Beauty First Reviews

Updated April 15, 2014

2.4

Brian Luborsky
1 Rating

retail sales and salon sales

Former Employee - Manager  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Beauty First full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great for the product junkie training class bring in product to give away. employee discount is good. the salon can style your hair.

Cons

Upset customers about out of stock sale items replenishment is slow or nonexistent. sales goals are high and raises are unattainable.Staff works hard and the company never notices it.

Keep your staff happy they will sell more than a discouraged staff.

Horrible company

Current Employee - Stylist  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Stylist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Beauty First full-time for more than a year

Pros

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WORTH MENTIONING. THIS COMPANY IS HORRIBLE TO WORK FOR.

Cons

CEO doesn't know anything about the salon industry, too many VPs who don't know what they are doing, company is completely broke so individual salons don't get any supplies (colors, retail products, etc.), locations are being closed down everyday...the list can go on and on

stop promoting idiots to VP or regional positions, close down more locations & start focusing more attention to the few good locations that you want to maintain, start doing more things to promote business.

Mediocre at best

Current Employee - Beauty Consultant/Stylist  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Beauty Consultant/Stylist in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Beauty First

Pros

You have the opportunity to play with a large range of hair, skin, and nail products. It's great for a product junkie like myself. Free product giveaways happen regularly. The company offers product training classes that you can use to further help you sell products. This job is great for a highschool student or a beauty school student who only needs part-time hours. The salon offers hourly vs. commission and booth rent opportunities. The store hours are nice as far as retail is concerned... I never leave later then 8:15pm.

Cons

The pay is minimum wage with almost non-existant opportunities for pay increases. The managers have first grabs on hours so the rest of the staff is left with limited part-time hours... like 15 hours per week. Overtime is a no-no if you are an hourly employee. Beauty consultants have sales goals that are unrealistic in the face of the sour economy. Management pushes Gold Card sales and then they are the ones who get bonuses if we meet our goals. The products are overpriced and slow to replinish... our store is always out of our best sellers and it's embarassing to turn down sales to frustrated customers.

Where are our products??!?! We cannot meet sales goals if we don't have products to sell.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great first job, incompetent management.

Former Employee - Senior Beauty Consultant  in  Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Senior Beauty Consultant in Louisville, KY

I worked at Beauty First

Pros

Learn to open and close a retail store, learn how to market products effectively to clients, and learn how to maintain a functioning salon.

Cons

Management more concerned with physical appearance than company success, hours given and taken away in the blink of an eye. Stand up for yourself if you choose to work at Beauty First.

Listen to your employees, they have a lot of good advice that can be pertinent to the success of your store.

Beauty First

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Beauty First

Pros

Very flexible for student schedules that change frequently

Cons

Ability to receive yearly raises needs improvement

More frequent reviews for raises needed

Worked for Beauty First? Contribute to the Community!