Beaumont Hospital

Lost Focus

Former Employee - Nursing Assistant  in  Royal Oak, MI
    Former Employee - Nursing Assistant in Royal Oak, MI

I worked at Beaumont Hospital full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great pay and benefits, some wonderful people.

Cons

consistently understaffed, lost focus on patients.

Meet staff levels especially in Nursing

Getting worse

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Royal Oak, MI
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Royal Oak, MI

I have been working at Beaumont Hospital full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

drive to work is short

Cons

No educational reimbursement, no 403b matching, sub par health benefits offered at a high cost, no raises based off number of years experience, decreased paid time off.

need to decrease the top heaviness of the budget and allocate it to the ground level staff. The ones who actually have hands on care with the patient. If patients are the center of all we do, then the people who have the most to do with the patients should be compensated appropriately.

It's a family

Current Employee - Education  in  Royal Oak, MI
    Current Employee - Education in Royal Oak, MI

I have been working at Beaumont Hospital full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've worked there for 7 years, in 2 different departments. They really like to promote from within and are very supportive of advancement in your career goals. Even though it's a huge hospital, it's easy to get to know everyone. I've really enjoyed working here.

Cons

There are a lot of politics, be wise enough to work around it.

Try a little harder to keep a better balance between the bottom line and the happiness of your employees.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It once was a great place to work for

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Royal Oak, MI
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Royal Oak, MI

I have been working at Beaumont Hospital full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great team members, co-workers help you out, you will learn a lot especially if you are in a nursing program. There are all types of patients with various diseases/syndromes that will be a bonus for your education.

Cons

As with other reviews, the management is the major problem at Beaumont. Too many executive managers going to endless kaisen meetings but nothing ever gets done. Mid-management and unit managers are given jobs because they are "yes" people and generally "good friends" with the person interviewing them. What has happened is that the ones they hire have not had any experience/ or ever worked in the areas that they are managing. Very, very poor management, which has lead to widespread employee dissatisfaction. A lot of seasoned nurses have left and gone to other organizations. Beaumont is constantly sending out "surveys" to its employees but obviously never listens to employee complaints or suggestions for improvement. If they swept the place clean from Executive management clear through unit managers they may be able to restore Beaumont's reputation. But it will be an uphill battle. Their name is already laughable in many conversations amongst local competitors. Patient satisfaction scores are in the tank, thanks to Beaumont's management. Employee satisfaction scores are in the tank, thanks to Beaumont's management. And as another poster stated, management allows customers to be rude, swear, hit and abuse its employees. That will come back to bite them and I hope to see that because I have seen it happen and the employee was berated, the patient was coddled. Perhaps management should review the whole management ladder system and go back to having Human Resources interview and hire the best person for the job. Certainly would get rid of the favoritism and nepotism that is ingrained at Beaumont.

Open your eyes and ears. Your employees have some great ideas to save money and to re-organize the system. Quit blaming employees for errors (medication or otherwise) and focus on searching for the CAUSE of the error, employees are afraid to report incidents for fear of losing their jobs. Start showing your employees, who work their backs off for you, a lot more respect.

I m leaving

Former Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Royal Oak, MI
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Royal Oak, MI

I worked at Beaumont Hospital full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Expanding. Inner City. People will respect you for working there. Free parking.

Cons

Beaumont is getting cheaper. No union. Management is too unfair to RNs.

Make this place more like UMHS, your major competitor.

It is a great place to work with fabulous people.

Former Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Royal Oak, MI
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Royal Oak, MI

I worked at Beaumont Hospital full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fellow staff are friendly, experienced, professional. Great reputation for healthcare. Free parking!

Cons

Limited selection of food available to staff during the off shifts.

Amazing Co-workers , Decent Management

Current Employee - Nutrition Services Attendant  in  Royal Oak, MI
    Current Employee - Nutrition Services Attendant in Royal Oak, MI

I have been working at Beaumont Hospital part-time for more than a year

Pros

I love the people I work with(minus 1 or 2 people), they are honestly the only reason I enjoy coming to work. Job is pretty simple even though management likes to complicate it and add tasks not on our repertoire (ahem,stocking the fridges is not in the call center attendant job description)

Cons

Management needs to get their stuff together. Each supervisor/leader has their own way of doing things that they like to tell us to do. They need to communicate better amongst each other. Also, a few people in the call center are huge snitches and so miserable with their lives they want to make others feel worse about themselves. They know who they are :)

Communicate with each other!

Phlebotomist

Current Employee - Phlebotomist  in  Royal Oak, MI
    Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Royal Oak, MI

I have been working at Beaumont Hospital full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great co-workers and team work

Cons

Coordinator has no clue how to run department. She suspends employees for a day without pay and Beaumont has to end up paying them. No confidentiality with management. Phlebotomy is part of BRL not corporate policies. They use contingent and part time employees for years and won't offer full time.

Main manager is timid of Coordinator and won't stand her ground.

As everyone tells me "at least you have a job"

Current Employee - Phleb  in  Royal Oak, MI
    Current Employee - Phleb in Royal Oak, MI

I have been working at Beaumont Hospital full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Co-workers, bennies and I love my job!

Cons

Management top heavy, 2 raises in 5 yrs 2% each which went to health ins increases. No commuication between management and on the ground employees. Don't get paid enough money for the job, dealing with blood, stool, urine all day and the person that greets you at the door and shuttle driver makes more money.

How about spending a day in the life of ........ see what it is really like to do the jobs of the people that the pts interact with you might find out that they have some really good ideas but no one wants to listen to them. If management doesn't suggest it they won't try it.

You should be lucky to even have a job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Royal Oak, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Royal Oak, MI

I have been working at Beaumont Hospital full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Wonderful co-workers who have become wonderful friends, benefits (if you are full-time), great physicians.

Cons

Management is terrible hence the title of this review. Those words are just a few of the bad statements spoken to you by this terrible management. Another is, you work for Beaumont, Beaumont doesn't work for you. Human Resources and Employee Relations are dishonest.

None.

Worked for Beaumont Hospital? Contribute to the Community!