Beaulieu Reviews

Karel Vercruyssen

1. I have almost two years of experience

Former Employee - Weaving in Bridgeport Landing, AL
    Former Employee - Weaving in Bridgeport Landing, AL

I worked at Beaulieu full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I loved working for beaulieu they where always good to the employees

Cons

The 12 hour shifts and some of the people u work with

2. Bl

I worked at Beaulieu

Pros

There are absolutely none at all

Cons

Worst place I ever worked

3. Great Mission Statement, if followed it would be the company it wants to be.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calhoun, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calhoun, GA

I worked at Beaulieu

Pros

Excellent opportunity for advancement from within if desired, ability to do online training if desired, small reimbursement package for education.

Cons

No work/life balance in personal opinion, every location is an "island," with very little "ED (HR)" and very little to no Senior Management representation, which creates the inability to anonymously report any deviation of company values.

Advice to Management

Fear is not a motivator to achieve and sustain the standards set. to be the "Supplier of Choice," you must first be the "Employer of Choice," and will be virtually impossible when the majority of the associates (in a division or "island") loath and doesn't trust the management and have no job security. Look closer at the leaders you have put in place.

Still Committed to being the Employer of Choice

I have been working at Beaulieu

Pros

I have been working with Beaulieu for over 3 years and came into the company with no experience in the carpet industry. When I walked into a team interview, I knew that this was a different type of company. Teamwork, support, collaboration, and training are several key benefits employees, or “team members” (which is what we are referred to here), enjoy regardless of tenure. Anywhere you look within the organization, you will find seasoned and experienced people who are willing to share their knowledge and experience with you. It has been beneficial for my current job and potential career path to have such rich communication and involvement with various areas of the company. During my years here, I have had the opportunity to meet and work with people at all levels of the organization. While the company is fairly large, it’s hard to visit a facility before you are greeted by a familiar face because of the integrated training and projects I have been involved in (such cross departmental training and work is no uncommon). I have enjoyed learning about various departments and the manufacturing processes and have even been able to go on guided tours at each local facility.

Beaulieu is also very commitment to all aspect of a team members’ health and wellbeing, including their physical health through insurance offerings and wellness programs, financial health through 401k and on-site retirement and investment education, and future through their scholarship program, tuition reimbursement, and free online education courses.

While the flooring industry, and carpet industry specifically, has experienced changes over the past several years, Beaulieu continues to hire new talent and continues to work hard to earn the title “Supplier and Employer of Choice” from its team.

Cons

While the carpet industry has suffered in recent years, leadership has been transparent in their dedication to the company's success and the employee base is still fiercely loyal to Beaulieu in return.

6. The management is horrible and disrespectful.

Former Employee - Warper Operator in Eton, GA
    Former Employee - Warper Operator in Eton, GA

I worked at Beaulieu

Pros

The pay is decent starting out.

Cons

Hours are long, the building is always uncomfortable, crazy hot in the summer, freezing cold in the winter. Management is disrespectful.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect and like they are actual human beings.

7. Wolf in sheep's clothing

I worked at Beaulieu

Pros

Initially good salary, benefits. ..good orientation to lure you in..

Cons

Very unscrupulous management & tactics; committing 24 hrs a day to the job is not enough...managers who claim to be 'results-
    oriented' use this as an excuse for oppressive, unreasonable micromanagement; highly political...

Advice to Management

Hire managers with.ethics and conscience. .

8. Satisfied

Current Employee - Great Job in Dalton, GA
    Current Employee - Great Job in Dalton, GA

I have been working at Beaulieu

Pros

good place to work in Dalton

Cons

Cant think of any Cons

Advice to Management

More transparency

9. Beaulieu America has been good to me!

I have been working at Beaulieu

Pros

I have been with Beaulieu for over 20 years. I have seen our ups & downs, triumphs and struggles. We have been trying very hard the last few years to improve our company culture and appreciate our team members for the individuals they are and how they help make us a success. We are a very lean company which does make it challenging at times but only makes us more creative. Beaulieu has been a family to me, allowed me to grow with the company and fulfill goals. Glad to be part of the Beaulieu Team.

Cons

Corporate direction, at times, can send confusing messages

Advice to Management

Communicate well with all levels. Be as transparent as possible.

10. Great Company & Great People

Current Employee - Territory Manager
    Current Employee - Territory Manager

I have been working at Beaulieu

Pros

Management has a lot of trust for employees. Job is challenging, rewarding and exciting.

Cons

You can feel like you are on your own at times. Lack of leadership when in the field.

11. This company will take until you have nothing left to offer.

Former Employee - Corporate Level Management in Dalton, GA
    Former Employee - Corporate Level Management in Dalton, GA

I worked at Beaulieu full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

They teach BLAST office culture but only apply it when it is convenient to benefit the company.

Cons

Getting a clear direction of the company, it changes sometimes week to week, they act like it is the Best place to work, which is one of the company's goals. To be the "Employer of Choice" but they treat the existing employees as the enemy. No pay raises in the past, 8 years across the board. pay cuts and layoffs are the way.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the CFO he is dragging the company down. when he became CFO the company started spiraling downward. The VP of Employee Development is the Ax-man and has chopped up what was good and run it off.