BeautiControl

www.beauticontrol.com

BeautiControl Reviews

Updated Jun 17, 2014

Nikola Milivojevic

These products make my skin feel great

ProsAs a consultant, you can invest as much or as little time/energy/cost as you want. The more you invest, the more perks you earn.

ConsProducts could be better explained/defined. There are a lot of products that provide similar end results and it can be confusing to understand which product is the best fit for an individual. Also, the different BC Facial product packaging should be more clearly defined indicating numerical step order in the process as well as whether it belongs in the normal/dry or combo/oily set.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide clear definition of what products to use for what circumstances as well as improved product packaging to visually distinguish products and ultimately make the product easier to use.

One of the most toxic, unorganized, unappreciative, stress inducing, bully fostering employers I've ever worked for.

Manager (Former Employee) Carrollton, TX

ProsNone - you get a paycheck.

ConsSenior management can't agree on what color the sky is on any given day much less what strategy the company should be using to get sales. No strategic vision for the organization; knee jerk management style. managers are Bullies. Controlling, picky and petty. Backstabbers: Taking credit for others work and undermining at every turn. Clueless, vindictive, and conniving. Technology is outdated. They have NO loyalty to any of their employees. Barely keeping the lights on.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is time to burn the ships. Get rid of the bullies and hire people with good interpersonal and managerial skills. Stop accepting & encouraging the bully behavior. Stop fostering bullying in the workplace - it comes from the top. Promote a few brave people who aren't afraid to take risks and the responsibility that goes along with those risks.

Hostile and full of stress

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Carrollton, TX

ProsWonderful individuals who support one another and do their best to accomplish their goals under some of the worst leadership I have ever seen. You gain experience working in a virtual war zone. This will make your next position seem like heaven on earth guaranteeing your future happiness.

ConsManagement completely disconnected from work force. Politics gone wild with all the attention and resources going to the most vicious. Company just had ANOTHER layoff. Losing people critical to achieving marketing goals while retaining others who did nothing but create obstacles.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up and value those who work hard toward helping you achieve your goals. Lose some of the politicians, especially the bullies. Finally have the same rules for everyone.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Blessed To Be a Part Of this amazing company!

Director (Current Employee) Aynor, SC

ProsHelp others reach their goals, help to build confidence, you work your own hours, great income, you can put your family first.

ConsWhen you see soooo much potential in others in this business BUT they dont see it in themselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementOur New BC President has an amazing focus for our business & Capturing the dreams of others.

fabulous

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Foley, AL

Prosbest products on the market
    awesome marketing, advertising and campaigns
    your income is based solely on your own performance

Consneed self-motivation
    you must put your own money out in order to succeed

Advice to Senior Managementallow BC Reps to change their team when they move to other states so they continue to have enthusiastic supporters in their team members

The next company to tank.

Regretful Employee (Current Employee) Carrollton, TX

ProsWhenever they do lay offs or reorgs for the millionth time, they'll give you cup cakes. (Cue sarcasm.) There's nothing positive to say about a company that treats employees poorly and expects double the workload as the work force gets smaller and smaller.

ConsPoorly run company and managers with executive sized egos. President changes every 2 years. This one is in his early 30's. We'll see what happens with him. Over time and work you to the core like you have nothing better to go home to. Micromanagement to the extreme and no opportunity for a future here. This place is financial disaster and the next Avon. Beware of positive reviews here - either from clueless consultants who don't know all the crap that goes on in corporate or managers that write fake reviews with cons like "nothing I can think of!" WORK SMART... um ok. Not so much. Some whole departments are all temps because so many people have left. Customer service center is bare bones. Women are promised cars that they earn through their compensation and get them 11 months later.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust wait until Tupperware comes to its senses.

One of the most worst run companies I've ever seen

ProsNone. You get a paycheck.

ConsThey laid off full time employees who had been with the company for years & replaced them with part time workers from home who were untrained before they're biggest event of the year, then gripe when customer service scores go down. And they hired all part time people so they don't have to pay benefits. Part time people are treated like slaves. Schedules are changed at the last minute with no notice and they MUST work. This includes nights and weekends. Forget about kids, a family, or another part time job.

Managers are incompetent and make a big deal about being available when they never are and most of the time, if you ask 3 different managers, you get 3 different answers. They go on and on about empowering women and being successful, but it's all a scam. The computer system is out of date, breaks down all the time, and the steps they use to complete the most simplest thing takes about ten steps to many. The CEO was recent fired (a few years too late) but it's too late to save a sinking ship. Employees aren't loyal because the only thing the company cares about is the field. Communication is horrible, stupid mistakes and errors are made on the website, magazine, & marketing pieces all the time because people are just too lazy to check.

Pay is very low and benefits, if your eligible aren't that great.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpdate the computer system, interview your low-level people, and find out what's really going on. You have no idea.

Mobile spa business

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Aiken, SC

ProsMake. your on hours. Work as little or as much as you want.

ConsI don't know of any!

Excellent working environment!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Carrollton, TX

ProsI work with BeautiControl's Marketing Creative group, and couldn't be happier. Great people, no corporate politics, low-stress environment. The people here take their work seriously and work SMART. They focus, collaborate and work efficiently so that everyone can leave on time. Of course, sometimes, overtime work is necessary, but it's not accepted as the norm. There seem to be a lot of happy people here, which creates a nice vibe.

ConsI haven't found any yet.

Advice to Senior ManagementFrom my vantage point, you're definitely doing something right!

A sinking ship with no direction, poor leadership and haphazard decision making on a daily basis

(Current Employee) Carrollton, TX

ProsOverall, the products are very good. You also develop decent working relationships with the majority of employees as you come together in survival mode.

ConsCareer opportunities:

NONE. In fact, many offers that are made to outside candidates for open positions are turned down; yet,leadership or human resources doesn't seem to see the trend for this or wonder if it is a cause for concern. As with other companies, you have those who make the most mistakes, chose to delegate their job duties to others and pretend to work that are the ones who are promoted. Could be because there is absolutely no succession planning in individual departments should someone resign, which is often the case.

Compensation/Benefits:

Benefits are pretty decent, but nothing you couldn't find at another company - especially as the price goes up each year. Compensation is poor - minimum of 15-20% below the market for the DFW area. You get annual increase, but it amounts to literally 2-3%, which is typically accounted for quickly by cost of living increase and increase in insurance costs. You'll fight tooth and nail to get an extra $1,000 - if you ever get it.

Work/Life Balance:

Poor. We are a company that grows based on telling women that they can start their own business, make their own hours, stay at home to raise their children; yet at corporate, the story is just the opposite. Expectation is to stay late with no realization of children, family, spouses at home. Work weekends and late nights for events and receive no comp time - and human resources seems to turn a blind eye to the lack of a comp time policy, leaving employees left with an uncomfortable talk to ask for the time from their supervisor. Managers, even as high as directors, making comments as employees leave for the day, comparing their hours to those of an employee. "If we have to be here, so do you."

Senior Management:

More concerned with promoting their careers than developing employees and fostering departments of growth and team work. Decisions are made on a quick whim with changes in promotions, events, schedules, projects made at the last minute. All are very aware that morale is low - no one is doing anything to fix it. High turnover in departments - many with no new position lined up. This doesn't seem to have an affect on human resources, senior leadership - no one. Mentality seems to be - what more can we squeeze out of our employees?

Culture and Values:

Hypocrisy at its best. Want to foster a "professional" working environment, but you have senior leadership that makes comments about employees to other employees; using profanity because they think it's funny; human resources that demands a professional attire of jackets with stains on floors, no air conditioning, broken elevators, appliances that don't work, floods in departments that aren't properly cleaned. We are a company that is sinking, yet leaders of these areas are as chipper and happy as can be - where's the sense of urgency and seriousness? No accountability at all. Turnover in human resources is even poor! Currently, absolutely no senior representation for human resources on site at all - besides someone who has to fly in from our parent company. What does that say to employees?

NOTE: Reviews from Consultants are not an accurate representation as they are not employees of the company, but run their own business from their homes.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a look around. Your "workers" are leaving in the masses - who will do all the work once they all leave? Put your money where your mouth is - you believe everything you tell the field? Work a dream job? Dream life? Family time? Career opportunities and growth? Professional development? Extend that same courtesy to your employees. It takes a lot more than pizza, ice cream and flowers to inspire employees. Maybe the damage is already done.

Worked for BeautiControl? Contribute to the Community!