BeavEx

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mark Tuchmann

Good place to work if you have good work ethics

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsThose who are capable of working unsupervised are not micro-managed

ConsNo cost of living increases in several years, even though several acquisitions have been made

Feel the open Road!

Independent Contractor-courier (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

Prosindependance and the ability to take or leave work as you see fit.

ConsSpotty months of little or no work.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more professional...

Be careful....

ProsFlexibility with schedule and home life

ConsThe company all around is of poor quality. The entire company is built with too many chiefs and not enough Indians. At least 95% of management is in management and shouldn't be. Often times most managers are managers out of need rather than qualification. There is absolutely no training and growth within the company. Everything is built on personal emotions and need for power rather than a business need. More time is spent on being reactive and subjective to all personnel and business issues rather than being proactive and object to issues at hand. The company invest nothing in it's biggest asset: the employees and even less into the quality of the environment and business needs. They offer no support with their open door policy nor do they supply you with adequate equipment and training to effectively complete your job for their business needs. All the core talents with all the wealth of information have removed themselves (says a lot) and you should beware that this may not be a suited place for you if you are looking for anything long term.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould completely consider starting over finding true talent and people invested in making growth rather than playing power struggles.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Another day driving.

Independent Contractor-courier (Former Employee) Gardena, CA

ProsYou decide when you want to work and how much you want to work. Your allowed to sub contract your routes to other drivers while keeping them for extended periods of time.

ConsYou use your own vehicle pay for your own gas, insurance, and maintenance so with the amount of mileage that you drive you eventually break your vehicle. Your not compensated for going out of your way to work harder. There isn't any benefits for drivers.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need better communication with drivers.

Unimaginable!

ProsIt's a job while you're looking for another job. Definitely not a career!

ConsThey don't take care of their employees. No raises at all. Super stressful.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more employee oriented

Working for this company left a bad taste in my mouth

Dispatcher (Former Employee) Virginia Beach, VA

ProsThere is some schedule flexibility

ConsTerminal managers who are figureheads only. No merit increases and benefits get worse every year. Hourly employees were expected to do the work of the manager and also handle all operations of the terminal on weekends for on call pay of $10 per day.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you're going to keep growing as a company and expanding job responsibilities, be prepared to also increase the pay of your employees. Do you part and do your job, don't expect your employees to do everything for you. Also, if you're going to be a manager, then become hands-on and manage your terminal.

By far the worst company with regards to chain of command and HR...

Area Manager (Former Employee) West Sacramento, CA

ProsHours go by extremely fast. Many of the drivers are great and most of the staff is helpful.

ConsWhere to begin? They have replaced four managers in less than a year and looking for the fifth. Of the 8 terminal staff all are new except two. One is a serious cancer and HR refuses to allow write ups. Your manager is a workaholic and a complete train wreck. The position of Area Manager is in title only. They need a supervisor and not a manager. The micromanagement in this place it is the worse I've encountered. If you are quite and willing to be a yes-man then you'll do fine here but if you want to affect real change you will not last. Change is not seen as needed nor is it wanted. I was specifically hired to clean up this troubled terminal. I was scolded via email for simply moving employee schedules. Management does not recognize the chain of command and will circumvent you at every opportunity. When you meet your customers your manager will have secondary secret meetings and tell the customer that they are in charge. I could write forever but my review is honest and accurate. For the most part your staff wants to see things get better and the drivers are the losers in all of this. It's sad...

Oh and the benefits... Obamacare turned out to be a better option... BeavEx benefits cost $400 to $600 per month for a family and Beavex does not pay a dime until you reach your $2000 to $4000 deductible. That means you basically have catastrophic coverage but pay through the nose...

Advice to Senior ManagementI'd give my advice but they bury their heads and do not recognize change is needed and do not seem to care...

Solid company but going through changes.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood people, flexible working environment, solid benefits including good vacation time.

ConsLack of central leadership. The company is divided into regional managers and this makes regional decision making more important than corporate decision making. Creates conflicts and those working centrally lose out.

A great company

Cleaner (Former Employee) Tulsa, OK

ProsVery happy with this company. Good salaries, always on time, great senior management, overall great experience. I look forward to going back to work there one day.

ConsThe company is still growing and management is a bit lax. The cost of living in a lot of the cities is green during the day and blue at night. IT's always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on trucking!

very good people to work with in company

Dispatch (Current Employee) Denver, CO

Prosfriendly staff, independent workers. busy work days

Conssmall office with big warehouse, very little communication with others

Advice to Senior Managementdevelop training manuals for client base needs

Worked for BeavEx? Contribute to the Community!