Beauty Systems Group

Updated Mar 18, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

John R. Golliher

Easy job, plus free beauty products to try every month!

I have been working at Beauty Systems Group full-time for more than a year

ProsFree high end salon products to try every month. Commission system based off points that you earn for selling specific items that can be redeemed on the employee rewards site. Lots of easy but busy work that makes the day go by quickly. Really nice coworkers.

ConsLow pay and demanding customers who can be very rude when we are unable to deviate from company policies in order to satisfy their strange requests.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing, but maybe pay a little more.

Good starter job out of college

Cateogry Manager (Current Employee)
Denton, TX

I have been working at Beauty Systems Group full-time for more than 5 years

ProsJob security becuase you will wear multiple hats, they operate on a tight crew.

ConsTop heavy with little advancement oportunities. The compensation is not worth all the hard labor. Unless you are in upper managment, as in on the 4th floor, you are a glorified work horse.

Great place to work. Pay is not so good

I have been working at Beauty Systems Group

ProsHours are good. Fun working environment.

ConsPay is less than desirable. Required to work Saturdays and Sundays

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to the great job employees are doing.

The absolute worst distributor I've ever worked for.

Sales Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Beauty Systems Group full-time for more than a year

ProsThere's very little good to say except that some of the manufacturers genuinely care and want to help when they detail with you.

ConsSales Consultants and company stores are in competition with each other. Customers prefer shopping at the stores to avoid shipping charges but the stores aren't as knowledgeable as the reps. Management's advice is always to open new accounts even when you lose a big one, not supportive at all. Company philosophy is dog eat dog, it's all about share holders.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you put your employees 1st you'd have less turnover. Upper and middle management need coaching very badly. Stop breathing your own fumes and listen to what's going on in the field and in the stores. Stop putting profits over people. When people are happy in their work, profits follow naturally.

The starting pay was good, quarterly raises, and the opportunity for advancement.

Order Puller (Former Employee)
Fresno, CA

I worked at Beauty Systems Group full-time for less than a year

ProsThey take care of their employees by making sure the working environment is good.

ConsThe pressure to meet quota can get a little overwhelming.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider those with an education a little more; I nearly had completed an associates degree and I didn't get the promotion.

You are on your own....

DSC (Former Employee)
Cleveland, OH

I worked at Beauty Systems Group full-time for more than a year

ProsOutside sales position offers flexible schedule, I wasn't micro managed.

ConsCompeting against my own company in the field stores VS me was completely wrong. I would present new items, demo new lines only to have salons go to a local Cosmo Prof store and buy the items, I received no commission on these purchases. Car allowance was pitiful. Spent more traveling my territory and I took home.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't pit stores against your sales force. If we all worked TOGETHER we could have been wildly successful.

I love my Job!

Whitehall, PA

I have been working at Beauty Systems Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros401k, health Insurance, dental, pay vacation, sick days & holidays, the store hours,
 the fact that most Manufactures send the team members products to try, As a Hairdresser I love it because I'm able to explain the product to educate our clients. I also enjoy color education & the ability to go above & beyond with the company

ConsWhen clients come in the store with some else Cosmoprof card,
They expect the store staff to help them with color formulas.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf a team member tells you, she wants to go above & beyond with the company, let her know what her options are.

Ok company to work for but will not pay all the bills

Miami, FL

I have been working at Beauty Systems Group part-time for more than a year

Prosreally flexible schedule, Great team and DM

ConsTM's and upper management don't care about employee needs. They lack in giving hours to the stores to give to the employees. No room for creativity. The pay is not good at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive hours to those employees that want to work!! Make your raises more than just 30 cents.

Stable job in an unstable job market.

Store Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Beauty Systems Group full-time for more than 8 years

ProsSpiffs, education, challenging contests, no late retail hours, benefits, 401k, profit sharing, quarterly bonus plan and an amazingly consistent work day that flies by. So much to do and it never gets boring.

ConsThe pay is not great.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease get us online and let us please get rid of the dial up crappy P.O.S. it is a tough system to deal with.

Poor DM, Poor Experience

Store Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at Beauty Systems Group full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat benefits, job was not hard, hours were good

ConsDM was abusive and demanding, very little support from her, raises are a slap in the face for all the work you do, a lot of favoritism amongst the store managers and DM, I got an illness and DM never reached out to me the whole time I was out of work

Advice to Senior ManagementGet DM's that care about their employees and that don't belittle them or show favoritism, pay employees that work hard good wages and keep track of what your DM's are doing!!

Worked for Beauty Systems Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Beauty Systems Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Beauty Systems Group CEO John R. Golliher. All 27 reviews posted anonymously by Beauty Systems Group employees.