Beaumont Health System

Updated October 17, 2014
Updated October 17, 2014
3.4

CEO

Overall Beaumont is a very good company to work for and seems to care about their employees on multiple levels.

Current Employee - Secretary
    Current Employee - Secretary

I have been working at Beaumont Health System full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The CTO (combined time off) program is really great and improves the longer you work for the company. I am also fortunate to get 6 paid holidays each year. Though I don't have benefits through Beaumont, I've heard from countless employees that the benefits program is excellent compared to other employers.

Cons

There is not much opportunity for advancement for certain positions and also generally not many new job listings in my specific field (healthcare administration). Overtime is not approved and our department actually gets reprimanded for any overtime hours.

Have been at Beaumont for over 30 years, seen lots of ups and downs

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Royal Oak, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Royal Oak, MI

I have been working at Beaumont Health System full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The people I work with are great. Willing to cover for people to get vacations and work toget her as team and constantly change and add new responsibilities as role continues to add more and more responsibilit

Cons

Unfortunately the new leadership at beaumont does very little for its employees. The patient or their family is always right, staff is not supported. Salaries are in the tank. No raises for several years yet benefits, education and vacation time has been decreased. Their big focus is on gallop scores which are not good. They will never get decent scores as long as they treat their employees as door mats.

You must make your employees feel valued and appreciated. The past 5 years your employees have been beaten down, expected to do more and more and they are not compensated in any way. Salaries have been stag net or even decreasing, cost of living has risen significantly. There is no way for anyone to get a raise and your retirment benefited are very poor

I enjoyed working for Beaumont I learned a lot and I really liked the people I worked with!

I worked at Beaumont Health System

Pros

Great benefits and CTO! Good people to work with

Cons

Do more with less amount of people to do the work! 1 cost of living raise in 5 years! No loyalty to long term employees!

Treat employees better, employees should have some loyalty for years of service . Was employed 29 years there had an accident, they filled my position and laid me off have to apply to get back in, no one helps to get you back in have applied for 50 jobs! Always a good employee!

Things are pretty good.

Current Employee - Nursing Assistant in Grosse Pointe, MI
    Current Employee - Nursing Assistant in Grosse Pointe, MI

I have been working at Beaumont Health System part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I like the people at Grosse Pointe Beaumont, they're all friendly and we all know each other, if not by name, then by face.
    The Floor managers are very friendly and take good care of their employees, as well as the contingent employees while you're on their floor.

Cons

As a contingent employee I have yet to meet my actual manager. I spoke with her on the phone once, right after I was hired.
    We work long hours, and seem to be very short-staffed lately.

As a contingent employee I get pulled to many different floors and am sometimes staffed down. However this isn't the issue. The issue is disorganization. sometimes i am told I'm staffed down only to get a call an hour later that i am in fact needed to come in. Other times, I get placed on one floor, only to get there and find out that they don't need me, and then I get shuffled around to a bunch of other floors for the first 30 minutes of my shift as the office managers try to figure out where they meant to put me.

It changed over the years!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Royal Oak, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Royal Oak, MI

I worked at Beaumont Health System part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The people that I had a pleasure of knowing my co-workers were awesome!!! The pay was great for the job I was hired to do.

Cons

micro-managing, too many chiefs and not enough Indians, no more raises, under staffed, I can go on & on...Beaumont is a at will company so they do whatever they want when they want

It is ok

I have been working at Beaumont Health System

Pros

Close to home, good insurance

Cons

Crummy call in policy, only 3 per year for full timers.

Its a great place to work from the perspective of a Medical Technologist.

Current Employee - Medical Technologist in Royal Oak, MI
    Current Employee - Medical Technologist in Royal Oak, MI

I have been working at Beaumont Health System full-time

Pros

-Outstanding certified lab scientists, updated instrumentation and expansive in house test menu
    -Nice campus, walkable area, plenty of outdoor areas to enjoy your break, Starbucks and mini Papa Joe's (gourmet market), close to several restaurants, really nice and clean employee gym on site for only $10 a month, medical library and daycare
    -Company focus on "being green" and employee fitness and health
    -Great national reputation
    -Encourages employee input from the ground up

Cons

-Minimal recognition for Laboratory employees; especially in comparison to nursing who, with the exception of RN's, have less education and scientific training, but have a higher salary. Additionally, the physicians (with the exception of Pathologists) seem unaware of the education and training involved in becoming a Medical Technologist. The majority of the hospital has no idea what happens in the lab or who makes these things happen.
    -Professionalism among the nursing staff leaves something to be desired. Have heard of several complaints from patients and coworkers alike.
    -There is no longer reimbursement for attending continuing education seminars

-Management for the most part is on par

It all depends on the department manager.

I have been working at Beaumont Health System

Pros

Competitive pay, world class organization, career definer.

Cons

The usual big corporation problems. Lots of layers of management, tons of unearned managerial positions that cause an employment dissatisfaction.

Better review system. In house hiring process should be more transparent.

Dedicated and friendly co-workers

I have been working at Beaumont Health System part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great benefits if you are full-time. Beautiful hospital to work in. Well respected name.

Cons

I wish they had education loan forgiveness or free or discounted education.

The hiring period was easy but maybe it could be a little easier to not have to go to HR out in Southfield just to drop off paperwork. Maybe mailing or scanning to email or faxing should be considered. Otherwise everything went smoothly.

Little room for advancement

I have been working at Beaumont Health System

Pros

Dedicated workforce and job security is somewhat stable

Cons

No pay raises, little room for advancement