truly cares for community and employees success.

ConsSalaries do start out on a lower side, have a great work ethic and desire for advancement and compensation will be very rewarding.

Advice to Senior ManagementRaise base entry salaries to attract more qualified entry level management.

Great time while progressing my career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat place to work. Good coworkers. Excellent benefits and discounted rates through other organizations.

ConsSchedule, but that comes with the territory working in the hospitality field. Low pay compared to the same position at relative companies.

The benefits here outweigh most cons of working here.

Advertising Intern (Current Employee) Biloxi, MS

ProsThe benefits such as insurance, health care, 401K and an employee dining room and convenience store on site were great.

ConsThe typical cut-throat casino work environment exists here. Many people look out for themselves. Honesty seems to be a lost art here.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep in touch with junior personnel

Worked for Beau Rivage Resorts? Contribute to the Community!