www.beazer.com

Updated November 5, 2014
2.9

Allan P. Merrill

I worked at Beazer Homes

Pros

Beazer homes was an amazing place to work. They build a quality homes.

Cons

I have never had a negative experience at Beazer Homes. In fact I would argue the opposite that it was a wonderful place to work and helped make me into who I am today.

Build more homes in Orange County and other parts of Southern California. There are many buyers looking for homes right now but the inventory is so low they cant find the right home for themselves. Most people want new construction when they are spending top dollar on a house.

Company on it's way to big things after the real estate collapse

I worked at Beazer Homes

Pros

Interesting industry to work for, company is definitely in the middle of a turn around that was hindered due to former management team's mistakes. Current CEO and CFO are hard working individuals who expect a lot from their employees and are willing to listen to the concerns of all personnel. Fantastic opportunities to learn and succeed here.

Cons

Less PTO than other companies of this size. Long hours necessary to complete corporate deadlines. Politics rampant with many co-workers not taking accountability for their failure to stay on top of their responsibilities.

Sometimes it wasn't a fun place to work, but understandable given the focus on becoming profitable again. CEO/CFO are doing a great job with the business and is open to ideas from lower level employees, however culture within the company is toxic at times. Focus on making the company a place that people really want to go into to do the best work possible every day. CEO is making an attempt to change the corporate culture, however sometimes it's placed on the back burner due to what seems to be daily fire drills that could be prevented by division management holding those responsible for failing to adhere to corporate directives--these individuals tend to pass blame onto others.

Best wishes to the many great employees there--I'm confident management will continue to clean up employees not on board with the program.

Great work, great people! Different environment.

Former Employee - Corporate Office in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Corporate Office in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Beazer Homes full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

MY managers were generally very open to input.

Great diversity in my position. Great team environment once you find a "group", both in and outside of department. Those outside of the "group" could be more difficult. Almost had a clique like feel.

Cons

Certain managers (in my department and out) were not open to input. Likewise, there was tension and an unwillingness to cooperate throughout the company.

My ultimate reason for leaving was the general tension and failure of management to provide a promotion despite their acknowledgement of my superiority among my pears.

Encourage and promote. Create more open communication between departments.

Good Company

Current Employee - Marketing in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Beazer Homes full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good company to work for, team oriented, work/life family balance

Cons

Benefits, out of pocket benefits fron the employee extremly expensive

Relaxed, Friendly Environment, Not much advancement or diversity

Current Employee - Purchasing Coordinator in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Purchasing Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Beazer Homes full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, little to no micro-managing, easy work tasks, bagels on Friday

Cons

work is mundane, lots of data entry, no room for advancement

improve morale by promoting/recognizing

Great Place to Work

Former Employee - New Home Counselor in Murrieta, CA
    Former Employee - New Home Counselor in Murrieta, CA

I worked at Beazer Homes

Pros

Pay is good. Fun place to work.

Cons

Work all weekends. Need to award those who produce.

Better communication.

Disconnect btwn upper management & other staff

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Beazer Homes

Pros

The Work versus life balance was good here. Beazer also offered a competitive benefits package including health & 401k matching.

Cons

Poor communication from upper management to other staff. No feeling of employees being "team members" or having your suggestions taken seriously. Upper management seems to make decisions without listening to feedback from people on the "front line," even though we are the ones who deal directly with the customers.

Upper management should communicate more directly with employees, and make them feel they have a stake in what the do.

Long Hours and Work Hard

Current Employee - New Home Sales in Brea, CA
    Current Employee - New Home Sales in Brea, CA

I have been working at Beazer Homes

Pros

Good Pay, Flexible workplace, left to produce, you must produce or you will be gone.

Cons

Favorites get better communities and breaks, fairness is lacking, must work most holidays, long hours, management out of touch with today's market, low morale, High new home prices led to low sales. Low sales means low pay. Eat lunch as you work.

Listen to your employees. Take time to shop all competition. Treat people better.

Enjoyed working for this company until the reputation was hit hard by media during foreclosure crisis.

Former Employee - New Home Counselor in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - New Home Counselor in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Beazer Homes

Pros

Great sales training program by local executives, decent benefits, good backing by corporate for planning and marketing strategies as well as national promotions.

Cons

After the media struggles, the company has a very poor reputation and it would be difficult to sell a beazer home right now.

I wish there was something corporate could have done to revive the Charlotte division after the media blitz against the company.

Employees are suffering in the wake of the Housing dilemma as they continually asked to do more with less.

Former Employee - Regional Vice President of Finance - SouthEast in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Regional Vice President of Finance - SouthEast in Orlando, FL

I worked at Beazer Homes

Pros

It is within the Residential Construction industry.

Cons

Senior manangement seems disconnected with the tools required to preform adequately.

Perhaps the market downturn is a substantial cloud on operations and progress. The companies focus should be more accurately communicated and combined with reasonalbe expectations of when proper tools will be provided to succeed.