Becker Industrial Coatings

Becker Industrial Coatings Reviews

Updated Mar 17, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Good

Technical Representative Senior (Current Employee)
Querétaro, Querétaro (Mexico)

I have been working at Becker Industrial Coatings full-time for more than a year

ProsThis was a new and interesting challenge

ConsTo Develop my skills of negotiation

No Global vision trying to serve global customers

Lab Manager (Former Employee)
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Becker Industrial Coatings full-time for more than 8 years

Pros- Small, regional manufacturing sites that allow a lot of freedom to explore local business.
- Access to a wide range of coating technologies and expertise from around the world.

Cons- Event though the regional sites look to develop local business there is still a focus on building global business even though all sites outside of Asia have little to no influence on that business
- Lack of cohesive vision for business and each site it's own vision

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement need to find a way to develop a unified business vision and then ensure they have the best people in each region to achieve that vision.

Sad to see committed and talented people leave as top management does not recognize quality of local staff

Project Leader (Current Employee)
Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I have been working at Becker Industrial Coatings

ProsEasy going atmosphere among colleagues

ConsLocal talents have no chance to reach the positions they deserve. top management is managing china business like if it is Europe and foreign mgrs who understood local culture were let go.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake clear choices and walk the talk

Great place for getting global exposure if your wiling to put up with petty politics

Manager (Current Employee)
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Becker Industrial Coatings

ProsYou can advance as far as you are willing to take yourself. You get fantastic exposure to a global community of technical and business people that will show you opportunities you might never get with a larger company.

ConsThe lack of forethought for the refurbishment of the existing plant is staggering. The lack of proper management communication is laughable. The micromanagement of all aspects of the business shows as much ignorance as it does lack of trust in the employees that were hired to do the job properly.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the people you hired to do their jobs. Listen to the views of others to help make decisions. Don't mislead the people who helped create the business. Don't treat the staff like little children that need to be threatened to get the right work done. Treat us with respect.

Worked for Becker Industrial Coatings? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Becker Industrial Coatings reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Becker Industrial Coatings employees.