Beaumont Hospital Reviews

Reset
2.9
Beaumont Hospital President & CEO Gene F. Michalski
Gene F. Michalski

Pros
  • Excellent attention to patient Care (in 3 reviews)

• Wonderful co-workers who have become wonderful friends, benefits (if you are full-time), great physicians (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Employee relations is a joke as they are friends with the "managers" and administration is useless (in 3 reviews)

• A lot of seasoned nurses have left and gone to other organizations (in 3 reviews)

1. Bedside RN

Current Contractor - Clinical Nurse II in Royal Oak, MI
    Current Contractor - Clinical Nurse II in Royal Oak, MI

I have been working at Beaumont Hospital as a contractor (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people to work with. Team environment. Compassionate care. Beautiful facility. Great perks like starbucks and papa joes on premise.

Cons

Twelve hour shifts without a lunch can occur when acuity is high.

Advice to Management

None pleasant place to work.

Pharmacy Tech

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Royal Oak, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Royal Oak, MI

Pros

Easy workload. Mindless work, really. Can trade shifts around as needed to accommodate a school schedule.

Cons

All physical labor. Don't know why were licensed. Management won't trust us with added responsibility. No job growth. They prefer to hire externally than promote within.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees a little better and maybe you'll keep them around a little longer. Trust our opinions, we're doing the work, not you.

3. Nurse assistant

Current Employee - Nurse Assistant in Royal Oak, MI
    Current Employee - Nurse Assistant in Royal Oak, MI

I have been working at Beaumont Hospital part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Big company, opportunity to grow.

Cons

Management sometimes make cuts that affect staffing and resources or things like tuition reimbursement.

Advice to Management

Focus on showing appreciation to your bottom line. I.e nurses, nurse assistants, housekeeping etc. at minimum make sure there is adequate staffing. Things like this will help employees to feel proud of where they work and appreciated and will in turn have the ability to deliver superior patient care thus ensuring patient return and satisfaction

5. 6years starting pay

Current Employee - Staff RN in Royal Oak, MI
    Current Employee - Staff RN in Royal Oak, MI

I have been working at Beaumont Hospital full-time

Pros

Good equipment. Clean. Cutting edge. Good nurses and workers.

Cons

Like title, just hit 6 years and making same rate as a gn. No matching 403b.

Advice to Management

Take was bonuses and pay staff what they deserve

It got worse year after year

Former Employee - Nutrition Services Attendant in Royal Oak, MI
    Former Employee - Nutrition Services Attendant in Royal Oak, MI

I worked at Beaumont Hospital part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Made some friends, job was easy for the most part, you will make more than minimum wage

Cons

No communication between supervisors, rules changed DAILY depending on mood of supervisors, management had "customer is always right" mentality even when they weren't which makes call center employees look bad in the end since they were following what management told them to do in the first place, RUDE nursing staff and patients on phone,management will side with each other You will be doing things outside of your job description. I was a call center rep and nowhere in my job description did it say to stock and clean the kitchen. A year into my job, we got assigned to do 2 hours of kitchen cleaning every night. These are the tray attendant's duties, not call centers.

Advice to Management

No advice, 80% of management staff is incompetent. Hold on to this job because nowhere else will hire you people. Believe that.

7. Amazing ,I live rhe dics and the experience.

Current Employee - Surgical Tech in Royal Oak, MI
    Current Employee - Surgical Tech in Royal Oak, MI

Pros

Great place to learn new things

Cons

Some managers r really horrible

Advice to Management

Be a good boss not one in a power trip

Lost Focus

Former Employee - Nursing Assistant in Royal Oak, MI
    Former Employee - Nursing Assistant in Royal Oak, MI

I worked at Beaumont Hospital full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great pay and benefits, some wonderful people.

Cons

consistently understaffed, lost focus on patients.

Advice to Management

Meet staff levels especially in Nursing

Getting worse

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Royal Oak, MI

I have been working at Beaumont Hospital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

drive to work is short

Cons

No educational reimbursement, no 403b matching, sub par health benefits offered at a high cost, no raises based off number of years experience, decreased paid time off.

Advice to Management

need to decrease the top heaviness of the budget and allocate it to the ground level staff. The ones who actually have hands on care with the patient. If patients are the center of all we do, then the people who have the most to do with the patients should be compensated appropriately.

It once was a great place to work for

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Royal Oak, MI

I have been working at Beaumont Hospital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great team members, co-workers help you out, you will learn a lot especially if you are in a nursing program. There are all types of patients with various diseases/syndromes that will be a bonus for your education.

Cons

As with other reviews, the management is the major problem at Beaumont. Too many executive managers going to endless kaisen meetings but nothing ever gets done. Mid-management and unit managers are given jobs because they are "yes" people and generally "good friends" with the person interviewing them. What has happened is that the ones they hire have not had any experience/ or ever worked in the areas that they are managing. Very, very poor management, which has lead to widespread employee dissatisfaction. A lot of seasoned nurses have left and gone to other organizations. Beaumont is constantly sending out "surveys" to its employees but obviously never listens to employee complaints or suggestions for improvement. If they swept the place clean from Executive management clear through unit managers they may be able to restore Beaumont's reputation. But it will be an uphill battle. Their name is already laughable in many conversations amongst local competitors. Patient satisfaction scores are in the tank, thanks to Beaumont's management. Employee satisfaction scores are in the tank, thanks to Beaumont's management. And as another poster stated, management allows customers to be rude, swear, hit and abuse its employees. That will come back to bite them and I hope to see that because I have seen it happen and the employee was berated, the patient was coddled. Perhaps management should review the whole management ladder system and go back to having Human Resources interview and hire the best person for the job. Certainly would get rid of the favoritism and nepotism that is ingrained at Beaumont.

Advice to Management

Open your eyes and ears. Your employees have some great ideas to save money and to re-organize the system. Quit blaming employees for errors (medication or otherwise) and focus on searching for the CAUSE of the error, employees are afraid to report incidents for fear of losing their jobs. Start showing your employees, who work their backs off for you, a lot more respect.

Worked here many years and have found them to be a good employer

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Royal Oak, MI

I have been working at Beaumont Hospital full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company has many good values that they actively promote. The patient is truly the center of all we do. We have had many different training programs over the years and depending which of our three locations the training program vary to meet that particular hospital location. Work-life balance is encouraged .They do offer there employees many support services .

Cons

Our president is tremendous. Having known & worked with him for many years find he does identify with the employees and does actively mingles with the employees. He has worked with the staff in a specialized nursing department to understand what we do.Compensation has changed over the years. We have not had a pay raise ion several years (department wide nor a raise based on an individual review. Our health insurance is not affordable for some of the employees in the lower pay group.Long term employees retirement benefits have been alterd an new employees have no retirement benefits. The policy of Beaumont is "No bullying allowed " but the behavior does exist and management does address it but does not enforce the policy !

Advice to Management

We need to have set policies throught the hospital system. Every department making their own policies is difficult and confusing. Leaders in my department are often giving incorrect or threatening information concerning our jobs,benefits ( such as sick time ,vacations policies etc that makes department employees anxious about their jobs- when you then go to HR they will tell you that the information is incorrect but the same behavior continues to repeat , As a salaried employees we work many more hours than what we are paid for and have difficulty obtaining vacation time and are threatened when we need to use sick time. As far as promotion or job change -you can apply for a new job but never hear one way or another if you are even in line for an interview and many times they do not even post on the area that you are not qualified for the job. In some cases you are qualified fore a job but they will place a person who returns from a leave ( workers comp) or HR determines a situation in their previous position is unacceptable and will give them a job they are not qualified for.

RSS Feed </> Embed