BeautiControl

Updated September 14, 2014
Updated September 14, 2014
2.9

Nikola Milivojevic

Overall an underpaid disappointment.

Former Employee - Receiving Dock Finished Goods  in  Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Receiving Dock Finished Goods in Carrollton, TX

I worked at BeautiControl as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Great people to work with. Moral is 100% On top of all safety. Continuous training daily.

Cons

Unorganized. Lack of management that posses common sense. Underpaid for the amount of work required.

Find some common sense and possibly organization skilss would always be a plus.

Great company

I have been working at BeautiControl as a contractor

Pros

Total control over your income, time and resources

Cons

Direct Sales = Total commission based income.

Mostly Good

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Newport Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at BeautiControl part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You actually sell a product

Cons

Typical Multilevel business,but you actually have products to sell

Stop changing everthing.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrible place to work. Dysfunction to the core.

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at BeautiControl full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The only reason to work here is the pay check.
    Heed the reviews on Glassdoor.

Cons

Irresponsible management. Frustrating environment. Not set up to succeed.
    Horrible technical leadership...bully environment. Disgusting workplace/incompetent management.
    Years ago we had a great reputation. We used to make a great product and always grew.
    The good days have long since passed. I am looking elsewhere for employment.

Consider bringing back some of the former employees for leadership and training of current leadership. Treat people with respect.

Uh-oh.

I have been working at BeautiControl for more than 5 years

Pros

Like most direct selling companies, this one offers an opportunity to women to elevate their lifestyles, to feel valued and productive. It gives those working in the corporate environment a reason to get out of bed each day.

Cons

Employees at the home office are scrambling, trying desperately to please this newest management team, resulting in a group of smart, dedicated people who are sadly reminiscent of an abused spouse. Employees are often praised and bullied in the same day, sometimes in the same sentence. Keeping an eye on the ultimate goal, to support the field representatives, has become more and more difficult as programs are launched halfway, without thought as to how they will be implemented, resulting in a confused, sometimes angry, field. Expectations of corporate employees are extraordinary, but employees are not included in thought processes, program changes and updates. The lack of inclusion and information produces inadequate response to demands and even more bullying. A catch 22.

Tupperware has made some grievous errors here, unless the goal is to run this company into the ground and move on. If that is the goal, it shouldn't be long now.

Don't work here

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

I worked at BeautiControl full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The immediate team of people you work with have a great camaraderie because you are all going through the same craziness together.

Cons

Tupperware manages this place like its disposable. No deep thought about who they hire in leadership positions or what the impact will be of changes that they mandate. I had several certifiable crazy people as bosses, who were some of the meanest, unprofessional people I've ever met.

Cut your losses. Sell the company for parts.

These products make my skin feel great

I have been working at BeautiControl

Pros

As a consultant, you can invest as much or as little time/energy/cost as you want. The more you invest, the more perks you earn.

Cons

Products could be better explained/defined. There are a lot of products that provide similar end results and it can be confusing to understand which product is the best fit for an individual. Also, the different BC Facial product packaging should be more clearly defined indicating numerical step order in the process as well as whether it belongs in the normal/dry or combo/oily set.

Provide clear definition of what products to use for what circumstances as well as improved product packaging to visually distinguish products and ultimately make the product easier to use.

One of the most toxic, unorganized, unappreciative, stress inducing, bully fostering employers I've ever worked for.

Former Employee - Manager  in  Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Carrollton, TX

I worked at BeautiControl full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

None - you get a paycheck.

Cons

Senior management can't agree on what color the sky is on any given day much less what strategy the company should be using to get sales. No strategic vision for the organization; knee jerk management style. managers are Bullies. Controlling, picky and petty. Backstabbers: Taking credit for others work and undermining at every turn. Clueless, vindictive, and conniving. Technology is outdated. They have NO loyalty to any of their employees. Barely keeping the lights on.

It is time to burn the ships. Get rid of the bullies and hire people with good interpersonal and managerial skills. Stop accepting & encouraging the bully behavior. Stop fostering bullying in the workplace - it comes from the top. Promote a few brave people who aren't afraid to take risks and the responsibility that goes along with those risks.

Hostile and full of stress

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at BeautiControl full-time for more than a year

Pros

Wonderful individuals who support one another and do their best to accomplish their goals under some of the worst leadership I have ever seen. You gain experience working in a virtual war zone. This will make your next position seem like heaven on earth guaranteeing your future happiness.

Cons

Management completely disconnected from work force. Politics gone wild with all the attention and resources going to the most vicious. Company just had ANOTHER layoff. Losing people critical to achieving marketing goals while retaining others who did nothing but create obstacles.

Wake up and value those who work hard toward helping you achieve your goals. Lose some of the politicians, especially the bullies. Finally have the same rules for everyone.

Blessed To Be a Part Of this amazing company!

Current Employee - Director  in  Aynor, SC
    Current Employee - Director in Aynor, SC

I have been working at BeautiControl full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Help others reach their goals, help to build confidence, you work your own hours, great income, you can put your family first.

Cons

When you see soooo much potential in others in this business BUT they dont see it in themselves.

Our New BC President has an amazing focus for our business & Capturing the dreams of others.

Worked for BeautiControl? Contribute to the Community!