Bed Bath & Beyond

Bed Bath & Beyond CEO and Director Steve Temares

Steve Temares

66 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

A good employer

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Nanuet, NY

ProsWorks with employee with scheduling

ConsAntiquated technology, needs to update all areas ie. cash registers

Ugly

Sales Associate/Cashier/Stock Replenishment (Current Employee)
    Mohegan Lake, NY

ProsThe employee discount...that's it. And some of my coworkers. Other than that, nothing of note

ConsManagement, specifically corporate management. Always thinking they know more than the store associates. Using an inventory system that worked well during the 1980s and their stubborn refusal to update. Management cares about putting money in their pockets and not helping with putting money in the employees pockets who truly deserve it. Every level of management lack, or had none to begin with, integrity, morals, respect.

Advice to Senior ManagementLike they are gonna read this anyway but first thing first, update the inventory system to today's technology. Second, stop being such penny pinchers, you are trying to maximize sales dollars and have so few workers on busy days. Really? Does that make sense? Third, too many senior and corporate managers involved in the day to day operations and often conflicting, DM says one thing, Purchasing manager says something different. Who are we as floor associates suppose to get our guidance from when management can't determine who is in charge.

Okay for a short-term, part-time job...

Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee)
    Plainview, NY

ProsUnlimited access to 20% off coupons (although that's not much different from the rest of the population). It was easy enough and customer-oriented.

ConsFolding towels/sheets and then having someone ruin the entire shelf 2 seconds later; I ended up working doubles because other employees failed to show up.

Advice to Senior ManagementStabilizing the scheduling, seeing more perks day-to-day

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Short Lived Employment In Bed Bath

Associate (Former Employee)

ProsNight Shift Is More Convenient There

ConsHuman Resources Should Be Replaced There

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace H.R

BBB don't care about there employees

CSR (Former Employee)
    Totowa, NJ

ProsVery strong company, no debt company, they have a good customer service phone line.

ConsWorking in customer services is very stressful, but working as CSR in BBB is worst thing you could do, the company only care about the customers and the customers know that so they treat you like crap. They have some politics that are obsolete, the most valuable asset that a company have is there employees but not in the case of BBB

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Managers in the csr department treat the employees like crap

Title\Position Changed so many times, hard to tell...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Union, NJ

ProsYou get to leave to a better position elsewhere!

ConsAs a previous individual stated "Be careful about taking a job in the corp. office! The position I took paid well, but the management and culture were horrific!! Management treats their people very poorly and turnover is high in many departments. If you look on their website there are always TONS of jobs available. Wondering why? Because Bed Bath does not value their people....Just like anything, if you think something is too good to be true, it probably is....It was easy to get hired at a good salary, putting up with the bosses and culture you have to work in...not so easy." To add, the management are clueless, you have one that during an interview, will rudely interrupt you without reason. I have no idea how this person got the position, oh wait, he worked at the same company as the greasy man above him! Cronyism is alive and well here. You have people slogging through the wrong technology attempting to do something that is relatively simple and they are adamant about it. There is a high attrition rate, and I have no doubt why. The culture is atrocious and you are peppered with ridiculous rules and management does NOT value your skills, they like to act like blowhards and pompous buffoons. I suppose this is the part in which they excel. If you have extensive experience, they will trounce you in order to make themselves feel better. They also poorly use SCRUM methodologies. I never seen groups that speak about parts of projects that have nothing to do with one another. I can attest, that the negatives that others state are only the tip of the iceberg. Your position would be in flux, you might as well call yourself a CEO since your title and position would not reflect properly what you do. I hold the CEO accountable, because the culture reflects upon him. If I were him, I would purge management and start over. A very dissatisfying company! Go elsewhere, there are many companies out there and particularly within IT that are a thousand times better. You have been warned.

Store management is really a glorified sales person, the real management is district and up.

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
    Newark, NJ

ProsMoney for managers is not bad.

ConsLateral moves in management, no pay increases.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees better, people need a work/life balance.. people should not be working 17 hour days.

Horrible

Department Manager (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsThey don't make you work past your scheduled shift.

ConsOverall way the company operates. Absolutely no interest in technology or evolving in any way.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet your managers manage.

Horrible experience with discrimination and racism.

Department Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGreat for networking and good "associates" to work at Bed Bath and Beyond

Consnon professional environment, discrimination, sexual harassment, racism and constant vulgarity.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs sensitivity classes to avoid future lawsuits.

Has its ups and downs...

Front End Supervisor (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsThe customer service is extraordinary. You never have to worry about saying 'no' to a customer at any point.

ConsSeverely understaffed, and there is very little room for advancement opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake your employees more seriously when it comes to their desires to learn and grow with the company.

Worked for Bed Bath & Beyond? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bed Bath & Beyond reviews and ratings in New York City, NY — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bed Bath & Beyond CEO Steve Temares. All 66 reviews posted anonymously by Bed Bath & Beyond employees.